Would 6-6 be an improvement?

BlinghamptonVol

I’m not sure it would be.

I know that 6 wins is more than 3 wins, but let’s dive into this more.

If last year’s team had played their original schedule, they would have been 6-6. So with that, 6 wins this season with 4 MAJOR cupcakes doesn’t seem like an improvement.

Let’s look at the changes from last year to this year and see where the advantage goes:
  1. Despite posters saying that HT and EG suck, we lost a lot of talent from last year’s roster. Advantage 2020.
  2. But, this year’s team had a full Spring and should have a full Fall camp before the season begins. Huge Advantage 2021.
  3. More than likely we will have a DLine coach for the whole season. And his name is Rodney Gardener. Advantage 2021.
  4. We will have a different qb than JG and Chaney was not the Chaney of years ago. Heupel has a much better scheme. Advantage 2021.
  5. This year’s D is a step down from last year’s D, and they kinda sucked. Advantage 2020.
So, overall I have 2021 with a 3-2 advantage over 2020. I think JG and Pruitt could go 6-6 with this team and schedule. I think Heupel could win 7 or 8 if he is gonna be the man to lead us out of this valley. 6-6 means we’re roughly at the same spot that we’ve been the last few coaches. 4 or 5 wins means we’ve regressed.

The good news is I think Heupel gets us to 7 or 8 wins this season, and could possibly luck into 9. I think Uf or Uga could be a magical upset too.

Had last year's team played Mizzou or USCe during the middle of the season (as it was during the original schedule), those games would have been Ls. The Troy game might have been one too.

Last year's team rolled over and quit on Pruitt after halftime of the 3rd game

If last year’s team had played their original schedule, they would have been 6-6. So with that, 6 wins this season with 4 MAJOR cupcakes doesn’t seem like an improvement.

Let’s look at the changes from last year to this year and see where the advantage goes:
  1. Despite posters saying that HT and EG suck, we lost a lot of talent from last year’s roster. Advantage 2020.
  2. But, this year’s team had a full Spring and should have a full Fall camp before the season begins. Huge Advantage 2021.
  3. More than likely we will have a DLine coach for the whole season. And his name is Rodney Gardener. Advantage 2021.
  4. We will have a different qb than JG and Chaney was not the Chaney of years ago. Heupel has a much better scheme. Advantage 2021.
  5. This year’s D is a step down from last year’s D, and they kinda sucked. Advantage 2020.
So, overall I have 2021 with a 3-2 advantage over 2020. I think JG and Pruitt could go 6-6 with this team and schedule. I think Heupel could win 7 or 8 if he is gonna be the man to lead us out of this valley. 6-6 means we’re roughly at the same spot that we’ve been the last few coaches. 4 or 5 wins means we’ve regressed.

The good news is I think Heupel gets us to 7 or 8 wins this season, and could possibly luck into 9. I think Uf or Uga could be a magical upset too.

SMH.... fans really set themselves up for disappointment

’m not sure it would be.

2020 had Jeremy Pruitt, Nieds, JG and Shelton Felton. 2021 wins by default

Not sure i care too much about the record at this point. Improvement is scoring and competing with Florida, Georgia, and Alabama. Even its on one side of the ball. That's improvement. If you're competing then the record will take care of itself.

It's a group of guys who either have never played or never played well.

And considering that some of those guys are people who are upperclassmen and didn't make a significant contribution on a team that needed all the help they could get......6-6 and a bowl game would be a very good year.

let’s see, 8 home games, 4 cupcakes....yeah, 6 wins is a must

It's a group of guys who either have never played or never played well.

And considering that some of those guys are people who are upperclassmen and didn't make a significant contribution on a team that needed all the help they could get......6-6 and a bowl game would be a very good year.
There will not be a bowl game this year because of the NCAA problems

Yes it would.

If Vandy had fielded any team they’ve had in the last 10 years they’d waxed Pruitts team in 2020. Vandy fielded an intramural team basically. if Tennessee had played Mizzou two weeks later or anytime after, they’d beat Pruitt also. The team basically quit playing for Pruitt.

Winning 6 would be about the same but the team would appear to have some interest if so. They had basically none the last 8 games in 20.

You're overthinking it.

I don't think 6-6 would be an improvement:

We should beat Bowling Green, Tennessee Tech, S. Alabama and Vandy with relative ease.

We are better than SCAR and Pitt which are home games. We have more talent than Kentucky (yes we do) and Mizzou but they are road games. I expect to beat Kentucky. Mizzou and Ole Miss are toss ups.

Winning only 6 games means that we probably lose 3 or more to Kentucky, Mizzou, Ole Miss, SCAR and Pitt.

VN Store

Back