‘23 TN QB Chris Parson (FSU commit)

I knew Jalen Steele's family and he went to Holston Middle. He did really well there, and I know that Fulton, Carter, West and Austin-East all wanted him to come (probably other schools also). He ended up using his grandmother's address and led Fulton to two State championships in basketball.
In Blount County to attend a city school….. the player must pay tuition…… fake addresses are numerous among Alcoa and Maryville High School football players…. I’m not sure if the female basketball players used fake addresses so you may be correct.

That’s not accurate bc I know a few female basketball players that are not zoned for Bearden but transferred there for basketball…Recruiting happens all the time in Tennessee high school sports…. Typically it happens at the middle school level bc if you switch schools after you start high school then the athlete has to sit a year…… Knoxville Christian got busted for it not too long ago.

That's how powell football loaded up on some elite guys. The receiver they have now transferred right before his freshman year, so there's really nothing they can do about it.

Does Tennessee allow that? I was not aware. Sevier County will let you attend any school in the county as long as you reside in the county, but it has been that way for years. I think Knox County still has zones that dictate where you go to school.

For a few yrs now it has been open zone in TN. In Nashville and Murfreesboro that's why a handful of schools dominate.

Reactions: drvenner
Let me explain something here, there's no such thing as recruiting and it's illegal when the state allows open enrollment for kids to pick and choose where they want to go to school. So let's stop making an issue out of nothing just for small talk.
Let me explain something to you - the guy you were internet fighting with about him being charged for not showing up to a haircut appointment is an Acquaintance of someone I know well. He tells me the guy is a true Richard head and my friend agrees with you!

I had friends who did not play sports who were zoned for Holston but transferred to Fulton based upon classes that were offered at Fulton but not at Holston. That sort of thing goes on all the time, too. Recruiting is very prevalent in high school.

During their dominance, Fulton offered a class that nobody else in Knox County had. It was auto approved for the kid to special transfer to Fulton on the grounds that he wanted to take that class and his school didn't offer it. You best believe Fulton knew what they were doing and their coaches made sure the kid's paperwork was right when it was filed. Having Jody Wright as your AD is a big help too as that guy has a ton of pull.

I've known plenty of big time athletes that were approached in middle school by HS coaches and recruited to attend schools they weren't zoned for. It happens a ton. I actually know of a couple kids whose parents were offered jobs and/or housing for the kid to attend a certain HS.

It's not him the coach had the wrong kid but they did get a qb from Ravenwood who is likely going to start for them at Ensworth.

Apologies. I'm stull unclear.
So Parsons IS going to Ensworth or not?

The 247 database is being stupid right now I can't look up the other Ensworth QB, but he started for them as a freshman.

Let me explain something to you - the guy you were internet fighting with about him being charged for not showing up to a haircut appointment is an Acquaintance of someone I know well. He tells me the guy is a true Richard head and my friend agrees with you!

Richard head is a good one lmao. He's a clown and I had to set him straight.

Apologies. I'm stull unclear.
So Parsons IS going to Ensworth or not?

The 247 database is being stupid right now I can't look up the other Ensworth QB, but he started for them as a freshman.

Parsons is not but the kid that was supposed to be the starter before Parsons came to Ravenwood is going to Ensworth to be the starter

“About a kid.”

What I said had to do with actions of the schools. Not the kid. This isn’t hard. If the kid (or his family) didn’t respond to the schools, that’s a different matter. I have no idea how or if they did. But I have a hard time believing that schools didn’t reach out to him.

Your fixation on semantics aside, the point is that private schools recruit and public schools recruit but some folks only seem to care about private schools recruiting.

Reactions: VOLINVONORE
I’ve read that FSU may lead and he did well at the KY camp a week or so ago. What do you think of him as a high P5 level recruit? Does he work out with NPA kids? And, is TN pursuing him at all?

There aren't many colleges east of the Mississippi River that Chris Parson hasn't been to at some point during his hectic month of June, and the in-state quarterback's stop at Tennessee on Sunday might have been one of his favorites. The Class of 2023 signal-caller out of Ravenwood High School in Brentwood received an offer from the Vols earlier this month and made it a point to get to Knoxville before Monday's start of a four-week dead period. Parson made his first trip to Tennessee for

Sunday's cookout, but it was a film session with quarterbacks coach Joey Halzle that “definitely” has the Vols among his top schools.

Parson's family moved to Nashville when he was very young and he lived there until about the fifth grade, and he played the first two years of his high school career in Texas at Red Oak and Duncanville before his family moved back to the mid-state earlier this year.

After his return, Tennessee's coaching staff had wanted to get the 6-foot, 190-pound Parson, who's ranked the No. 150 overall player, the No. 11 quarterback and No. 3 prospect in Tennessee in the 247Sports Composite for the 2023 class, in for one of the Vols' camps this month, but his busy travel schedule kept it from happening.

However, the Vols went to watch him throw in what he called a “private session” during the Roar City Mega Camp in Nashville a couple of weeks ago. Tennessee offered the next day.
Parson ended the busy month on a high point with a visit to Tennessee that left him thoroughly impressed. It was his first-ever trip to Knoxville, and one of his first stops was to Neyland Stadium, which he said drew a “wow” from him. However, it was his conversations with Tennessee's new staff, particularly the film session with
Halzle that provided an in-depth look into the new offense Tennessee will run under Josh Heupel, that impressed Parson the most.

“Being with the QB coach, Coach Halzle, man, awesome,” he said. “ Him and I, we watched film and talked football for like, a little bit over an hour. That was my favorite part, getting to understand the philosophy. Coach Heup, they’ve been known to have a high-powered offense, putting points on the board, putting up numbers, so just to see what they’re all about and him explaining their philosophy to me and me getting to understanding and also realizing that what they do in this offense is something that I’ve done already in my career.

“The school I was at in Texas, we ran a similar offense and that was pretty cool. I had an understanding for some things and also learned some things today. I didn’t even camp today, and I still learned a lot, just being with the coaches. That was something that I really enjoyed and I’m going to take a lot of things back to Ravenwood and implement them into my game.”

The film session included tape of a current NFL quarterback Heupel and Halzle previously coached and showed Parson why he would be an ideal fit into what the Vols want to do.

“My arm talent, the way I throw the ball,” Parson said. “They take some shots here and there, and when they were able to come see me throw, they could really see my arm strength and the way I can drive the ball down the field, so they just showed me cut-ups from when they were at Missouri with Drew Lock, he’s in the NFL now with the Broncos. They just showed me what they were all about, and I could see myself playing in this offense, for sure, and yeah, it was great.”

Parson said he will “definitely be back, for sure” and could try to return to Tennessee as early as next month when the dead period is lifted, and he said he plans to come to one of Tennessee’s home games this season.

“They’re in the mix, for sure,” Parson said of the Vols. “They’re definitely going to be one of my top schools. Like I said, I loved it here, everything that they were about, the relationships that I built with the coaches. It was awesome.”
-Brown

Made himself into quite the prospect. Still 3rd want at QB in this class and that doesn’t include the fantasy of Arch Manning.

Reactions: Smokey19rt

VN Store

Back