ACC

BigOrangeAl 1979

How would you feel if the Vols left the SEC and joined the ACC? It will never happen probaly but hear me out here. This would be a good move for Tennessee at this point in time we haven’t been competitive in football in league play in more than a decade so by joining the ACC our football team would instantly improve. Our basketball teams and baseball teams would make a smooth transition no doubt since we are more of a basketball and now a baseball school right now. Our geological footprint also fits in the ACC I mean better than Boston College does and Mizzou does in the SEC. I can think of four to five instant rivalry games from the moment we joined with VA, Va. Tech and North Carolina and Georgia Tech. And last but not least it would help recruiting tremendously by getting out of the SEC. Nebraska left the Big 12 and left alot of history and old rivalries behind so we could certainly tell the SEC to efff off and leave . We all know crooked Bama runs the league anyway just look where the SEC offices are located at lol.

How would you feel if the Vols left the SEC and joined the ACC? It will never happen probaly but hear me out here. This would be a good move for Tennessee at this point in time we haven’t been competitive in football in league play in more than a decade so by joining the ACC our football team would instantly improve. Our basketball teams and baseball teams would make a smooth transition no doubt since we are more of a basketball and now a baseball school right now. Our geological footprint also fits in the ACC I mean better than Boston College does and Mizzou does in the SEC. I can think of four to five instant rivalry games from the moment we joined with VA, Va. Tech and North Carolina and Georgia Tech. And last but not least it help recruiting tremendously by getting out of the SEC.

This question has been asked many times.
Answer almost always being NO.

We helped create the SEC. We've won SEC championships- unlike Kentucky.
We have no significant prior history to those other programs you mention as potential rivals.

Tennessee Football is at the heart of the SEC.
No it wouldn't change recruiting much IF AT ALL, because we still recruit by geography! UT is still in Knoxville, TN regardless of hypothetical conference...

Yeah but there is a pretty sizable difference in revenue between the ACC and the SEC. After a few seasons of diminishing $$$ how would that impact our institutional willingness to invest in facilities, recruiting budget, staff salaries, etc.?

Over the next few years, sure, more infield success no doubt…but what would be the long term program level ramifications?

Sure, Clemson used the softer schedule(along with some correct hires) to parlay themselves into the upper echelon of college football…..but with our administration’s history that’s no guarantee

This question has been asked many times.
Answer almost always being NO.

We helped create the SEC. We've won SEC championships- unlike Kentucky.
We have no significant prior history to those other programs you mention as potential rivals.

Tennessee Football is at the heart of the SEC.
No it wouldn't change recruiting much IF AT ALL, because we still recruit by geography! UT is still in Knoxville, TN regardless of hypothetical conference...
. How many more beatdowns and blowouts at Neyland are the fans willing to take though by Georgia , Florida and Bama every year and now freaking Kentucky

And the Nebraska program is down to our level now. Was a big mistake for them. So you want to swap AL for Clemson and think we fair any better. Best move is to stay in SEC and just get Bama off our schedule as an every season opponent.

. How many more beatdowns and blowouts at Neyland are the fans willing to take though by Georgia , Florida and Bama every year and now freaking Kentucky

How many were Georgia willing to take when we rattled off 9 straight on them in the 90’s? Or Bama when we were 9-1 on them in 10 games during that same era?

We just happen to be in the difficult position of our 3 rivals being at or near their program’s peak. With everyone else we are dishing it out as often as we are taking it.

Their reigns will end, just like ours did. No need to jump ship just because of impatience.

And the Nebraska program is down to our level now. Was a big mistake for them. So you want to swap AL for Clemson and think we fair any better. Best move is to stay in SEC and just get Bama off our schedule as an every season opponent.
That’s a start and I think most fans would be for it now maybe not 6 to 7 years but now quite a bit are.

You have to beat everybody and never run from anybody.

Nothing is ever won by running from competition.

If Bama has just one loss a season, I want that loss to be from us and we can't do that if we don't play them every year.

iu

Reactions: N.ohio vol
I really despise a losers' mentality. Tennessee football is still 2nd in the SEC in total wins. What does that say about the remaining 12 teams below us. Should 13 teams run and let Alabama have the SEC by themselves. And after we join the ACC, can we get a participation trophy also. SMDH.

You have to beat everybody and never run from anybody.

Nothing is ever won by running from competition.

If Bama has just one loss a season, I want that loss to be from us and we can't do that if we don't play them every year.
We won’t beat Bama again for a long time probaly not for the rest of this decade that’s the bitter truth. Do you really want to lose 25 straight to those scumbags? I don’t. At the very least take Bama off the yearly schedule

We won’t beat Bama again for a long time probaly not for the rest of this decade that’s the bitter truth. Do you really want to lose 25 straight to those scumbags? I don’t. At the very least take Bama off the yearly schedule
I'd rather lose 25 straight knowing we tried instead of giving up, tucking tail, and bailing on a conference we helped found.

VN Store

Back