UCF sets school record with 5 players....

Ha! This is the first thing I wanted to know when round 7 was finished. Good show by UCF and another predictable outcome for UT.

Reactions: feathersax
Yes it has, accept it and let’s hope this train gets rollin’!

Go Vols!
I'm just hopin' that light at the end of said tunnel isn't an oncoming train with the NCAA conducting it.

Reactions: VolBricks
Anyone know if those were recruited by CJH or Frost?

Most likely Frost, but who cares? It's not like Frost was there for 10 years or something. He was there for 2. Almost all the players Frost went 13-0 with were recruited by George O'Leary.

Any UCF player drafted this year likely spent 1-2 years with Frost and 3 years with Heupel.

Most likely Frost, but who cares? It's not like Frost was there for 10 years or something. He was there for 2. Almost all the players Frost went 13-0 with were recruited by George O'Leary.

Any UCF player drafted this year likely spent 1-2 years with Frost and 3 years with Heupel.
I care. That's why I asked. Looks like CJH can develop which is great. Something other UT coaches haven't done. Hopefully he can recruit, too. Think we would all agree it's better for UT if CJH develops 4 and 5 star players rather than developing 2 and 3 stars. The former should have a higher ceiling on average.

Last edited:

Agree...it's all about player development. Compare our recruiting rankings to any teams who fared better than us in the draft, and all of our players can't be a bust. A smart NFL team probably realizes some UT players are extreme value picks. Watch Palmer and Smith...I'd bet both are very solid year 1 players.

Think JH's chance to get us back on track is to create excitement on offense, whether all the wins come in Y1 or not. Excitement breeds momentum, and can lead to us attracting players we're used to having historically at UT.

What this actually shows is that Martinez can develop talent and that the Offense highlighted some players that certainly wouldn't have gotten noticed. I think if Bryce would have stayed he could have played himself into the 3rd or 4th round. Will see next year, but I think we will have multiple offensive players drafted and Taylor will end up in the top 3 rounds.

So...maybe we should have hired George?? :cool:

Anyone know if those were recruited by CJH or Frost?
The response to your very good question that they were developed by Huepel avoids the answer. Correct me if I am wrong, but Huepel was there for only 3 years, so that would mean they were recruited by Frost and coached by Frost and company year 1. Also, Huepel’s O staff are the only people to have come here. Three of the five that went pro were defensive players. Not surprisingly, they were receiver.

Reactions: McDad

VN Store

Back