Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
It always amazes me that people like Farrell would post something so insulting and degrading. Of all the people, Smith is the last person someone would want to attack. It's such a shame. Smith has been a special VFL since the first day and we all wish him the best of luck. Although I doubt he will need luck. He will work hard and earn his place in the NFL. Chiefs will find out soon just what a special person they got.

It seems like the school review of the dorm incident has been completed and the recommendations made. It's looking more and more like they recommended expulsion for those involved. I wonder when we will see the others enter the transfer portal. This is such a disappointing situation. Hope this will encourage them to make better decisions in the future.

It always amazes me that people like Farrell would post something so insulting and degrading. Of all the people, Smith is the last person someone would want to attack. It's such a shame. Smith has been a special VFL since the first day and we all wish him the best of luck. Although I doubt he will need luck. He will work hard and earn his place in the NFL. Chiefs will find out soon just what a special person they got.
I think he was attacking Vol Twitter much more than Trey, but it is such a stupid and horrible take that he was willing to drag such a great human like Trey into his mess. Just so wrong on so many levels. He has probably been hoping to be able to Tweet something like that for three years. His lack of character has been forever revealed for all the world to see.

Also, I remember Farrell saying Josh Jacobs wasn’t physical enough for the NFL.

Rivals is made by dudes that could never make it in sports so they made a website to make it seem like they are the “end all be all” when it comes to evaluating recruits. 247 is, and always will be the best recruiting website.

Hopefully ESPN and Rivals stop evaluating recruits, both are completely useless.

247 was founded by Shannon Terry, who was the head of Rivals for many years.

It seems like the school review of the dorm incident has been completed and the recommendations made. It's looking more and more like they recommended expulsion for those involved. I wonder when we will see the others enter the transfer portal. This is such a disappointing situation. Hope this will encourage them to make better decisions in the future.
Why is it looking like they recommended expulsion for the other two?

For those that always lose their s**t about recruiting all State kids

6 total players from the state of Tennessee were drafted last night.

Trey Smith
Amari Rodgers
Jacoby Stevens
Quentin Bohanna
Sadarius Hutcherson
Patrick Johnson (2 star that was on no ones radar)

The state of Georgia had 6.. in the 1st round alone. 31 total. Florida had 48, the Carolinas had 13,

My takeaway from your post is that there were six times as many kids drafted from the state of Tennessee as were drafted from the university of Tennessee, which produced a measly one of those six in-state players. I don’t think anyone has ever said that we need to recruit the state of Tennessee exclusively, but your post is proof that we need to do a much better job of identifying and recruiting the talent in our state. Also, if the Carolinas combined to produce 13 draft picks, this actually suggests we are on par with each of those states individually, and I don’t understand how it supports your OP.

Last edited:
Still waiting on @Glitch to explain why they call it the pokey.....

Well, @Weezer ,when two cellmates really love each other the larger more dominant one will make the other his prison $&%*^. Then the prison $&%*^ will do the hokey pokey and turn himself around. For the larger more dominant one, that's what it is allllll about.

Well, @Weezer ,when two cellmates really love each other the larger more dominant one will make the other his prison $&%*^. Then the prison $&%*^ will do the hokey pokey and turn himself around. For the larger more dominant one, that's what it is allllll about.

Farrell might be down. Sounds like SPOONING...

Can someone give me the rundown of what happened here and who was involved. Haven’t been paying much attention the last few months

Farrell might be down. Sounds like SPOONING...

He may not like being the little spoon so much but if you creep on young girls you get what you get and you bite that pillow hard so you don't cry when your 6'4" well hung cellmate starts humming the hokey pokey music right after lights out.

Can someone give me the rundown of what happened here and who was involved. Haven’t been paying much attention the last few months

Someone posted screen shots of Mike Farrell texting some young girl asking her for selfies and for one of her with spoons. I don't quite understand that one.

Then yesterday after Trey Smith was finally drafted he tweeted some sparky comment about waiting on apologies and gift baskets because he never had Trey rated highly and got raked over the coals about it by VolTwitter.

LSS... he is a creeper douche.

For those that always lose their s**t about recruiting all State kids

6 total players from the state of Tennessee were drafted last night.

Trey Smith
Amari Rodgers
Jacoby Stevens
Quentin Bohanna
Sadarius Hutcherson
Patrick Johnson (2 star that was on no ones radar)

The state of Georgia had 6.. in the 1st round alone. 31 total. Florida had 48, the Carolinas had 13,
I get some anger from folks sometimes but TN high-school football is ignorable.

Why is it looking like they recommended expulsion for the other two?
I think maybe he meant the two that have already portaled out. French and Washington.

Edit: Never mind. Reading comprehension is hard for me, sometimes. I agree it remains to be seen if expulsion were recommended and I would say it is unlikely since they are still here.

Reactions: SweetasSoda
I get some anger from folks sometimes but TN high-school football is ignorable.

Our coaches need to have solid relationships with our in state schools so that when off the charts kids do show out we can have a shot. Otherwise, we have to recruit at a minimum regionally but really nationally. Always have and always will.

Our coaches need to have solid relationships with our in state schools so that when off the charts kids do show out we can have a shot. Otherwise, we have to recruit at a minimum regionally but really nationally. Always have and always will.
To an extent yeah. Some of these coaches hold bitterness because TN didnt recruit some bum ass player x amount of years ago. At some point they need to also attempt to benefit TN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back