What kind of snake is this?

I think a baby water snake. Not that people usually do this but you can look at a snake's eyes and tell if it's poisonous or not. Cat slit pupils are poisonous, round pupils are not. Poisonous ones also tend to have a diamond shaped head.
This is 100% wrong and will get someone bit by a venomous snake. Read the links below. The most dangerous snake in the world has round pupils and so does a coral snake.

Fake Snake News: How Not to Identify a Poisonous Snake.

How To Tell if a Snake is Venomous / Poisonous.

Reactions: norrislakevol
This is 100% wrong and will get someone bit by a venomous snake. Read the links below. The most dangerous snake in the world has round pupils and so does a coral snake.

Fake Snake News: How Not to Identify a Poisonous Snake.

How To Tell if a Snake is Venomous / Poisonous.

The best way to know is to know the snakes. The round pupil works for most in the US other than the coral snake. I think there is another species that has vertical pupils that is non venomous or it’s extremely mild. Can’t remember the name.

Reactions: jps2194
The best way to know is to know the snakes. The round pupil works for most in the US other than the coral snake. I think there is another species that has vertical pupils that is non venomous or it’s extremely mild. Can’t remember the name.
Not only this but their eyes change just like anything else. Bright light pupils contract, dim light they expand. So the differences are not always as obvious slit vs round sounds.

VN Store

Back