We kewl?

Been in the business for 20 years. I always tell everyone that the food business didn’t choose me, I chose it. Doesn’t matter how long I’ve been in it, I would never refer to myself as a chef. Something you said a few years ago stuck with me, about the fascination with learning. I’ve always been fascinated by food and learning about it. I still know there’s more for me to learn even after 20 years. That’s what makes it fun for me.
You have to be a person that believes you can learn everyday. If you don't and act like a know it all you get left in the dust.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
Good point, it really went both ways. I’ve always had some that have looked at me and made assumptions that I was in food service because I couldn’t do any better. That always burned my azz. That’s where I say I chose it (even though you, as I do, know it gets in your soul).
That's awesome that you love yur job because it makes work fun.

Reactions: Orangeredblooded
You asked me how I was doing. I said busy deadlines. Then Behr comes with a outlandish 8 am to next Thursday joke that I did not get that he explained and to me in a insulting way. I started at the cable company in 2000 and left in 2009 to be a lead tech and run a crew for the power board after a nasty divorce I found myself out of work but I still worked and made money even slice helped me. I have a opportunity come up to learn on the job and help to be a project Engineer I did that for 4 years and the time came and I got the opportunity to be hired as a project Engineer. Now when people ask mostly I say designer because for my job it's all the same and I really am not a person that likes to talk about myself. But I was asked and I gave a honest answer to what I do and everyone comes at me that pissed me off but it shouldn't because none of you know me not even slice.

And that's exactly what it was, a joke. One that I'd told several other times I heard from John Caparullo. I actually believe I've used it on you before but I'm not positive and it really doesn't matter, I meant nothing by it at all.

The engineer thing was mostly a joke too. Whether you enjoy it or do it on purpose or not I can't say, but you me put me on the spot several times by digging up old posts of mine, I had to apologize to someone one time because of it. So I used this to give you a taste of your own medicine (take your medicine son) Young Guns 2 reference. I honestly didn't mean it in a degrading or malicious way, I genuinely thought you'd squirm a little but just call me a few names and laugh it off.

I couldn't careless what you do for a living or what you call yourself. I'm a glorified cook for goodness sake, a burger flipper. If I wanna call myself a "Professional sounding name I could go to the top and say I'm an "Executive Chef".....Lol, big friggin deal. Imma cook. PJ "Barney 5" used to make fun of me by telling me to bring him a glass of water, because I'm in the restaurant business. How many times have I been called "fry cook"?

Lulz, I didn't even really say much about you being an engineer anyway.

If I had actually said something to intentionally hurt you, I'd feel bad and apologize, but I didn't say anything that should have hurt you in a way that I feel I need to apologize. Maybe I will later and just squeeze it all into one.

Reactions: 82_VOL_83

VN Store

Back