CFN UT Preview

RTE

This has probably already been discussed, but College Football News seems to have a bit more faith in the Vols than many in the "woe is us," club. Predicting 7 wins for the 2021 season is a nice vote of confidence, and most fans would likely be giddy after last year's 3 wins!

Here's hoping we are worthy of the respect we've been given, and go out and get it!

All of these assessments are honestly premature until after the portal deadline July 1. One of the many ways it's charging the game. I'm not going to bother with buying one of the print magazines this year.

I could see it.....looking at the schedule I see 7-5 to 5-7 depending on how some of the “push” type games do.
Then again who knows if we have a new staff/system lag....if so we could be worse
no lag and we might be better

I could see it.....looking at the schedule I see 7-5 to 5-7 depending on how some of the “push” type games do.
Then again who knows if we have a new staff/system lag....if so we could be worse
no lag and we might be better
The key games are Pitt, UK and Mizzou IMO. Right now I’d say that Ole Miss is a better football team than us, but that could change. I do see us being for sure better than Vandy and USCjr. This feels very similar to the 2019 schedule .

The key games are Pitt, UK and Mizzou IMO. Right now I’d say that Ole Miss is a better football team than us, but that could change. I do see us being for sure better than Vandy and USCjr. This feels very similar to the 2019 schedule .

Tennessee can absolute the OM game if they play football and not get caught up in the wash. If they over play trying to make plays or catch up itll get ugly quick against Kiffins offense.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Theyve got the pieces its just a matter of coaching and getting them in the proper position to win. Breaking old habits is not an easy task.
If our guys can gain some confidence and actually have fun playing football we’re gonna be a pain in the ass for a lot of teams to play. Like you said, there are pieces in certain places that can allow us to have some success. I feel like this staff will be very capable of playing to our strengths instead of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

It will be refreshing if guys hit the field with energy, line up right, and aren't looking to the sidelines after every play utterly confused. It will be a huge win if this staff can teach these guys the system which should give them the confidence to play hard.

Reactions: HalfullVol
If our guys can gain some confidence and actually have fun playing football we’re gonna be a pain in the ass for a lot of teams to play. Like you said, there are pieces in certain places that can allow us to have some success. I feel like this staff will be very capable of playing to our strengths instead of trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

Thats a very good way to put how Tennessee played last season.
Im hoping the coaches simplify some things for this team and turn up the offense.
I think Bailey is fully capable of running the offense and leading this team to success now that there isnt the fear of being pulled after 1 play.
Garner should get more out of the front 4 but I also realize thats not saying much given the production last season.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
The only assessments that count are the final numbers on the score boards. Lets hope our numbers are on the "Greater Than" side.

This is the reason you do not negotiate with the NCAA. Especially giving up a bowl game. If this team wins 7 and plays well in a bowl game then we have great traction toward recruiting and on our way back. But limiting this season's potential will probably severely handicap our new coaching staff and we will be looking around again in 3-4 years.

UT needs not agree to anything with the NCAA. It has worked well for LSU and others. Willing to give up any sanctions shows they wasted a ton of money in hiring the law firm to assist in the investigation.

i said from day one i see 6 wins, i can be talked into 7, but not the 71/2 vegas was giving them. i also would be happy with 7.... i might even be Hyphed.

VN Store

Back