The Official #4 Tennessee vs Alabama (SEC Tourney Game Thread) 2PM

The only thing that made the day bearable was when the team jogged down the RF line in the 7th or 8th inning and Chad stopped and talked to my son about his glasses. Living in AL, roughly 20 miles from Hazel Green, and having got the opportunity to meet Jordan after the season was cancelled and he was back home, JB has been his favorite player, until the AL series when he saw that Chad wore glasses. Since then it’s been all about him. To see a player take the time in the middle of an intense SEC tournament game to stop and talk to a 4 yr old and hear his old man tell him all about how he became his favorite player and how JB has been replaced (lol) is one of the reasons I love this team and the culture that CTV is building. Chad told him he’d come find him after the game and he did. I’m going to miss his skill-set next year but his character just as much.
F Yea! That is awesome! If I weren’t so damn manly, I might have shed a tear. I love it.

Man I tell ya what, these guys have battled and done things that either haven’t been done in a long time or just flat out have never been done, tomorrow has potential for the latter!!!

This Is Tennessee Baseball!!!

View attachment 370400
I remember when we wore those jerseys. I bought a shirt that was similar, im glad we dont wear those jerseys anymore and i have no clue where that shirt is now.

As if being an umpire actually means they know what they’re doing. Two years ago I watched Jeff Head behind home plate in Hoover have to go to the replay monitor because he couldn’t keep track of balls and strikes. We walked on 4 balls, whoever was batting, took off to first and he called him back and said it was 3. Every fan in the stadium knew the count. He turned and looked at the press box to the official scorer, had a huddle with the 3 others and still ended up on the phone with B’ham. It was damn near a 10 minute delay to figure it out for a total of like 6 pitches thrown during the at bat. The SEC continues to trot these pathetic excuses for officials out there, protects them on replays confirming their incompetence and concealing the egg on the leagues face and then fines a coach for calling them out for sucking.
That goes for ALL sports in the SEC. Basketball has some of the worst, most biased officials I have ever seen

You answered your own question in the middle of the first paragraph. The second baseman in the shortstop will always tag the bag and move across away before they throw or step on it and step back before they throw. That means that the runner has to purposely slide outside of going straight at the bag to be able to make contact with the fielder.
That is how the rule is interpret it. If the fielder stands on top of the base you’re free to slide right into me.
That was a textbook slide by Max Ferguson. No if’s, ands or buts. The Vols were screwed by the Birmingham Mafia once again.

VN Store

Back