Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone comparing eras in the NBA (I.e. the Bad Boys) keep in mind that Bill Laimbeer, Rodman, Rick Mahorn, etc. wouldn’t have lasted for a cup of coffee in a game today because they’d foul out in approximately 67 seconds the way they played.

Even Pippen would have trouble with Lebron if for no other reason than he couldn’t physically hold/grab him.

Lebron is amazing and I don’t get the hate at all, but MJ is the GOAT.

For anyone comparing eras in the NBA (I.e. the Bad Boys) keep in mind that Bill Laimbeer, Rodman, Rick Mahorn, etc. wouldn’t have lasted for a cup of coffee in a game today because they’d foul out in approximately 67 seconds the way they played.

Even Pippen would have trouble with Lebron if for no other reason than he couldn’t physically hold/grab him.

Lebron is amazing and I don’t get the hate at all, but MJ is the GOAT.

No doubt, MJ is the GOAT, but LBJ is significantly better than what people give him credit for. He was shaped by the era of basketball he has played in. The game is vastly different than the 80s/90s, which is very different from the 60s/70s.

Greats, KAJ, MJ, and LBJ, would adjust to the different styles of the times... that is why they are greats.

It's not even close. The statistics matter alot but the heart and clutch factor you can see in somebody. Best three I have seen are MJ , Bird, and Magic. At the end of a game they just had it

I never saw that heart in Lebron, just a crybaby puss vibe. Not someone I'd follow like the other 3

This "no heart/ killer instict" argument your generation has is completely dumbfounded. There's literally 0 basis for this made up trait. Lebron's almost 40 and still dominates because of how much work he's put into his body/ game over time. Sounds like "heart" to me. Lebron has more buzzer-beater shots than Magic and Bird (1 less than Kobe, 2 less than MJ). Sounds like a "killer instinct" to me.

I mean if I'm building a NBA team from the ground up I'd draft Lebron ahead of Jordan. But it's no different than the early discussion about Brady/Manning. There is natural god given talent and size but also results. When we talk about a player's legacy it's hard to really put anyone in front of MJ because of what he did in the time he played.

But from a pure talent/size it's hard to put anyone ahead of Lebron. I mean Wilt is my first pick, but Lebron or Magic would be right up there in the discussion. You just don't get that sort of size and speed very often.

If Lebron played in that era, I would imagine he would have a different mindset. Ya'll act like LB is excusively the only player in the league that flops/ cries for calls, everybody does it. Even Jordan was known for crying to refs. He was 6'8/ 270 and ran a 4.4 with a 40 inch vert. Nobody in the league was stopping that.
You can't really say 'flops/cries' as they are far different things. Yeah Jordan would get pissed at the refs, but search the youtube all you want and you'll only find a a few flops that are pretty questionable imo. The refs have always sucked. Getting pissed at them is understandable. The flopping is just bush league. Modern NBA is closer to soccer.

LJ is a fine player, but while I see it as an almost certainty that if you input Jordan into modern NBA he could drop 50 whenever he wanted (due to the more spread, finesse, and touch foul nature of the modern game), I can't say the same for LJ inputted into the 90s era. I think he would've been much more like a Magic. 20pts and 10-12 assist guy. He would've had to develop more skill and not just rely on his athleticism.

Reactions: SugarCC
I mean if I'm building a NBA team from the ground up I'd draft Lebron ahead of Jordan. But it's no different than the early discussion about Brady/Manning. There is natural god given talent and size but also results. When we talk about a player's legacy it's hard to really put anyone in front of MJ because of what he did in the time he played.

But from a pure talent/size it's hard to put anyone ahead of Lebron. I mean Wilt is my first pick, but Lebron or Magic would be right up there in the discussion. You just don't get that sort of size and speed very often.
Then it sounds like we're arguing two separate points. Jordan has the best legacy similarly to how Brady does, but I'm taking multiple guys over Brady.

He was a freak athlete for sure. I don’t think he would dunk from the free throw line though. He would miss on purpose and cross the line as soon as he shot it and then get his rebound and dunk is what I read. That’s why they changed the rule that the shooter couldn’t cross.
That sounds more reasonable. I also read it was him that caused the lane to be widened to current standards. Also read they outlawed the over the backboard inbounds pass because of him.. Crazy stuff.. 🤣🤣🤣

You can't really say 'flops/cries' as they are far different things. Yeah Jordan would get pissed at the refs, but search the youtube all you want and you'll only find a a few flops that are pretty questionable imo. The refs have always sucked. Getting pissed at them is understandable. The flopping is just bush league. Modern NBA is closer to soccer.

LJ is a fine player, but while I see it as an almost certainty that if you input Jordan into modern NBA he could drop 50 whenever he wanted (due to the more spread, finesse, and touch foul nature of the modern game), I can't say the same for LJ inputted into the 90s era. I think he would've been much more like a Magic. 20pts and 10-12 assist guy. He would've had to develop more skill and not just rely on his athleticism.

Lebron's shooting 36% from deep at 6 attempts lol.

Also:

Reactions: VolByLaw
Then it sounds like we're arguing two separate points. Jordan has the best legacy similarly to how Brady does, but I'm taking multiple guys over Brady.

Yeah. To me any "best ever" debate is always about results. I try to keep things objective and the only way to do that is based on stats throughout a career.

Brady may not be in my top 5 QBs if I'm drafting them. Marino, Elway, Peyton, Montana, Rodgers probably others I'm forgetting would be drafted before him. But no one else has accomplished more than Tom has in his career. Same thing with MJ he had to earn his respect he wasn't a specimen or freak athlete like Wilt or Lebron or Magic.

This is the best boom I've seen in a while.
Thank you , we felt that way at home. She has been scared for the last 4 weeks, she has heard losing a breast if not both, chemo or radiation or both treatments. She has had a tough 4 weeks but she also had a lot of prayers and God took care of her. The genetic test turned out to be big. Now she wants me to go get a genetic test. This was all God here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back