What did you have for dinner II?

Wish I could too! I stay firmly in the $9-10/bottle range. 🤪
wife has picked up about 10 bottles of mondavi cab sauvignon the past two days
it was running a little more than $5 a 1.5l bottle at wal-mart and she wonders if it is discontinuing the line
. she usually buys wine from publix and saidn the price has dropped there

Reactions: VolNExile
20 years ago, I accepted the $10 or less challenge with a group of friends. We shared a number of “finds” in the ensuing decade. The challenge petered out when favorites crept up above $10/bottle. Two of mine are now $11.99/bottle. I get a 10% discount buying a case at a time (mix & match 12 bottles), but that puts the average price just over a sawbuck. Oh, I still ferret out some good vintages under $10, but I’ll fork over the dough for the missus’s favorite Merlot and her old friend’s preferred Zinfandel. I’m still working and have a little flex in my budget.

A home-built pizza, using the Freschetta Brick-Oven Five Cheese Pizza recommended by @Tin Man as base.

Added thin-sliced red onion, sliced cremini mushrooms, chopped sun-dried tomatoes (dry-packed), sliced roasted red peppers (jarred), dried Italian seasoning, torn basil leaves, tomato passata, pepperoni, grilled Italian sausage, and shredded Italian “bag cheese” on top. It could have used one more minute, but we were hungry 😎:

1623365717904.jpeg

A home-built pizza, using the Freschetta Brick-Oven Five Cheese Pizza recommended by @Tin Man as base.

Added thin-sliced red onion, sliced cremini mushrooms, chopped sun-dried tomatoes (dry-packed), sliced roasted red peppers (jarred), dried Italian seasoning, torn basil leaves, tomato passata, pepperoni, grilled Italian sausage, and shredded Italian “bag cheese” on top. It could have used one more minute, but we were hungry 😎:

View attachment 373206
Well that looks yummy.

VN Store

Back