The Official Tennessee vs Texas College World Series Elimination Game Thread Tuesday 2PM Eastern

Lol, don’t think we really need one, preacher has like 5 guys in the Coastal, last I checked we got 2 in the cape and a bunch in Cali…
Mr. & Mrs. Preacherman are hosting three Vols plus their own son this summer for us, and we can't thank them enough. Four guys from one school are the most any one team is allowed to have on their roster, so I'm proud/happy to be maxed out on Tennessee guys and that we can be a part of their development. Rocky Top is also part of our postgame playlist at our stadium :D We also have former Vol Jacob Pennington (who attends Murray State now) on our roster.

Believe what you want to believe. As someone who played baseball for 28 years and coached high school and babe Ruth teams, I have seen and been a part of a lot of dumb stuff on the diamond, but I have never... EVER seen an umpire run in from 3rd base to eject a bench coach.

The play at the plate was clearly an out from the first live look. And it was egregious. That single play changed the complexion of the game. If the correct call is made there, Vols are only down 5-4 and have high spirits and some momentum after a fantastic play.

I'm not even going to go into the balls and strikes. Just a terrible officiating crew all around and it was clear they did not want us in Omaha.

Oh and by the way, the word is that that 3rd base umpire has some history with the UT coach that got thrown out. He's been holding some kind of grudge for several years.

The umpire was not in position to make the call at the plate. Another one was out of position by second base. How in the world with 4 umpires are the constantly out if position?

Replay needs to go away. If the good ole boy system is so bad that the right call can't be made the second time then just forget it don't waste our time.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack
Swain just tweeted that Tennessee is prepared to make Tony V. the highest paid college baseball coach in the country. *According to his "sources"

I like having discussions with ya man, don’t show up and rub salt in the wound, all I ask man, C’mon.
Was not my intent. Quite the contrary. Having been to Omaha several times, and also having IMO the two best VU teams in history get upset and not go—I understand that college baseball is not the same as football and basketball. The “best” teams very often don’t even make it to a Super.

That is why I genuinely like college baseball over all other college sports. You have to eventually not look at it as all or nothing, or you won’t enjoy the sport.

Lol or you just jumped on the bandwagon wayyyyyyyyy too late to see how special this team and season was. Go back to the football forum.

I am not on a bandwagon. I simply watched the games and it was clear they weren't ready.

0 runs scored first game with runners stranded multiple times. Just an obvious observation.

VN Store

Back