With French and Washington in the portal, I think Heupel should address the issue

Supposedly, Salter has been snap chatting videos of him all trashed up to like 4 in the morning all week. I haven't seen it since I am old and don't snapchat, but that's what is being said by some younger posters.
geez. i was 18, once, and was an idiot. just dont post about it. time to grow up.

If all the stuff about Salter being "constantly trashed" is true and the addition of what appears to be another capable QB in the room coupled with the commit this week...well it's not looking good in terms of a future at UT for Kaiden at all.

I say no later than end of the semester, he is in the portal.

I think these football players are finding out that they are going to be treated as regular students by the university, which they should, and are going to face university discipline in addition to any football discipline. They don’t want to deal with it so they are moving on.
I have no problem with the university taking appropriate action against them. If a non athlete had done what they are accused of more than likely they would be gone and at a minimum suspended.

Now that French and Washington have portaled in the direction of leaving and Salter is more interested in vaping videos and making stupid comments online than hitting the books or weight room, maybe Coach Heupel should address the situation?

No one is "gone" yet but surely Coach has some idea, since the players involved seem to be making decisions.....

Feel like they are being shown the door here. If they wanted to leave why wouldn't they already be in the portal like the other folks who left? They demonstrated their character and CJH likely didn't see what he needed to from an ownership/accountability perspective. Get rid of the cancer before it spreads. Pure conjecture on my part but makes the most sense.

I think these football players are finding out that they are going to be treated as regular students by the university, which they should, and are going to face university discipline in addition to any football discipline. They don’t want to deal with it so they are moving on.
I have no problem with the university taking appropriate action against them. If a non athlete had done what they are accused of more than likely they would be gone and at a minimum suspended.

I think these guys are going to find out real quick that the coaching staff can’t wait for them to screw up so they can be gone and can be replaced with their guys.

Whoever thinks this team is winning 8 this year has to really step back and take all of this in

I think these guys are going to find out real quick that the coaching staff can’t wait for them to screw up so they can be gone and can be replaced with their guys.

Whoever thinks this team is winning 8 this year has to really step back and take all of this in
I agree, and that's okay. We need to fully commit to purging the last 12 years. Doing that and winning 4-5 games next year and even the next year if need be, will be absolutely worth it in the long run if we can change the culture from top to bottom.

Now that French and Washington have portaled in the direction of leaving and Salter is more interested in vaping videos and making stupid comments online than hitting the books or weight room, maybe Coach Heupel should address the situation?

No one is "gone" yet but surely Coach has some idea, since the players involved seem to be making decisions.....
If I were the head coach of this program, I’d make it easy for them. I’d put their names in “the portal” myself and save them the trouble. Play stupid games, get stupid consequences, only in this case, the consequences will be getting another chance at another high profile university on said universities dime.
I have little sympathy for knuckleheads these days, whether it be adults or “kids.”
GBO!!

I have zero expectations with this team, concerning wins and losses. My only expectations are the cleansing of the stink that has surrounded this program for many years and if that happens, or at least steps are taken in that direction, I will be satisfied.
GBO!!

I haven't seen what you are talking about. As far as some kids "video behavior"? (save you several weeks of mental anguish)...because I love you. You are my brother. I'm quoting myself. But the aforementioned begs the question. Who is the bigger fool? The one who would do, such stupid sh*t on the internet?!!! Or the person watching dumb **** like that on the internet? Enabling that person to even have a platform to speak on? Word of advise brother, next time you're that bored. Go go on volnation.com, and shake the cage a little bit like a real man. Lol. "Later rednecks"... ..and so I don't feel guilty later. Yes, quoting myself again.
Or you could do even worse and get on here and critique other people over their posts.

It's hard to imagine Salter bouncing back from this and becoming the leader that a qb needs to be for a team. I'm not sure that the details of the assault are as serious as when Brent Schaeffer nearly killed that 5'5" 140 lb kid who found his girlfriend's cell phone, but I doubt Heupel wants to brand Salter as the face of his program.
Easy to imagine. Possible to occur. Less likely to be.

