Henry T's Cousin Fires Back

I never saw any credible evidence that there was any threat of any kind.

Instead of bashing supporters of the team publicly on social media, you should have directed your comment to the person or people who made the threat and not the fan base.

Without the fan base there wouldn't be any money to justify even one game being played. It's obvious someone didn't like comments being made about the lack of loyalty. Instead of accepting accountability and owning up to it like an adult, they looked for a scapegoat as an excuse and just failed with their diversion attempt. You can fool inexperienced and naive people with those tactics but most adults have enough life experience with human nature to see right through it. I couldn't care less.

I wish success for all parties involved except for whoever made threats if there were any ever made. I'll give the benefit of the doubt that someone didn't just make it up.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
He said “was” happening, I assume he meant under Pruitt’s regime.

Unfortunately, Henry T’s cousin is absolutely right. Our fan base should have never been attacking JG, wasn’t helping. I can’t imagine the logic behind “You know what will fix this problem with JG’s struggles? A good ole death threat”
Lol..... sounds like something from Squidbillies or The Boondocks

Unfortunately, Henry T’s cousin is absolutely right. Our fan base should have never been attacking JG, that wasn’t helping. I can’t imagine the logic behind “You know what will fix this problem with JG’s struggles? A good ole death threat”
I agree No one should send death threats. First I heard of this happening if true. But every fan has a right to criticize a player if he is playing poorly or behaving the same.

Reactions: BigOrangeCrush32
Cuz, I am a Tennessee fan and never spent much time criticizing JG. I certainly never threatened him and do not know any Tennessee fan who did that. If that did happen, I assure you that the perpetrators are not supported by our fan base. We take a very dim view of such extreme, ugly behavior. As for Henry T., I thank him for matriculating at UT and for all of the effort he contributed to our football program. I would not say that he is a bad guy for transferring to bammer, because I'm sure that he will be a good student athlete wherever he goes. But his transfer there is disappointing. Tennessee and Alabama have a long history, with strongly mixed feelings. You should not think badly of us for not liking a thing like that happening.

Reactions: OneVolNation
I agree No one should send death threats. First I heard of this happening if true. But every fan has a right to criticize a player if he is playing poorly or behaving the same.
Hammer down... Makes them better, right?

Yeah him calling Henry T “family” as he commits to Bama is not a good look. Ever. Maybe @1vol8 could let Brian know that.
I won’t be doing that. I think the opposite of those in their “feels” about it. He supports his teammates. Past, present and future and that’s the definition of what a “teammate” is supposed to be. I think it’s absolutely ridiculous of those who don’t get that because we all know if Henry T had decided to go elsewhere (not a rival) then most would SUPPORT the fact that he SUPPORTED him. I think the faster the fans get it through their heads that these players are bonded unlike anything WE understand and not as embedded into the rivalry as a seasoned fan, the better off they’ll be. Do I think he should’ve “publicly” supported him? No. Because of snowflakes that only understand where THEY stand on the subject.

I won’t be doing that. I think the opposite of those in their “feels” about it. He supports his teammates. Past, present and future and that’s the definition of what a “teammate” is supposed to be. I think it’s absolutely ridiculous of those who don’t get that because we all know if Henry T had decided to go elsewhere (not a rival) then most would SUPPORT the fact that he SUPPORTED him. I think the faster the fans get it through their heads that these players are bonded unlike anything WE understand and not as embedded into the rivalry as a seasoned fan, the better off they’ll be. Do I think he should’ve “publicly” supported him? No. Because of snowflakes that only understand where THEY stand on the subject.
That’s fair. I understand that they share a bond and are friends . That’s fine. The guy you call “family” just left your current family for greener pastures. Greener in so many ways when it comes to Henry T I guess. Those greener pastures that happen to be your biggest rival. That to me is a slap in the face for everything you work for and have worked for. I guess snowflakes like me just don’t understand.

