‘22 FL C Ernest Udeh Jr.

From stockrisers.com:
"The Dr. Phillips big man and 6-foot-10 junior is one of the more underrated bigs in the entire class of 2022. He had an excellent showing this weekend in Dallas and was dominant for Southeast Elite. The development from when I watched him in 2020 till now has been drastic and his upside is through the roof. Udeh is a dynamic two-way prospect. Can be a physical and dominant paint beast on the offensive end and he reciprocates on the other end as he blocks a high number of shots. In addition, he is a really confident prospect and one of those guys who backs up his talk."

A 6-foot-9 athletic big man who does not mind fulfilling the requirements of the position, Udeh was motored up and active in the dunker spot, sprinting the floor, patrolling the offensive glass, and alert in checking ball screens and altering shots defensively. His size and length is off the charts. He also gets off the floor extremely well and has a great frame that still has room to fill out even though he already has the build of the prototypical athletic high major big man.

The likes of Arkansas, Auburn, Baylor, Clemson, Florida, Georgia, Houston, Iowa, LSU, Miami, Memphis, Ohio State, Ole Miss, Stanford (who offered recently), Tennessee, Texas Tech, Vanderbilt, and Washington State were all in on the action.

Since the end of May, Udeh has seen his recruitment pick up as Alabama, Creighton, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Kansas, Miami, Ole Miss, and Stanford have all thrown down offers while Texas A&M is the most recent program to show interest. However, Udeh says he hears from Georgia Tech, Miami, and Tennessee the most.

"Brian Lynch was the first coach to notice me and my potential. It was not even in a game where I was playing incredibly well. He just saw my effort, kept an eye on me, and has been with me the whole way. He has been showing love and staying in contact with me, so we will see what happens in the future."

Udeh is unsure of when he will cut his list or make a final decision. He also has no plans to take visits any time soon but will begin the process of planning things in the near future.

When discussing the factors that will lead to his final decision, Udeh says, "One thing I can say for sure is that location does not matter. I want to go to a place where I feel comfortable and where I can play for coaches who can develop me into what I want to be as a basketball player."

Udeh says he hears from Georgia Tech, Miami, and Tennessee the most.
Tennessee: "Brian Lynch was the first coach to notice me and my potential. It was not even in a game where I was playing incredibly well. He just saw my effort, kept an eye on me, and has been with me the whole way. He has been showing love and staying in contact with me, so we will see what happens in the future."

Udeh is unsure of when he will cut his list or make a final decision. He also has no plans to take visits any time soon but will begin the process of planning things in the near future.

When discussing the factors that will lead to his final decision, Udeh says, "One thing I can say for sure is that location does not matter. I want to go to a place where I feel comfortable and where I can play for coaches who can develop me into what I want to be as a basketball player."
-Jenkins

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Is he as good as this Ernest?

220px-Slam_Dunk_Ernest.jpg

From Arkansas 247 board. Seems like we are in the top group

“Udeh tells HawgSports that Georgia, Georgia Tech, Tennessee, Florida and Miami are among the other programs currently recruiting him the hardest. He has 20 reported offers on the table at the moment that also includes the likes of Alabama, Florida, Kansas, Illinois, Indiana, Miami, Ole Miss, Stanford, Texas Tech and other high-major programs. Tentatively, he'd like to make a list cut following the July live period but is leaving things open for now.”

With just one commitment for the 2022 recruiting class, the Bears are still in the market for a center to join the program. The Bears only have four offers out to centers, but the latest went out to 5-star pivot man Ernest Udeh Jr. Rated the 58th best player in the 247Sports rankings for the 2022 recruiting class, Udeh added the offer from Baylor on July 6th.

"First and foremost every offer I get holds a lot of meaning to me, and being offered by the defending National Champs is a huge blessing," Udeh said about his offer from Baylor. No up to 24 offers, Udeh also has options in Alabama, Arkansas, Creighton, Florida, Illinois, Kansas, Michigan, Stanford, Texas Tech, UCLA, and West Virginia among others. Baylor assistant coach Alvin Brooks III is his main contact with the Bears.

"Coach Alvin had reached out to me a while back and has been in constant communication with me. He FaceTimed me while he was with the entire staff, including the head coach. He then handed the phone to Head Coach Drew and he offered me."

"I haven’t really sat down yet to say which schools stand out, but multiple schools constantly show love," Udeh said of his recruitment. "I’d say Georgia Tech, Miami, Florida, Tennessee, Georgia, Kansas, Indiana, Ole Miss, and multiple others."

The Bears are new to the game, but have a lot going for them coming off of a national championship and their development of hardworking players and top post players.

"One of the things I can say for sure is the championship run. Going into that game, where I’m from, no one expected them to pull out and win. I have to say that’s the hardest I’ve seen a team (college) play in all the games I saw."

Udeh has no official visits or trips planned now, nor does he have a timeline on when he wants to make a decision or name top schools. It is still early for him, but he does have an idea of what he is looking for in a school.
"Honestly a place with a great culture, where I’m comfortable, development, and also a good system of playing. There’s a couple more but that’s just the top of my head."

Udeh is rated as the 58th best player in the 247Sports composite rankings, slotting in as the 10th best center and 13th best player in the state of Florida as a high 4-star player. The 247Sports team is quite a bit higher on Udeh putting him as a 5-star player. He is the 22nd best player in the country, 5th best center, and 5th best recruit in the state of Florida according to the 247Sports rankings.

Tim Watkins

Appreciate it…Tennessee remains a team he often names as recruiting him hard, will be interesting to see if we stay in the picture as he gets more and more serious.

Reactions: allvolrecruiting

"The UCLA offer, I mean, was a blessing," Udeh said. "It's great to be offered by such a big, prestigious school. I was really thankful for it."

The athletic post said, with so much new attention in the last two months, he really doesn't have a list of favorite schools, but is in the phase of collecting offers.

"It’s honestly way too early to say," Udeh said. "I really have no clue what schools I like right now. Deeper into the fall is when I’ll have a better sense of that particular topic."

"I’m looking for a place where I feel comfortable in their style of play and where development is very good. Those are just two of many."

"I really don’t have plans to visit any college at the moment. I still have yet to do heavy research because this is a very big decision in my life. I’ll be looking at all that stuff in the fall, but I do plan on using all my visits."

"The closest I’ve been is Las Vegas," Udeh said. "I’d be able to go across the country for sure…100%. Location isn’t that much of a factor for me and my family."

VN Store

Back