Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
what was wrong with that hunt? Rinella has two biologist brothers and is a conservationist and pro management himself.
Nothing wrong at all. There was the obvious thrill of the hunt, but the wash of emotions that came after the kill as well causing Alonzo to cry.

Huge Meateater fan here BTW. His brother lives about 70 miles from where I did in Montana, and their “secret spot” for turkey in Eastern Montana was our old hunting ground.

Exactly. It's a big start. Less meaningless bowl games as well. And as someone said, forces ND to ACC full time. Wish they would have guaranteed 1 spot for a G5 at least, but I imagine they will still have one should there be someone deserving. I'm a fan and don't understand all the backlash against it.
Main thing I don't like is the 4 team byes. Just helping the top teams push their disparity edge even more for the time being.

Go 8 or 16 and don't give the top teams more of an edge. The is the one sport we do NOT NEED IT.

If you take joy in killing a warm blooded creature I you are not the kind of person I want in my life. I eat meat, but I take zero joy in the fact an animal had to die for me to do so.
Isn’t that a little bit hypocritical….. you hate that someone may take joy in killing them but you take joy in eating them.

For the joy? How human of you. No they kill instinctively for food, but because they are well fed, don't eat the kill. If you find joy in killing anything, I have some questions.

Animals like house cats kill even though they are well fed. Why would they kill if not for sport and why do something for sport unless it was enjoyable. I am not advocating killing strictly for sport and I am certainly not advocating hunts of animals like elephants. Elephants are such intelligent and nurturing creatures that I don't know how anyone could kill one at all, let alone for sport. However, to deny that certain animals don't kill for sport is shortsighted.

If you take joy in killing a warm blooded creature I you are not the kind of person I want in my life. I eat meat, but I take zero joy in the fact an animal had to die for me to do so.
The joy isn’t from causing death. Thinking that way is very narrow minded.

The joy comes from all the work and effort involved in really putting together a successful hunt. Sometimes it is anticlimactic which also leads to people turning to taxidermy, it’s a way to honor and respect the life you took.

To me someone going to a grocery store, buying and eating a chicken that was penned up in its own feces for several months is ALOT worse than killing a free ranging animal that lived 110% wide damn open and free for all its days of life.

I’d rather be the wild deer that had a great life until it was out smarted and killed than the cow that was penned up until it had a bolt go through its head one random day.

The joy isn’t from causing death. Thinking that way is very narrow minded.

The joy comes from all the work and effort involved in really putting together a successful hunt. Sometimes it is anticlimactic which also leads to people turning to taxidermy, it’s a way to honor and respect the life you took.

To me someone going to a grocery store, buying and eating a chicken that was penned up in its own feces for several months is ALOT worse than killing a free ranging animal that lived 110% wide damn open and free for all its days of life.

I’d rather be the wild deer that had a great life until it was out smarted and killed than the cow that was penned up until it had a bolt go through its head one random day.
One can be against both.

Nothing wrong at all. There was the obvious thrill of the hunt, but the wash of emotions that came after the kill as well causing Alonzo to cry.

Huge Meateater fan here BTW. His brother lives about 70 miles from where I did in Montana, and their “secret spot” for turkey in Eastern Montana was our old hunting ground.
everyone talks about how beautiful Wyoming, Colorado, New Mexico, Utah are...

None of them hold a candle to MT. Without a doubt some of the best times of my life were at Rocking R Bar. July 4th in Bozeman is a blast. Beautiful place.

A big game hunt there would be bucket.

I've told my wife for years that the reason the cats don't eat us is size, and remind her of that when they are licking her that they aren't grooming her, they are tasting her.
I use to have a cat…… it attitude and scared my wife to death….it’s name was Xena the warrior kitty lol

Reactions: SSVol
Animals like house cats kill even though they are well fed. Why would they kill if not for sport and why do something for sport unless it was enjoyable. I am not advocating killing strictly for sport and I am certainly not advocating hunts of animals like elephants. Elephants are such intelligent and nurturing creatures that I don't know how anyone could kill one at all, let alone for sport. However, to deny that certain animals don't kill for sport is shortsighted.

I still think we are putting human motives and emotions into something that is instinct. Playing is hunter training.

Reactions: Rishvol and Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back