2022 Recruits

St. Louis American's “Fab Five” girls basketball team

"Saniah Tyler (Incarnate Word): The 2021 St. Louis American Player of the Year, Tyler is the consummate point guard who takes care of the most important aspect of the game; which is winning. She was the floor leader and catalyst of the Red Knights’ 29-0 season and run to the Class 6 state championship. The talented 5’6” junior usually came up with her biggest performances in the biggest games and in the biggest moments. She averaged 12.7 points, 3.7 rebounds, 5.3 assists and 2.2 steals while shooting 36 percent from 3-point range. She already has several offers from top Division I college programs around the country."

Why are we having so much trouble getting a high level PG? We are in the best conference. We have some good pieces and facilities. I understand we made coaching changes with an eye toward better recruiting. But it is still odd.

I guess no one told them Kellie won three championships. As a player...

Why are we having so much trouble getting a high level PG? We are in the best conference. We have some good pieces and facilities. I understand we made coaching changes with an eye toward better recruiting. But it is still odd.

Not just PG...Tennessee isn't getting the elite players. Right now, Dawn and SC are the place to be for the top players who are coming to the SEC...and she's rewarding their choice with results. Until Tennessee gets back to contender status, I think they will struggle to land the best players. I don't think there's anything odd about that, because generally speaking, the blue chip players want to play for winning programs or winning coaches. Kim and LSU will be an attractive option for players who want to play for one of the best coaches in the country. Between her and Dawn, they will have a stranglehold on talent. Kellie will need to find a way to break up this duopoly.

Not just PG...Tennessee isn't getting the elite players. Right now, Dawn and SC are the place to be for the top players who are coming to the SEC...and she's rewarding their choice with results. Until Tennessee gets back to contender status, I think they will struggle to land the best players. I don't think there's anything odd about that, because generally speaking, the blue chip players want to play for winning programs or winning coaches. Kim and LSU will be an attractive option for players who want to play for one of the best coaches in the country. Between her and Dawn, they will have a stranglehold on talent. Kellie will need to find a way to break up this duopoly.[

She is an elite point guard playing in a city where the competition is very competitive, We don't have her yet but would be elated if she decided to be a Lady Vol. Certainly not going to pass judgement until the class is completed and we see who is in it. Still a long way to go for the 2022 and other than SC our roster looks fine for next season.

Last edited:
She is an elite point guard playing in a city where the competition is very competitive, We don't have her yet but would be elated if she decided to be a Lady Vol. Certainly not going to pass judgement until the class is completed and we see who is in it. Still a long way to go for the 2022 and other than SC our roster looks fine for next season.

Maybe so but timing of the offer and the competition says she is down the board which is where we were last year. It would be the best position with which to have a break through.

Partially because the trail of wasted careers and unfulfilled potential of highly recruited players finally caught up with us. It's amazing to me that the program kept reeling them in right up through Jordan Horston with so many cautionary tales already out there.

That's why player development, most especially that of Horston, is so crucial in the upcoming season.

Maybe so but timing of the offer and the competition says she is down the board which is where we were last year. It would be the best position with which to have a break through.
I don't worry to much about down the board if they look good on film and their stats are efficient. Were getting into an era when there will be several outstanding players down the board of recruiting services. I can think she is down because she only averaged 13.7 ppg recruiting services tend to ignore low scorers even if they may be shooting a very high percentage from both the two or three. She was offered by Williams and I trust what I see and her judgement.

update on Taniya Latson: she posted this trading card that the Lady Vol graphic team made for her on her Instagram and captioned it #notcommitted
looks like we are still in the picture
View attachment 367493
This player is down the board ranked number 39 anyone on this site not wanting a commit from her? She is probably a top ten player from what I've seen of her and I've watched a lot. One wonders why she is ranked 39 when she is usually in almost every game the leading scorer on her high school team which includes Raven Johnson.

This player is down the board ranked number 39 anyone on this site not wanting a commit from her? She is probably a top ten player from what I've seen of her and I've watched a lot. One wonders why she is ranked 39 when she is usually in almost every game the leading scorer on her high school team which includes Raven Johnson.
she is severely under ranked like you said GA is a very competitive state for girls basketball and she is a 3x Champion and is often the leading scorer on the team with the #2 player in the Nation..she is top 15 at least

I don't worry to much about down the board if they look good on film and their stats are efficient. Were getting into an era when there will be several outstanding players down the board of recruiting services. I can think she is down because she only averaged 13.7 ppg recruiting services tend to ignore low scorers even if they may be shooting a very high percentage from both the two or three. She was offered by Williams and I trust what I see and her judgement.

Never saw her play but i trust you. I also see we Just offered 6-0 PG Talaysia Cooper i had a chance to see her play in SC . She can ball with the best of them. And what i don`t get is why all the late offers to the elite players ? I don`t and i`m pretty sure no one on this board knows why so many late offers.The old staff could have made offers to some of the players that we are offering now.

Never saw her play but i trust you. I also see we Just offered 6-0 PG Talaysia Cooper i had a chance to see her play in SC . She can ball with the best of them. And what i don`t get is why all the late offers to the elite players ? I don`t and i`m pretty sure no one on this board knows why so many late offers.The old staff could have made offers to some of the players now that we are offering.
You could probably say it was because the former Assistants were not getting around like they needed to because of covid or just not doing what they needed to do. I expect Williams will offer and try to recruit everyone left on the board and give it her best shot in getting a couple to Tennessee.

Never saw her play but i trust you. I also see we Just offered 6-0 PG Talaysia Cooper i had a chance to see her play in SC . She can ball with the best of them. And what i don`t get is why all the late offers to the elite players ? I don`t and i`m pretty sure no one on this board knows why so many late offers.The old staff could have made offers to some of the players that we are offering now.
Maybe that's why the old staff is no longer here.

VN Store

Back