Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Maybe this hire was the best Baylor could do, especially if they weren't going to pay elite money this time. Who wants to go rebuild a shocked, decemated program under strict Baptist oversight while living in Waco, TX? Once Kim robbed the kitty on the way out, there's not alot to look forward to.

Baylor sure seems like one of those programs where the success was mostly about the coach and barely about the school. It's going to be interesting to see if Kim can rekindle the magic one more time at LSU. IMO that's a gamble, especially for older coaches who lack an up and comers motivation.. Rick Barnes has done it pretty well though, especially in recruiting.

Any word on Jordan Lewis? That is such a strange situation. Did she know when she committed? Has she announced for anywhere else since Kim up and left her?

Next season coaches are going to have a bigger challenge around managing chemistry. So much has changed. So much talent is pooled at the top and there are only so many minutes and so many balls to go around. Will Kim be good at handling the newly blended team? No doubt some coaches will pay a price for greedily overstocking the cupboard. At least KJH doesn't have to worry about that

Last edited:
I know for sure that Dawn never promises playing time to recruits. The current players have embraced the team concept and never concern themselves with where the points come from. Hopefully the recruits will also be team first players but what a task it will be to spread minutes among so many good athletes. Shouldn't be any chemistry busting prima donnas in this group as Dawn learned her lesson with y'all know who.

I live in South Carolina. In fact my ancestors were granted 700 acres from the Queen in southern Spartanburg and Northern Union counties. My given name is famous in the history of the state. My entire family is GC4L. My son-in-law won't allow pumpkins during Halloween because of the color. Relatives of mine were conspicuous coaches for the SCAR football team. So I do kind of get the state. I post on many boards under many names. My choosing this name was given great thought and many of the serious posters on this site understand and accept a UConn women's basketball fan's appropriation of their beloved hue as a statement of honor to what they hold dear.

In short I understand the State of South Carolina and the mindset of its fans.
Wow 700 acres! Must be nice. My family is still waiting on our 40 acres and a mule.

I know for sure that Dawn never promises playing time to recruits. The current players have embraced the team concept and never concern themselves with where the points come from. Hopefully the recruits will also be team first players but what a task it will be to spread minutes among so many good athletes. Shouldn't be any chemistry busting prima donnas in this group as Dawn learned her lesson with y'all know who.
Who?

Reactions: Mr. Doo Wop
Kelsey Bone?

For all those thinking Kim’s best player is following her... Guess not

View attachment 366036
Smith, Queen, and Andrews are all staying unless something changes. The only one I could see leaving that is still on the roster is Moon (and only because she is from there). Collen will have a good roster to start but will prove she isn't Nikki once Smith and Queen leaves imo.

if so,,,BIG mistake

Case in point Mercedes Russell, now and then
Yes I never thought we were that in shape. I will be watching Kellie's guy to see what result we get from some players that really need to get more physically fit and stronger. Last year didn't count because of covid this year we should see some really defining results.

Wow! That is some bag of perks. It seems a little cheesy to ask for a 1k car allowance when you are making 2.5m a year. But.......heh.
I really feel like all major college coaching salaries are out of whack.
I said the same thing about the car allowance! Every single cent she could get. Do they have to sort the M & Ms for Her Majesty as well? Gotta hand it to ole Kim though, and has any other woman ever gotten such a deal? Does Geno even have such nifty perks? Bet his next contract will.

On the other hand, it sure puts a ton of expectations on Mulkey in a hurry. Especially since they had the audacity to send the bill so openly and directly to ticket buyers. Be interesting to see how she does.

I'm also interested to see how Kim meshes with Pointer, who spent her career playing for Auntie. Next season is going to be interesting in so many ways.

I said the same thing about the car allowance! Every single cent she could get. Do they have to sort the M & Ms for Her Majesty as well? Gotta hand it to ole Kim though, and has any other woman ever gotten such a deal? Does Geno even have such nifty perks? Bet his next contract will.

On the other hand, it sure puts a ton of expectations on Mulkey in a hurry. Especially since they had the audacity to send the bill so openly and directly to ticket buyers. Be interesting to see how she does.

I'm also interested to see how Kim meshes with Pointer, who spent her career playing for Auntie. Next season is going to be interesting in so many ways.

To answer your question Pat got that type of deal first before ANY WBB coach. while it wasn’t the amount her deal made Kim’s deal possible. If Pat was alive and coaching i truly believe she would be 3 mil+ a year with the options for incentives but Pat also would not bleed every penny out of UT because she cared about the school lol

Yeah not sure what the package at Baylor was like but she certainly didn’t take a pledge of poverty to coach at home sweet home.

Why is everyone so up in arms about Kim getting her bag?

She earned it and she and her agent negotiated it. Not a darn thing wrong with getting exactly what you feel like you deserve. Why else would she leave Baylor? They sweetened the pot enough it was worth her time and effort.

VN Store

Back