The WRASSLIN’ Thread

Omega/JB was outstanding

Yes it was. The thing is, it could have been better. Both of those guys could have done 60 min. easy. I would love to see more time limit draws, or even count-outs.

I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember when Flair would just leave the ring and get counted out to retain the NWA Championship back in the day? That is how you get heat. That is the uber-heel-boss-power-move that is missing today. I miss stuff like that.

Also, I was thinking about this the other night watching Dynamite... Remember when tossing someone over the top rope was an immediate disqualification? Heels would do that all the time if they were in danger of losing the match. I don't know if a match would go 5 minutes nowadays if that rule were still enforced lol.

Yes it was. The thing is, it could have been better. Both of those guys could have done 60 min. easy. I would love to see more time limit draws, or even count-outs.

I don't know how many of you are old enough to remember when Flair would just leave the ring and get counted out to retain the NWA Championship back in the day? That is how you get heat. That is the uber-heel-boss-power-move that is missing today. I miss stuff like that.
That's the kind of stuff that makes WWE worse and worse. They never go to a clean finish.

Reactions: Bassmaster_Vol
That's the kind of stuff that makes WWE worse and worse. They never go to a clean finish.

Yeah. I'm not saying that 3/4 of every match should be ended this way. There is a way for it to be used. Flair did it magnificently. It just struck me the other night watching Kenny vs. Jungle Boy. There was a point that it would have really made sense for Kenny to walk out to a count out. And man, would it have brought heat on him and made JB that much more of a babyface.

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Yeah. I'm not saying that 3/4 of every match should be ended this way. There is a way for it to be used. Flair did it magnificently. It just struck me the other night watching Kenny vs. Jungle Boy. There was a point that it would have really made sense for Kenny to walk out to a count out. And man, would it have brought heat on him and made JB that much more of a babyface.
I haven't watched it yet. I'm sure he wins with a One-Winged Angel. And I don't have an issue with him winning that way each time. Each victory by it just makes it all the more incredible when Hangman Page finally kicks out of it and wins the belt.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack

VN Store

Back