Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve never understood idiots thinking it’s okay to “stomp” on someone’s head lol. Doesn’t take a lot to fracture a skull when it is pressed against something hard…. Think watermelon against concrete….
I was always able to control myself even when in a fight but I have been around some that when it reaches that point that they lose all self control.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I'm not advocating government intervention. I'm just explaining why some things are good examples of free enterprise, and others aren't.

Although I'll pretty sure that if scalpers were snatching all of a critical simply, like water or gasoline, and refusing to sell it to you at reasonable prices, you'd change your tune pretty quickly. Such monopolies have happened, and governments have been needed to break them up.
I wish a lot of these dumbasses would have to go live in the 1800s or even farther back in feudal times when robber barons and the aristocratic nobility totally f'd the poor over.

I feel like this LSU series is the biggest thing to happen to UT athletics in 3+ years

1. 2017-2018 basketball season (when it started to turn around)
2. We finally beat Florida in 2016
3. This series

The only 3 "big" things I can think of. Luckily, two of those will hopefully, not much hope for football right now.

Reactions: Brillovol
I'm sorry, but people that can hurt helpless animals should be caned in the public square. Just have no use for people like that. If you don't want the animals, there are plenty of organizations that will find them homes. Just an epic POS move right there. God bless you @SSVol .

I'm with you. The way we deal with the helpless reveals our true nature. I have little patience for those who abuse kittens or puppies. You don't like cats? Fine. Take them to a no kill shelter. We have several.

Final note in the story, went back out to the road this morning (it's about a mile from my house) and the last one was back on the roadside. Wet, angry, hungry, and covered in dirt and leaves. Took us about 30 minutes and a plate of tasty food to get hold of it, but we did...so 4 of 4 are safe in my garage. We're gonna try to socialize them and get them homes. If we can't get them homes in a couple of weeks, we'll take them to a no-kill shelter.

I understand why people are upset about the ticket situation, but my god I was looking forward to listening to some good baseball talk/series preview on the radio this week and it’s just full of people complaining non stop about this.. again I get it, but it’s taking away from the game itself and the guys on the team... just my 2 cents

not sure if I believe that.

I know in Yellowstone Rangers make a pretty strict habit of no interference. Unless an animal is hit by a car or something.
A big part of a park rangers job is wildlife management. In some places like yellowstone, that means no interference. In other places, especially where there are wild pigs involved, it means keeping a population down to keep everything in balance. It's not the same everywhere.

In Arkansas, there is basically an unlimited kills, no permit needed philosophy on wild pigs. They can take over an ecosystem pretty quickly, and they are pretty vicious.

A big part of a park rangers job is wildlife management. In some places like yellowstone, that means no interference. In other places, especially where there are wild pigs involved, it means keeping a population down to keep everything in balance. It's not the same everywhere.

In Arkansas, there is basically an unlimited kills, no permit needed philosophy on wild pigs. They can take over an ecosystem pretty quickly, and they are pretty vicious.
Yeah a wild boar put one of my friends in the hospital for a couple days

I'm with you. The way we deal with the helpless reveals our true nature. I have little patience for those who abuse kittens or puppies. You don't like cats? Fine. Take them to a no kill shelter. We have several.

Final note in the story, went back out to the road this morning (it's about a mile from my house) and the last one was back on the roadside. Wet, angry, hungry, and covered in dirt and leaves. Took us about 30 minutes and a plate of tasty food to get hold of it, but we did...so 4 of 4 are safe in my garage. We're gonna try to socialize them and get them homes. If we can't get them homes in a couple of weeks, we'll take them to a no-kill shelter.

You are a fine human being for doing that. There are many that would have just driven on by, not wanting to be bothered. Good luck finding them homes!

Yeah a wild boar put one of my friends in the hospital for a couple days

Gnmo.gif

yeah ive seen the Texas Wildlife show where hunting camps/ranchers trap and shoot in an unlimited capacity. I'm all about selective hunting, for sustenance. I'm sure the meat goes to a good causes. It just evokes pictures in my mind of Buffalo and Wolves strung up by hundreds, granted that was before management.

Sucks that man has to play part of predator because all natural predators are gone...like red wolves. But it is what it is.

yeah ive seen the Texas Wildlife show where hunting camps/ranchers trap and shoot in an unlimited capacity. I'm all about selective hunting, for sustenance. I'm sure the meat goes to a good causes. It just evokes pictures in my mind of Buffalo and Wolves strung up by hundreds, granted that was before management.

Sucks that man has to play part of predator because all natural predators are gone...like red wolves. But it is what it is.

Speaking of hunting (and yes I know these are different) some friends and I were talking and I looked up hunting in Africa, and I didn’t know you only get one shot lol. Imagine spending 10K to go hunt a lion and you miss your only shot or you graze it. I’d be sick af.

Reactions: Rishvol and jave36
My question is... How sustainable is this baseball teams success? Obviously we are going to make it to the super regionals every year, but can we expect to make the tournament again next year or is it too early to tell? I know we have a lot of seniors on the team so I suspect we will take a step back next year right?

My question is... How sustainable is this baseball teams success? Obviously we are going to make it to the super regionals every year, but can we expect to make the tournament again next year or is it too early to tell? I know we have a lot of seniors on the team so I suspect we will take a step back next year right?
incoming class is #6 in the country. So who knows

Speaking of hunting (and yes I know these are different) some friends and I were talking and I looked up hunting in Africa, and I didn’t know you only get one shot lol. Imagine spending 10K to go hunt a lion and you miss your only shot or you graze it. I’d be sick af.
That is exactly the type of hunting that should be outlawed. That isnt hunting, its literally sick and grotesque. It gives real hunters a bad name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back