'20 TN DE Jay Hardy (Auburn commit)

I wasn’t very active in the RF back then, but I think it had more to do with how he handled himself during his recruitment, rather than just choosing Auburn over us.

Mays said “f*** Tennessee” on social media after he decommitted.

Wasn’t right but we took him back with open arms.

No reason we can’t do the same thing with Hardy.

I wasn’t suggesting that we shouldn’t . I was just recalling how he apparently misled a lot of people .

Fan completely forgets the myriad of worse recruiting violations the staff was engaged in.

The cognitive dissonance of our fanbase is sometimes so bad it’s almost palpable. Sure, Hardy engaged in shady behavior but it pales in comparison to the shady behavior the staff was doing in general and likely to him. He picked a better staff, program, and position coach. Now we have that position coach who has a pre-existing relationship with Hardy. We need D line talent like R. Kelly needs Jesus. This is a take every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

So it's ok to lie since the other side is shady? It's fine to lie to some people, but not others? Is that where we are?
He's a well known snake and I'd prefer he not come to Knoxville.

This would be a really big help. Said it when he went to auburn this is the kind of talent you get on campus regardless. Hopefully he comes here and produces. Don’t care what people think did or didn’t happen. We need to win and getting pressure with your front 3 or 4 guys really takes the burden we’ve seen off the linebackers

I can't belive you all and your caterwauling. You've got one of the best DL coaches in the country that will make this decision. If RG wants him, I want him.
I will go along with this as well, though it pains me to say that I agree with you on something. Makes me wonder if I have been smoking the marijuanas and not remembering it.

Completely agree. I remember thinking screw Mays after he said that. But was I excited when he came back here? Yes. If Hardy wants to come back then I am all for it.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
I doubt this guy knows anything but…

He is a sports writer who is a TN guy living in Kentucky. In the comments he said he would bet the farm on Hardy coming here. He also said he expects a DB sometime this month as well. Like you said, he probably doesn’t know much but then again who knows?

VN Store

Back