2023 Recruiting

I think Kellie goes after a big in 23 and another couple of shooters on the wing. Also need another PG if she does not sign one this year.

Landing a truly elite PG would make the biggest difference given the make up of the foundational 2021 class. I’d agree we need a really good 5 in either 2022 or 2023.

Just watched some of her highlights. We definitely need her in Orange! I love how fluid her movements are on the court. You can’t teach that. She can score in a variety of ways too.

and she still has two years left to get better 🤣

that’s why when people say we need other players at the same position or bust i don’t get it if we get a player like her lol

and she still has two years left to get better 🤣

that’s why when people say we need other players at the same position or bust i don’t get it if we get a player like her lol

As good as she is, we will always need a backup developing at the same position. I would love to get into a position where the starters play a max of 25 minutes a game. Can't do that if the backups are not ready. That said, I could watch a player of her caliber play the whole game just for the enjoyment of it.

As good as she is, we will always need a backup developing at the same position. I would love to get into a position where the starters play a max of 25 minutes a game. Can't do that if the backups are not ready. That said, I could watch a player of her caliber play the whole game just for the enjoyment of it.

i don’t know if the back up player would be in the same class or what... i don’t know if Cori Allen would come in to play the same position or maybe we go with 4 out 1 in and more wing/forwards get more time.

Reactions: dtnvol and Rickster
How u kn she doesn't have an offer? I'm asking I don't kn
As of March: Arizona, South Carolina, Louisville, Maryland, North Carolina, Georgia, Miami, Oregon, Texas, aTm, West Virginia. And I understand UConn has not offered but one is expected. Also expect Rutgers and Syracuse (if they get their house in order) to be in the mix,

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
How about Karoline? She's 6-3 and a strong body.
she's not 6'5" and a back to the basket center,,,she is a PF who can play center if need be,,,her strength is attacking the basket on short drives, mid-range shooting and versatility at the elbow as a point-forward (IMO).

In the SEC we will have to have a true low-post center like Tamari to compete for a title

she's not 6'5" and a back to the basket center,,,she is a PF who can play center if need be,,,her strength is attacking the basket on short drives, mid-range shooting and versatility at the elbow as a point-forward (IMO).

In the SEC we will have to have a true low-post center like Tamari to compete for a title

Thanks for your take. I want to learn more about the game and what better person to ask than a coach?

Who do you think should back up Tamari this season? Would Karo be better at that than Emily?

First of all, I want to see Emily progress. Her Dad, Chris, is a good man and a friend...She has a ways to go and I will not be able to see what she has accomplished over the offseason until they hit the court.

And we all know I am without question as to the ability of Karo, coming in. And I know her family too.

So, I will not choose, I will let their games choose for them.

That said, their games are very similar and if I had input, I would not sub for Tamari singularly, until I tried both as subs and made sure that I had a shot-blocking, low-scoring, back to the basket presence like Tamari is....,,,Instead, I would bring in two big-forwards when subbing Tamari ,,,Emily is a natural lefty and Karo, Green, Suarez and Puckett are all righty's....I would work a 2 fwd, 3 guard set and run hi-lo's varying the 2 sets of forwards until I could find the best duo-symmetry of the bunch and then go with that....unless one of the five prove to be an adequate backup for Tamari.

We need a "true center" in the next two recruiting classes !

VN Store

Back