Coach K

Why do I get the impression that Coach K likes the idea of announcing this before the season so he can receive all the adulation (and the calls) everywhere Duke plays? The North Carolina coach sure didn’t do this.
Man have a heart. K deserves it if he wants it.

Reactions: vettefool
I doubt that an extra game versus a 16 seed would have been a problem for Alcindor or Walton.

The 32 team field required 5 wins, not 4.
You are correct on both. My bad on the number of games. Adding 32 teams back then would have been an extremely weak field for the first rounds.

Too much pressure for freshman
Not if the NCAA has something to say about it. We already know they are corrupt and they are all about storylines. It will not surprise me one bit to see them gift it to him and let him ride off into the sunset.

Very nice man believe it or not! I was at myy he part time job one day, working security and I was detailed to facilitating his day and I told him Coach I am here to stream line your day “but I would regret not getting my picture with you”. So Coach K said then how about if I get my picture with you, made my day!

Attachments

• 5482056F-EF71-417B-983C-04D6FAD8377D.jpeg
    5482056F-EF71-417B-983C-04D6FAD8377D.jpeg
    927.2 KB · Views: 28
Yep. He is an attention hound. His excuse for Duke's awful performance last year (Covid, as if nobody else had that issue----) Soured him with me. And There was the Issue with extra benefits ($$$) to a certain player; that got nothing more than a wink. Turns out Coach K is a Hypocrite.

Coach K is a fantastic coach but man, his attitude has really gone downhill the past few years.

Reactions: Lampvol74
He wants out before the NCAA comes knocking since it's the "popular thing" now to rat out the cheating we all know has gone of for decades.

Reactions: walkenvol
Why do I get the impression that Coach K likes the idea of announcing this before the season so he can receive all the adulation (and the calls) everywhere Duke plays? The North Carolina coach sure didn’t do this.
I doubt it's for that reason

Class act and GREAT f'ing coach.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lurker
There’s absolutely no other reason for him to have made this announcement to the media except he wants the farewell tour. He could have told his AD and kept it quiet

He could want to do it at the beginning of the recruiting cycle rather than leaving his commits high and dry, which he said himself. Not saying it’s necessarily that, but there are definitely more reasons than just a farewell tour

Reactions: youcancallmeAl

VN Store

Back