'21 JUCO CB Roterius Torrence (Auburn transfer)

Yes, I would be shocked if the majority of high school recruits are scouring the internet message boards seeking our approval. Social media is another thing, but I doubt most (not all) kids are looking at Vol Nation.
The average age on this forum is probably like 40.

Kids don't use message boards lol. Most kids could not define what a message board is.

Reactions: Rylee_Vol18
If you were mad about his commitment based on his offer history and ratings I am still waiting for your posts of joy and jubilation that he flipped to Auburn.

Kids don't use message boards lol. Most kids could not define what a message board is.
26 over here... but yeah most kids don't know how to do anything scroll through Tik Tok all day

That’s not entirely accurate..... I don’t think they use message boards but I bet a good portion of them google search their name and read about themselves...... my daughter did while being recruited for basketball and she is not a high profile recruit....

That’s not entirely accurate..... I don’t think they use message boards but I bet a good portion of them google search their name and read about themselves...... my daughter did while being recruited for basketball and she is not a high profile recruit....
Agree and if the recruit really doesn't google and read about himself on the internet(which I find highly unlikely) then his parents most certainly will. There have been several parents or relatives who have interacted over the years in their son's/relative's thread on this very message board.

Reactions: OldVolMan and T Dog
Agree and if the recruit really doesn't google and read about himself on the internet(which I find highly unlikely) then his parents most certainly will. There have been several parents or relatives who have interacted over the years in their son's/relative's thread on this very message board.
This is definitely true

Nothing’s 100%, but the process of joining this board filters out a large number of would be curious imo.

Reactions: OldVolMan

They just use different formats. And free. Reddit is their message board. Quora is their professional message board.

but I don’t think you have to join the board to read the posts. I doubt they join the board but pretty sure they read boards.
They definitely do. Had a buddy who was recruited to ULM and I gave him a shoutout on here and he hit me up about it. I definitely think it’s very common. Not all recruits, but I would lean towards most, know what is being said about them online.

Reactions: OldVolMan
They definitely do. Had a buddy who was recruited to ULM and I gave him a shoutout on here and he hit me up about it. I definitely think it’s very common. Not all recruits, but I would lean towards most, know what is being said about them online.
Yeah, even if the recruut is not browsing our site seems like someone else they know might very well be, and alert them to something being said about them.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Yep..... I would definitely be reading about myself if I was as coveted as this guys are.

tumblr_mr5mvqPzWl1rrx588o1_400.gifv

I’m so confused as to what my reaction is supposed to be. Am I supposed to say UT didn’t want him anyway and he was way down the board even though we just offered and he just committed and then very quickly switched to Auburn? Or am I supposed to want to set a couch on fire because he flipped even though most posters on here didn’t like the offer to begin with?

I’m so confused as to what my reaction is supposed to be. Am I supposed to say UT didn’t want him anyway and he was way down the board even though we just offered and he just committed and then very quickly switched to Auburn? Or am I supposed to want to set a couch on fire because he flipped even though most posters on here didn’t like the offer to begin with?
Burn a mattress. You can never go wrong that way.

VN Store

Back