'22 TN CB Kody Jones (Michigan commit)

FOUR-STAR ATH KODY JONES

Tennessee has been more seriously involved with the Michigan commitment from Germantown (Tenn.) High School over the past several weeks. The 5-foot-11.5, 180-pound Jones, who announced his commitment to the Wolverines, recently has been hearing from the Vols on a daily basis, and sources close to his recruitment said there's a good chance he will make a trip to Tennessee at some point. He might even return to Knoxville as early as next month, and he hasn't ruled out taking an official visit to Tennessee. Jones also plans to make his first visit to Michigan in June, with his official visit to Ann Arbor, Mich., currently being scheduled for the weekend of June 11. That trip could give the Wolverines — who recently lost Jones' primary recruiter when former defensive backs coach Maurice Linguist left to become the head coach at Buffalo — a chance to solidify his commitment a bit more. But the door appears to be at least slightly open for now, with Tennessee likely being Michigan's main competition for him.
-Callahan

The four-star Class of 2022 athlete from Germantown (Tenn.) High School said he has heard plenty from Tennessee over the past several weeks, and he expects the Vols to host him on an official visit at some point. With the ongoing dead period for recruiting set to end Monday, he said it’s possible that he could make a trip to Knoxville as early as next month.

“I’ll probably be at Tennessee,” said Jones, who’s ranked the No. 319 overall prospect and No. 18 athlete in the 2022 class and the No. 11 junior from the state of Tennessee, according to the industry-generated 247Sports Composite. “I plan on taking an official visit (there) in the fall.”

The 5-foot-11.5, 175-pound Jones said his communication with Tennessee picked up several weeks ago. He said he’s now talking with the Vols on a “daily” basis, led by running backs coach Jerry Mack, defensive backs coach Willie Martinez, defensive coordinator Tim Banks and head coach Josh Heupel.

“I hear from them a lot,” Jones said. “They haven’t always been on me this hard. They’ve been applying a lot of pressure probably, like, the last month and a half.”

Jones finally will get to take his first look at Michigan next month. He said the Wolverines are scheduled to host him on an official visit the weekend of June 18. His other possible visit plans are uncertain for now, but he said he “most likely will” take official visits to other schools, including Tennessee.

If he follows through on visiting other schools, he said he’s “not sure” how much he will consider his other options. But he said “the commitment’s still solid.”

The Vols’ former staff gave Jones his first scholarship offer in October 2019, and he visited Tennessee's campus twice in 2019. He most recently attended the Vols’ home game against Chattanooga in September 2019, less than a month before Tennessee extended an offer to him.

He’s now interested in visiting the Vols again for at least a couple of reasons.

“It’s the home-state school, and the staff seems to love me,” said Jones, who now holds offers from at least 30 schools.
Tennessee’s new staff has made a good impression on him, too, since Heupel was hired in late January to replace former coach Jeremy Pruitt.

“They’re together as a family and they just started, and they’re clearly changing the program, and they’ve got team bonding activities they do all the time,” Jones said. “With that type of stuff — being close as a team on game day and believing in each other, the team chemistry — you’ll play harder for your brother.”

He said the Vols mostly are recruiting him to play “cornerback and safety,” although Mack also has mentioned the possibility of using him on offense.

“I still hear some offense,” Jones said. “Tennessee, the running back coach wants me to play offense. Defensive coaches want me to play defense. That’s really how most of the schools are. Coach Mack wants me to play offense. But the defense is going to pursue defense, and offense is going to pursue offense.”
-Callahan

Even with some inconsistencies at camps sounds like Tennessee is in communications with Jones recently. I’m calling a flip in the near future. Our DB board is in a reboot and think this guy is someone they take a chance on for the potential development and friendship with Nolan.

Reactions: Cosmo Kramer
Camps. Smh.

Camps matter for guys like Reddick because we can say his ranking doesn’t matter because he’s been killing it at camps.

But camps don’t matter when a guy struggles because we can say omg wtf care about underwear olympics look at his film.

See how it works?

Camps matter for guys like Reddick because we can say his ranking doesn’t matter because he’s been killing it at camps.

But camps don’t matter when a guy struggles because we can say omg wtf care about underwear olympics look at his film.

See how it works?
Oh I see. Doesn't mean it isn't a pile of crap.

Even with some inconsistencies at camps sounds like Tennessee is in communications with Jones recently. I’m calling a flip in the near future. Our DB board is in a reboot and think this guy is someone they take a chance on for the potential development and friendship with Nolan.
Stealing him from Michigan helps us in many ways including his relationship with nolan

See how it works?
It’s no different than being down on a recruit due to his ranking/offers…… then he gets a bump and maybe a new offer……the same people that criticized the recruit will be freaking out that we are going to lose him.

VN Store

Back