Mashack excelling in CIF-SS playoffs

kamoshika

After recording 17 points, 13 rebounds, 11 assists, 4 blocks and 4 steals in last Friday's playoff win, Mashack had another strong performance yesterday in a close win over St. John Bosco.

...Jahmai Mashack added eight points and 15 rebounds...Mashack also played a key role on Lewis, who scored 11 points in the first quarter, but when Mashack started defending him in the second quarter he had only four more points the rest of the way. “No. 15 (Mashack) is really tough on defense and we felt we had an advantage on whoever he wasn’t covering,” Dunn said. “We saw 10 (Lewis) and 22 (Washington) as their guys and Jahmai did a great job,” Kleckner said.
Etiwanda boys basketball survives battle with St. John Bosco, setting up showdown with Sierra Canyon – Daily Bulletin

Last edited:
Great athlete. He’s pretty raw right? He will have plenty of time to develop with the talent we have entering

After recording 17 points, 13 rebounds, 11 assists, 4 blocks and 4 steals in last Friday's playoff win, Mashack had another strong performance yesterday in a close win over St. John Bosco.

Wyatt led fourth-seeded Etiwanda with 15 points, while Jahmai Mashack added eight points and 15 rebounds and Jimmy Baker also scored eight points. Mashack also played a key role on Lewis, who scored 11 points in the first quarter, but when Mashack started defending him in the second quarter he had only four more points the rest of the way. “No. 15 (Mashack) is really tough on defense and we felt we had an advantage on whoever he wasn’t covering,” Dunn said. “We saw 10 (Lewis) and 22 (Washington) as their guys and Jahmai did a great job,” Kleckner said.
Etiwanda boys basketball survives battle with St. John Bosco, setting up showdown with Sierra Canyon – Daily Bulletin

Love that line about his defense. I think I’m really gonna like this kid.

Great athlete. He’s pretty raw right? He will have plenty of time to develop with the talent we have entering
Not really. There’s a skills video of him. I think a big part of how he shot up rankings is how he really has worked on his individual skills, ball handling, moves, etc.

Not really. There’s a skills video of him. I think a big part of how he shot up rankings is how he really has worked on his individual skills, ball handling, moves, etc.
He’s still pretty raw in those areas from a college standpoint...I would expect him to look and have a similar impact to freshman Josh Richardson. He played 16mpg as a freshman, only gave 3ppg and his shooting percentages were pretty rough, but his defense and energy got him PT. I think Mashack may be able to do a little more in the lane early on than Richardson, but I think their stat lines as freshman will be similar, probably a few fewer mpg for Mashack.

He’s still pretty raw in those areas from a college standpoint...I would expect him to look and have a similar impact to freshman Josh Richardson. He played 16mpg as a freshman, only gave 3ppg and his shooting percentages were pretty rough, but his defense and energy got him PT. I think Mashack may be able to do a little more in the lane early on than Richardson, but I think their stat lines as freshman will be similar, probably a few fewer mpg for Mashack.
Considering how much more loaded this roster is than that one, that’s a good sign. Obviously, JR had a much higher ceiling than anyone imagined.

Reactions: AngryButchJones
Speaking of JRich, what the hell is going on with him in Dallas? He got benched as a starter the last month of the season and only played 5 minutes, last night

Speaking of JRich, what the hell is going on with him in Dallas? He got benched as a starter the last month of the season and only played 5 minutes, last night
Seems like a bad fit with most everything going through Luka. He is not a catch and shoot guy. Hope they trade him to a better fit.

Reactions: The Dog

VN Store

Back