The Official Tennessee vs Texas College World Series Elimination Game Thread Tuesday 2PM Eastern

Great post by you .....

Thank you. I’m in tears because my heart breaks for our guys, especially after seeing them hug and emotional themselves. Once they have a chance to reflect, I hope they realize how much they accomplished. This fanbase fell in love with them. They represent the University of Tennessee so well.

I did my best to get kicked out by 3B ump since I was close to him but he wouldn't do it. Called him out every inning and said he didn't deserve to wear 42. Didn't work.

Good season.

Go vols.

Hail state, now

It's hard to get tossed from the crowd LOL....

Only managed to get it done once, and that was a C league softball game.

Reactions: mrredskin
To be fair, these are all standard coach-speak answers. Sure, he personally probably hasn't had contact with LSU like the conspiracy theorists said, but I'm sure his agency has done so.

I think the emotion he has for the kids in this program is more telling. I don't think these are "one last ride tears" like some will say. It's just genuine sadness for the kids who didn't accomplish what they set out to do.

Reactions: WVU05UT09
Great season, it was fun as hell. Sucks we went 0-2 in Omaha, never in a million years thought that would be the case. So it sucks but it was nice to have that kind of confidence in a team again.

But the question has to be asked, when will UT win a Natty in one of the major 4 sports? It's been a long drought

Well said Cat. You've actually not been too negative, which is a breath of fresh air. You've been supplanted by another certain poster as the most downtrodden on Vol Nation. You're moving on up!
Wait a minute! Catboner is a real person? All this time I thought he was a bot.
GBO!!

To be fair, these are all standard coach-speak answers. Sure, he personally probably hasn't had contact with LSU like the conspiracy theorists said, but I'm sure his agency has done so.

I think the emotion he has for the kids in this program is more telling. I don't think these are "one last ride tears" like some will say. It's just genuine sadness for the kids who didn't accomplish what they set out to do.

If you don’t have em yer not knee deep in it IMO…but yeah, the “well duh” moments continue.

I won’t worry until the hire Walter’s St. Coach thread gets started.

Thank you. I’m in tears because my heart breaks for our guys, especially after seeing them hug and emotional themselves. Once they have a chance to reflect, I hope they realize how much they accomplished. This fanbase fell in love with them. They represent the University of Tennessee so well.
I wonder when they’ll make the trip back from Omaha? We should make the crowd at the supers look like a church picnic in welcoming these kids back home!
GBO!!

Reactions: SmokinBob
You notice he said "We'd" and "We're"

If he wasn't invested he'd have said "TN would like to get back here..." and "TN is consistently an Omaha program".

I think dude is in it for the haul.... Whether it's a long one or not I don't know but I don't think he's leaving now.

Coach speak. Every coach says something similar right before they bolt. Say goodbye now it will hurt less.

I wonder when they’ll make the trip back from Omaha? We should make the crowd at the supers look like a church picnic in welcoming these kids back home!
GBO!!

Just outta curiosity... When are they gettin' back?

I'd like to be there... I talked my roommate (back in the day) in to greeting the Lady Vols after a tourney run and we ALL had a good time

Great season, it was fun as hell. Sucks we went 0-2 in Omaha, never in a million years thought that would be the case. So it sucks but it was nice to have that kind of confidence in a team again.

But the question has to be asked, when will UT win a Natty in one of the major 4 sports? It's been a long drought
We are so far away from a title in each of the 4 (assuming you mean football, men's basketball, women's basketball, and baseball).

I guess it is easy to say we are closest in baseball, given we were one of the final 8 teams this year, but it is also really easy to be concerned that the baseball success could be fleeting (e.g., losing a ton of players next year, Vitello himself might leave, etc.).

We've had 15-20 years of misery across all sports, I think we're finally due for some good karma to swing our way. I don't think he's leaving. A major program like Tennessee can't be held down forever. Eventually, you're going to have a program strike gold from just pure dumb luck, and I think we've finally done that in baseball.

VN Store

Back