Salter released from team

You can curse a program by having players making poor life decisions. Don't think some of that doesn't bleed over into the locker room. Hate it that his Dad is struggling. Tennessee didn't do this to the kid, the kid did it to himself. I sincerely hope this is the "wake up call" that turns this kid around. Some still don't get it, and then feel they are a victim. Hope that's not him.
Good points. I believe the Go Fund Me they did for his father while in the hospital here raised over $40,000. I actually contributed to it. I hope the “ kid” grows up. If so, he’ll make a great player for some team

Reactions: ptcarter
I remember being stupid as a junior in high school when a cute little girl came up to me and wanted to borrow my first ever car......To drive it to the store (right off school grounds) to get a pair of panty hose (back when they wore them). Being young and foolish and stupid, I didn't even ask if she had a license or if she could drive a stick. First stop sign she came to, she ran.....And into the path of an 18-wheeler. From the windshield forward the car was smashed but no one hurt. To get that car, I had been working for 50 cents an hour (yes that is not a typo) to save up money to buy it for $400. My dad never fussed at me but simply looked at me and stated: "Well, I guess that is the most expensive pair of panty hose that you will ever buy". I never forgot that and learned by it. We all make mistakes in life and most of us learn from them. Sadly, Salter knew the rules coming in and threw it all away on two repeated stupid mistakes. Hopefully he does not make a third mistake. His second mistake does remind me a a former talented QB that could not get past the weed, failed tests, and was even caught using purchased urine. Seems like he transferred and flopped at the next school too. What could have been at UT with this young man is now only a question for us. I hope he gets his priorities in line and understands that going forward.

Feels weird this being my first ever post, but oh well - I pretty much agree with you, but just wanted to give an FYI for the board that there is some gray area on the illegality of marijuana in TN. As long as it’s under a certain % to CBD, you can absolutely legally purchase THC in the state. Though not cheap and not saying I do this but, I can drive two miles to this TN based chain store in 12 South and legally purchase ~100mg of THC for ~$90 legally. Maybe Knoxville is making it illegal, but it’s not necessarily illegal to purchase/possess it in our state.

**Just for clarity, I’m a UGA alum that hopefully by my avatar shows I have a connection and I don’t hate UT. Wife and I love Knoxville and hope to move there once medical schooling/residency/fellowships are finished, and I can do my part to help Jig & Reel and Clancy‘s pay their bills for years to come. I won’t post much because this is your home, but when I do it’ll never be to troll or be a negative to what is a very well run site/board.

I agree with you. Pretty weird for your first post.

Hope that you get your priorities in order young man.

How was this tendency in his personal history get missed during the recruiting process? Why, with this likely being no "Johnny come lately" type of discipline or self control problem would you put him on scolly in the first place. Even the military has a pretty good vetting program now days. (they won't spend money on poor recruit prospects)

How was this tendency in his personal history get missed during the recruiting process? Why, with this likely being no "Johnny come lately" type of discipline or self control problem would you put him on scolly in the first place. Even the military has a pretty good vetting program now days. (they won't spend money on poor recruit prospects)

It wasn't missed. Pruitt was accustomed to this type of behavior being covered up at all of his previous stops so he thought nothing of it.

Just listen to the recording of the Banks arrest, this wouldn't have seen the light of day in another SEC town.

The debate on marijuana on this thread is hilarious! Also, all the love for a 17 year old kid from Texas that no one on here actually knows. He could be a huge @$$ hole for all we know.

Reactions: BigBadVol
It wasn't missed. Pruitt was accustomed to this type of behavior being covered up at all of his previous stops so he thought nothing of it.

Just listen to the recording of the Banks arrest, this wouldn't have seen the light of day in another SEC town.

This is a question, not meant to doubt or argue. I usually have fairly good info for the Bama program. I don't remember this much problem with this type of behavior while Pruitt was down there. Don't know about his other stops. Were his recruits evaluated more closely by the schools or staff above him?? Just wonder.

I can see Saban or Deion even Lincoln Riley picking this guy up of course if Saban gets him he will be smoking cigars in the Neyland endzone next year.
Maybe Deion, he’s not the kind of talent Riley and saban bring in. They are both stacked with future stars at the position and this guy doesn’t move the needle

This is a question, not meant to doubt or argue. I usually have fairly good info for the Bama program. I don't remember this much problem with this type of behavior while Pruitt was down there. Don't know about his other stops. Were his recruits evaluated more closely by the schools or staff above him?? Just wonder.

That's what I'm saying, this stuff went on there it just never got out.

Reactions: 67Vol
High School football players in Texas can do anything they want to do and that stuff never goes on the records. Same thing happens in Georgia and Florida. I don't know much about other States, but in some States, where football is king, football players can do no wrong. I strongly believe that Salter thought he could do anything he wanted to do and nothing would happen. I also believe that Pruitt thought he could do what he had done at Alabama, Georgia, and Florida State and everything would be OK. One usually will do what they have done in other environments regardless of the rules.

The rules are the same for all of the players and evidently he thought they didn't apply to him even after being given a second chance. What can you say other than.....Bye ? It's not the schools fault nor the system's, it's about his choosing not to take advantage of an opportunity that many kids can only dream of, it's really that simple.

Reactions: GoodlettsvilleVol
He dismissed himself basically. What can you say? Hopefully he gets a chance to redeem himself at another school and takes it. Colorado maybe?

Feels weird this being my first ever post, but oh well - I pretty much agree with you, but just wanted to give an FYI for the board that there is some gray area on the illegality of marijuana in TN. As long as it’s under a certain % to CBD, you can absolutely legally purchase THC in the state. Though not cheap and not saying I do this but, I can drive two miles to this TN based chain store in 12 South and legally purchase ~100mg of THC for ~$90 legally. Maybe Knoxville is making it illegal, but it’s not necessarily illegal to purchase/possess it in our state.

**Just for clarity, I’m a UGA alum that hopefully by my avatar shows I have a connection and I don’t hate UT. Wife and I love Knoxville and hope to move there once medical schooling/residency/fellowships are finished, and I can do my part to help Jig & Reel and Clancy‘s pay their bills for years to come. I won’t post much because this is your home, but when I do it’ll never be to troll or be a negative to what is a very well run site/board.
You are correct...It is legal to possess CBD oil if it is less than .3% THC but it has not been approved for consumption by the FDA. The gray area and the problem for law enforcement is that almost half of the products contain more than legally allowed amount of THC and around 17% contain enough THC to inebriate a person. There is zero regulation on the products being produced and law enforcement agencies do not have the resources to conduct lab tests on all of these products. The problem for consumers that isn't being talked about is the problem with safety of the products. Some of these farms are being fertilized with animal waste and people are getting sick. They can't keep salmonella off of lettuce, which is heavily regulated. In an case, selling a THC product that is intended for human consumption has not been approved by the FDA(outside of few prescription products) and I expect it is just a matter of time until it is stopped.

VN Store

Back