The Official #4 Tennessee vs #1 Arkansas Weekend Game Thread (Game 1 Friday @ 6:30 PM) (Game 2 Saturday @ 12 PM) (Game 3 Sunday @ 1 PM)

How fast was that 3 run walkoff bottom 9th? Usually a lot of long at bats and slow developing situations, that was just bang bang bang.

Reactions: txbo
Was watching last night when Max came up early in the game with UT up 5-0, runners first and second and one (I think) out, facing a tough leftie. He tried to bunt once and strike one. I thought, "Huh, why is he bunting here? There's a runner on second already. Try to get him home!!" Then I thought, "well, maybe he's trying to get a bunt single?" I expected him to hit away next pitch, but he tried to bunt again. Strike two. I thought, "Well, he isn't trying to get a single, because he lost element of surprise. So he is bunting to sacrifice!!" I'm sure the coach told him to bunt. Now at 0-2 count, he whiffed on high heat out of the zone. I was shocked at the whole thing. There was no reason to give that out in that situation. We were up five and we should have been trying to pour it on a pitcher and a team who were reeling. We lost momentum after that AB. Thank the Good Lord they didn't ask him to bunt today!!!!

Reactions: txbo
A lotttta frequent posters said it was over. Should we start a “thread of shame” and make the offenders type “we are not bad” 100 times?!

Was watching last night when Max came up early in the game with UT up 5-0, runners first and second and one (I think) out, facing a tough leftie. He tried to bunt once and strike one. I thought, "Huh, why is he bunting here? There's a runner on second already. Try to get him home!!" Then I thought, "well, maybe he's trying to get a bunt single?" I expected him to hit away next pitch, but he tried to bunt again. Strike two. I thought, "Well, he isn't trying to get a single, because he lost element of surprise. So he is bunting to sacrifice!!" I'm sure the coach told him to bunt. Now at 0-2 count, he whiffed on high heat out of the zone. I was shocked at the whole thing. There was no reason to give that out in that situation. We were up five and we should have been trying to pour it on a pitcher and a team who were reeling. We lost momentum after that AB. Thank the Good Lord they didn't ask him to bunt today!!!!

You are probably correct, but Arkansas immediately responded with 2 runs in the top of the second after we scored 5. The lefty lefty matchup might have been a concern. So, I’m sure we were trying to manufacture a run or two after Arkansas responded.

VN Store

Back