Commodity shortages

For starters, end the extended unemployment. Using lumber as an example, this will put people back to work in the sawmills and alleviate the bottle necks for delivery.
All signed into law under Trump. Biden has merely continued it.

All this stuff that is happening now would be happening regardless of who is President. This seems like such an obvious point with a massive $30 trillion dollar diversified economy, but perhaps not.

No. You think Carter deserves credit because he appointed him, and I disagree.

The question was do you think Volcker gets all of the credit for the economy turning around?

You can say Carter doesn't get credit for appointing him, but 95% of the people on this board would be singing Reagan's praises if he were the one who appointed him.

The economy tanked under Trump because of fear mongering and, again, paying people not to work.

This "pandemic" was never as bad as people let on. And the effects will take years to come back from if ever. So, a huge ****ing then you to all the idiots that made this possible.

The trends were changing before the pandemic. Almost all the GDP growth in 2018-19 was fake government spending increases. It was a fake economy. He helped to **** it up and then covered it up with deficit spending.

The economy tanked under Trump because of fear mongering and, again, paying people not to work.

This "pandemic" was never as bad as people let on. And the effects will take years to come back from if ever. So, a huge ****ing then you to all the idiots that made this possible.
Was still his show as the post I quoted stated. He cowered to Fauci and then signed anything put on his desk. He made bad trade decisions which hurt

Reactions: LouderVol
You could have been sleeping the past 3 years and still know that Trump increased tariffs on steel and lumber and those are two commodities specifically mentioned in OP. I'm sure that's not the entirety of his contribution to this issue.

I was not sleeping. But I am also not ignoring the fact that the prices on steel and lumber were under control before the pandemic.

The question was do you think Volcker gets all of the credit for the economy turning around?

You can say Carter doesn't get credit for appointing him, but 95% of the people on this board would be singing Reagan's praises if he were the one who appointed him.
Yep. Not only for raising rates, but keeping them high when people were literally rioting in the streets over it and blaming him for the high unemployment it caused. He had massive cojones.

I can't speak for 95% of this board, but I wouldn't give Reagan credit if he had appoint him. And Reagan did re-appoint him.

We were at sonic today and their digital screen says “you may not be able to order some items because of a nation wide supply issue” .

Yep. Not only for raising rates, but keeping them high when people were literally rioting in the streets over it and blaming him for the high unemployment it caused. He had massive cojones.

I can't speak for 95% of this board, but I wouldn't give Reagan credit if he had appoint him. And Reagan did re-appoint him.

Ridiculous to give all the credit to any one person in any instance.

No credit to Milton Friedman who informed Volcker and had been preaching this gospel for decades?

All signed into law under Trump. Biden has merely continued it.

All this stuff that is happening now would be happening regardless of who is President. This seems like such an obvious point with a massive $30 trillion dollar diversified economy, but perhaps not.

There we go. Vaccines freely available, cases, hospitals, etc. under control yet Biden still wears a mask on Zoom calls and does not want to open up the country. Trump tried his best to keep the country open in spite of Covidians.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Was still his show as the post I quoted stated. He cowered to Fauci and then signed anything put on his desk. He made bad trade decisions which hurt

And we're still listening to that moron.

And what trade decisions were made that screwed this up for lumber trade or chicken wings?

And now it is Biden's show correct? Do you see any policies being put forward by this admin that will help? Does he not deserve some blame?

Milton wasn't the man making the decisions.

Like the decision to hire Volcker? LOL

This is such a bad take. Think about how absolute you are being. Nobody else gets any credit for any of the many aspects of the economy? Not even a little bit. I don't think we're going anywhere from here.

And now it is Biden's show correct? Do you see any policies being put forward by this admin that will help? Does he not deserve so.e blame?
Sure but he does not deserve all the blame as is so often claimed. Biden is horrible but let's not act like Trump would have really solved anything. It was a South Park election

So that means it can't be a contributing factor? Non-sequitur

"A" occurs and the price/supply is stable for years. "B" occurs and price/supply are hurt. Illogical that you want to blame both A and B. Regardless, Biden has the power to minimize the impact of B at this point (and A if he feels it is a problem) and is choosing not to do anything.

And we're still listening to that moron.

And what trade decisions were made that screwed this up for lumber trade or chicken wings?
That moron is Trump's fault. Entirely

Tariffs and not working hard/smart enough to prevent a shutdown. I haven't looked at the reasons for chicken but lumber was because mills were forced to cut production

Like the decision to hire Volcker? LOL

This is such a bad take. Think about how absolute you are being. Nobody else gets any credit for any of the many aspects of the economy? Not even a little bit. I don't think we're going anywhere from here.
Do you really think Jimmy Carter, or Reagan, knew a damn thing about central banking?

Like I said earlier, an appointment like that is not akin to a head coach appointing an offensive or defensive coordinator.

VN Store

Back