We’ll find out what we need to know if and when we need it. Heupel has a whole team to run.

If I were the head coach of this program, I’d make it easy for them. I’d put their names in “the portal” myself and save them the trouble. Play stupid games, get stupid consequences, only in this case, the consequences will be getting another chance at another high profile university on said universities dime.
I have little sympathy for knuckleheads these days, whether it be adults or “kids.”
GBO!!
You know you’re in coach’s doghouse when he sends you a Username and Password for the portal!

Supposedly, Salter has been snap chatting videos of him all trashed up to like 4 in the morning all week. I haven't seen it since I am old and don't snapchat, but that's what is being said by some younger posters.
He’s not the guy we need. Bailey for a couple years and then our lates signee or next one.
Salter is trouble waiting to happen.
Hate it as he has potential, but he needs to go somewhere else

Hopefully Eason and McDonald have chosen a different path from French and will be some difference makers for us this year. I like what I’ve heard off the field from Eason too. Seems like a good guy that’s bought in and all Vol.

McDonald and Eason were always the far better prospects of the 3.

McDonald is looking very solid out there
Eason just needs to keep adding strength and Tech. Both are going to help us win games.

Reactions: TC 83 and A.J.
I heard on the radio the other day discussing what Saban tells his players.. I'm sure all coaches give these type of talks. What I don't get is why some don't get it. They inspire to play in the NFL but don't get the NFL scrutinize every move or decision a player makes in college. Bryce Thompson is a good example.. Physically talented, he received really good feedback but.. Most NFL teams are holding off because of high school and college issues he had..

These guys hitting the portal after the issues they had isn't going to create a future they are dreaming about in the NFL (if that is their aspiration). I do realize some possibly may or may not be talented enough for the big league... But we actually don't know now because they didn't even put their talents to work to give it a chance or create an opportunity.. That chance is slim to none now. Heck making the practice squad in the league pays well vs what? JMO

Saban doesn’t recruit as much as he selects. The top advantage of his player development and discipline is the fact that he has a several backups and countless recruits who will take your spot and never look back. UTs roster has been paper thin for years, so they tolerate mediocrity and bad behavior.

Heupel is going to have to tear this down and offer a slew of PWO if necessary. Need guys that want to be here and would do anything to make the program proud.

Reactions: BlinghamptonVol
Saban doesn’t recruit as much as he selects. The top advantage of his player development and discipline is the fact that he has a several backups and countless recruits who will take your spot and never look back. UTs roster has been paper thin for years, so they tolerate mediocrity and bad behavior.

Heupel is going to have to tear this down and offer a slew of PWO if necessary. Need guys that want to be here and would do anything to make the program proud.
This is definitely what needs to change.

With all the hoopla these two kids have generated, is it just possible that heupel let them know that they should look for greener fields to play in. I hope so as that says to me that he is not going to accept that kind of behavior.

Reactions: SayUWantAreVOLution

They could be on the portal because the university told them they were out of school. Portal just a vehicle to get interest from other schools

Reactions: VFLBerg

We are going to have to move a couple of those running backs to linebacker. I don’t see that we have a choice at this point unless we get 2 to 3 linebackers from the transfer portal.
We might get that guy from Texas, but we’ll still be super thin like nothing I’ve ever seen.

With all the hoopla these two kids have generated, is it just possible that heupel let them know that they should look for greener fields to play in. I hope so as that says to me that he is not going to accept that kind of behavior.

Heupel waiting for student conduct to finish with them before he does anything

Reactions: VAVol85
Sure. The way it should be addressed here is that we won 3 games last year. We had 2 players drafted. Players are generally not putting in the work to make this program better. If you want to change that, there is a spot for you. If you want to stay irrelevant, join the others in the portal.

Our roster can be rebuilt. But this culture is at rock bottom. It will be harder to fix that.

VN Store

Back