What we face annually

Is Saban a good coach? Of course he is, but your a fool if you don’t think he has had a considerable amount of help along the way to win 6 national titles there as in paying players and bagmen at every corner. Let’s just say all the infractions and so called rules and cheating that Saban and Bama have done in the last ten plus years make what Carrol and USC did look like tiddlywinks and Ole Miss too. It’s really ruined college football.

Oh wow a Bama fan doesn’t believe that I’m shocked. You probaly don’t think that Bear or Gene Stalllings and Dubose cheated either do you ?

Of course they did. I have no problem with that, because I don't live in the kind of fantasy world where Tennessee fired Pruitt because of "integrity."

So, the problem isn't that Alabama pays players. The problem is that Tennessee is cheap.

I think what he is saying is Tennessee isn’t given the same carte blanche look away that Bama gets from the office in Birmingham. I don’t know if that’s true.

But let me ask you this, if Bama and UT were cheating equally across the board, which program would get punished worse should it come out?

Of course they did. I have no problem with that, because I don't live in the kind of fantasy world where Tennessee fired Pruitt because of "integrity."

I don’t disagree. But I also believe there is an element of Pruitt bringing the Bama model here and was shocked that UT wasn’t willing to take it that far or do it as blatantly.

Pruitt didn’t just stop being a good coach overnight, a big part was he was not able to get the the same payroll that Bama plays by.

I think what he is saying is Tennessee isn’t given the same carte blanche look away that Bama gets from the office in Birmingham. I don’t know if that’s true.

But let me ask you this, if Bama and UT were cheating equally across the board, which program would get punished worse should it come out?

Neither. The NCAA is out of the enforcement game. It's been almost a decade since significant sanctions were doled out, and they wound up walking back most of Penn State's penalties. USC is the last program to get hit with anything significant.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I don’t disagree. But I also believe there is an element of Pruitt bringing the Bama model here and was shocked that UT wasn’t willing to take it that far or do it as blatantly.

UT was more than willing to do it until Pruitt went 3-7.

Neither. The NCAA is out of the enforcement game. It's been almost a decade since significant sanctions were doled out, and they wound up walking back most of Penn State's penalties. USC is the last program to get hit with anything significant.

Lol - we’ll see what they hand down to UT.

Recruiting rankings say otherwise.

How so? Pruitt pulled in good classes and won a few battles over other SEC schools. The fact that To'o To'o originally signed with UT over Bama would suggest that Saban wasn't paying significantly more than Pruitt. All things being equal, who in their right mind would choose Jeremy Pruitt over Nick Saban?

How so? Pruitt pulled in good classes and won a few battles over other SEC schools. The fact that To'o To'o originally signed with UT over Bama would suggest that Saban wasn't paying significantly more than Pruitt. All things being equal, who in their right mind would choose Jeremy Pruitt over Nick Saban?

The anecdote. Lol - and where did he end up?

Look at the recruiter rankings. All these coaches can recruit lights out, 5-stars at Bama then suddenly turn pedestrian when they leave. What, it’s just that Bama is that great? Lance Thompson, Sal Sunseri, etc killed it at Bama, then came to UT and couldn’t come close to replicating it. Kiffin has even gone on record to say there is nothing Bama has, from a resource standpoint, that UT doesn’t.

What do you mean? Look at my post. Those are the two right off the bat I can come up with. Give me time later to peruse Rivals and I can give other examples.

We all cheat, got it. But to think Bama doesn’t take it to another level is naive.

What do you mean? Look at my post. Those are the two right off the bat I can come up with. Give me time later to peruse Rivals and I can give other examples.

We all cheat, got it. But to think Bama doesn’t take it to another level is naive.

Sorry, my bad. Completely misread the first part of your post.

To your point, what about the coaches in the Saban tree that have done just fine? That some dudes aren't very good when given promotions doesn't mean that they suck entirely. Some guys are positions coaches for life. Some are coordinators. Some make for decent mid-major HCs.

Sorry, my bad. Completely misread the first part of your post.

To your point, what about the coaches in the Saban tree that have done just fine? That some dudes aren't very good when given promotions doesn't mean that they suck entirely. Some guys are positions coaches for life. Some are coordinators. Some make for decent mid-major HCs.

I’m talking about the recruits they can bring in. Most when the leave Bama for similar jobs are all of sudden not as good, and pedestrian coaches at other places are all of a sudden recruiting gods.

I’m talking about the recruits they can bring in. Most when the leave Bama for similar jobs are all of sudden not as good, and pedestrian coaches at other places are all of a sudden recruiting gods.

That might have something to do with no longer working for the greatest coach in the history of the sport.

Or maybe every other program is just cheap.

VN Store

Back