2021 NFL Draft Thread

Do we need to have that conversation again about Tennessee being way more talented than South Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri again?

Reactions: Lane Train 4
This felt like a good place for this....

Honestly, Fields wasn't real impressive when he came into games at UGA. I remember watching Georgia-Auburn that year and Fields got to play about the whole second half and he was trash. Maybe that was coaching (Chaney was the OC) maybe it was youth idk. Fields and Fromm have the same number of playoff wins. I'm interested to see what kind of a pro Fields makes when he's not in a one read and run offense.

His play has gone downhill. Couple that with the health issues, and the drop is not a shock. He'll get a chance to prove himself, but he'll have to earn his first big payday.

Trey showed late Day 2 or early Day 3 tape this year. Combine that with the health risks, the decline in fundamentals, the lack of coaching and that explains the drop....

Reactions: BIGAL27
Honestly, Fields wasn't real impressive when he came into games at UGA. I remember watching Georgia-Auburn that year and Fields got to play about the whole second half and he was trash. Maybe that was coaching (Chaney was the OC) maybe it was youth idk. Fields and Fromm have the same number of playoff wins. I'm interested to see what kind of a pro Fields makes when he's not in a one read and run offense.
He for sure will face much better defenses thane did at either Georgia or Ohio State. I think Fields will have a tough time in the NFL.

He for sure will face much better defenses thane did at either Georgia or Ohio State. I think Fields will have a tough time in the NFL.
With the exception of the semi-final game against Clemson this year, he generally played poorly at Ohio when he played a good defense.

Reactions: Tnphil
Trey just tweeted “Will never forget.” , teams doin him dirty.
If he was pissed last night he's probably even more pissed right now, we are in the middle of the 5th round. I love Trey but many of these athletes have a greatly overinflated opinion of themselves. Alot of egos come crashing down at draft time.

Honestly I think Trey would've benefited coming back for another year, last year didn't count so he had that option, another year without health issues and a competent o line coach would've helped his draft grade

Honestly I think Trey would've benefited coming back for another year, last year didn't count so he had that option, another year without health issues and a competent o line coach would've helped his draft grade
Especially considering that I would bet a lot of his slide has to do with there being no combine, so no medical check, so teams are going to be even more cautious

I may be wrong, but this has nothing to do with Friend or his play on the field. It has to be health.

You are at the point in the draft (well beyond it actually) where you actually look for guys who have the raw material but weren't coached up or played too much hero ball because their teammates can't cut it. Those things are fixable and coachable. The raw talent isn't.

So, if everyone agrees that the raw talent is there, the health issue is the only reason he isn't gone. You aren't getting people with the raw material he has anymore at this point in the draft.

In all honesty, I think we're at the point where you would take the risk on the health issue. So, I don't know why he's still there.

If a late 5th round pick goes bad, no one is going to remember it or crucify a GM for it. So, he should be worth the risk at this point.

There's a WR from FSU I can't believe hasn't gone yet. There wasn't any secondary he couldn't get behind.

Reactions: captainsword
Doubtful. His health was the big question. Teams were going to want to see at least a full year of play. Unfortunately his last year he played for Pruitt and a 3-7 team.
I know some are talking about the Titans pick and the guy having surgeries but it's 2021 those surgeries aren't a career ender like years ago. He also had crazy speed even if he lost half a step he would be faster than most. Guess they figured high risk but super high reward. Blood clots will always be a you never know and Trey really didn't get to shine his last year.
I think some one will pick him up as a UDFA and he'll probably make a practice squad at least, not top NFL money but if a team like TN picked him up, low risk with possible high reward, cost of living is cheaper here than lets say a Cali team, he could save money for a few years and then get a job in the sports world and still live a good life.
I wish him the best going forward.
He gets on a roster and he gets paid.

I may be wrong, but this has nothing to do with Friend or his play on the field. It has to be health.

You are at the point in the draft (well beyond it actually) where you actually look for guys who have the raw material but weren't coached up or played too much hero ball because their teammates can't cut it. Those things are fixable and coachable. The raw talent isn't.

So, if everyone agrees that the raw talent is there, the health issue is the only reason he isn't gone. You aren't getting people with the raw material he has anymore at this point in the draft.

In all honesty, I think we're at the point where you would take the risk on the health issue. So, I don't know why he's still there.

If a late 5th round pick goes bad, no one is going to remember it or crucify a GM for it. So, he should be worth the risk at this point.

There's a WR from FSU I can't believe hasn't gone yet. There wasn't any secondary he couldn't get behind.
T Terry??
He had a horrible 2020

I know people wanna bash Pruitt for this but I don’t think that’s it. It’s just unfortunate that he got those blood clots. I feel so bad for Trey.
Pruitt and Friend certainly didn't help him any but I agree I think the blood clots are the main issue. Getting to the point where I think he'd be worth the risk with a 6th round pick.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

VN Store

Back