That’s fair. I understand that they share a bond and are friends . That’s fine. The guy you call “family” just left your current family for greener pastures. Greener in so many ways when it comes to Henry T I guess. Those greener pastures that happen to be your biggest rival. That to me is a slap in the face for everything you work for and have worked for. I guess snowflakes like me just don’t understand.
That’s the point. Why would I tell him not to support an ex teammate that moved on for his own reasons? It’s not like he went public supporting Bama. He went public supporting his ex teammate and friend. I didn’t see this kind of backlash when he supported JG or Shrout. So is the problem him, Henry T or the team he went to? The truth is it’s the team Henry chose. Not that Maurer supported him. And THAT is a snowflake point of view because anyone who criticizes Maurer for support is PURPOSELY missing the point. No need to wonder why he doesn’t give a damn about what the fans think

That’s the point. Why would I tell him not to support an ex teammate that moved on for his own reasons? It’s not like he went public supporting Bama. He went public supporting his ex teammate and friend. I didn’t see this kind of backlash when he supported JG or Shrout. So is the problem him, Henry T or the team he went to? The truth is it’s the team Henry chose. Not that Maurer supported him. And THAT is a snowflake point of view because anyone who criticizes Maurer for support is PURPOSELY missing the point. No need to wonder why he doesn’t give a damn about what the fans think

D: All of the above.

Of course it has something to do with the team Henry T chose. It’s a giant slap in the face to anyone ever associated with Tennessee football. There are certain things you just don’t do and transferring to Alabama with no interference or time off is one of them, especially when you are one of the best players on the team. I don’t understand why this is so hard to comprehend. You’re a coach right ? You’re cool with a player just leaving to go to your biggest rival and you’re ok with your players supporting him to do so in a public forum? Yeah if Henry went to Ohio State nobody would care, but Bama or Florida when there are no circumstances that would bring him there other than just wanting rings? Hell no. That’s turning your back on your teammates and friends. That’s the way I see it and the way a lot of people see it too.

D: All of the above.

Of course it has something to do with the team Henry T chose. It’s a giant slap in the face to anyone ever associated with Tennessee football. There are certain things you just don’t do and transferring to Alabama with no interference or time off is one of them, especially when you are one of the best players on the team. I don’t understand why this is so hard to comprehend. You’re a coach right ? You’re cool with a player just leaving to go to your biggest rival and you’re ok with your players supporting him to do so in a public forum? Yeah if Henry went to Ohio State nobody would care, but Bama or Florida when there are no circumstances that would bring him there other than just wanting rings? Hell no. That’s turning your back on your teammates and friends. That’s the way I see it and the way a lot of people see it too.
Henry is a good kid. He had his reasons for leaving and his cousin just gave you one of them. UT probably has the most powerful fan base in all of sports (unless you can name another franchise that the fan base single handedly stopped a coaching hire) and within this very thread it’s CLEAR that the players are paying attention to what the fan base thinks of them. You think Henry didn’t see all the “bye bye” and “he wasn’t that good anyway” comments while making his decision to stay or leave? Come on man. He absolutely did and I’d bet my bottom dollar those comments assisted him. In fact maybe even fueled him to play against us. Brian retweeted his cousins remark as both support of Henry T AND the fact he himself has received the same type of comments. But we don’t see that. Most of us “assume” that most “fans” are just like us and because “we” would never say something like that to a player, they don’t either. I think it’s about time to wake up. All it takes is ONE person to take something out of context and the next follows suit. This entire thread is proof of such. From a snowflakes point of view, Brian retweeting support of Henry T is supporting Bama. From a conservative point of view, it’s exactly what it was. It sucks that he chose Bama but he did what was best for him and all Brian did was EXACTLY what he did for JG and Shrout. He supported their decisions AS A TEAMMATE. If you want me to get on board of a world where it’s become unacceptable to support your friends and teammates based on the team they chose? Then the coach in me says screw that! As long as they’re enemies one Saturday a year, that’s all you should EVER expect.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
He was loyal to a coach not the university..some of our fan act like Jim Carrey in cable guy when a recruit doesn't committ or a player transfers...

He was loyal to a coach not the university..some of our fan act like Jim Carrey in cable guy when a recruit doesn't committ or a player transfers...
Most players commit to the coach and not the university. That’s why coaches are judged by recruiting. It absolutely FLOORS me that this fan base is SO damn quick to turn on the players that have proven to be different.

Reactions: whodeycin85

Unfortunately, Henry T’s cousin is absolutely right. Our fan base should have never been attacking JG, that wasn’t helping. I can’t imagine the logic behind “You know what will fix this problem with JG’s struggles? A good ole death threat”
I can't imagine the logic of running from or fighting the cops either, but what are ya gonna do?

VN Store

Back