All things STOCKS

I enjoy your responses, you know the business... Probably better than I do these days. I've been retired for 10 years. Don't know if you saw it but I think they were talking about 50 bps on stock transactions, 10 bps on bonds and 5 bps on options. The funds would be used to pay 90% of the tuition cost to all state universities. Basically making college free.... Assuming the universities don't continue to jack tuition rates.

It wouldn’t affect me too much since I’m more buy and hold. I might trade in and out of something every month or two. But these trader guys just going for frequent 2% or 3% gains will get hammered. And they contribute to keeping spreads narrow and securities liquid. These idiots thinking that 50% plus 1 vote means they can steal from the minority are working toward destroying our country. But this isn’t the political forum so I’ll slow my roll.

Market has been pretty good for me. No complaints.

Question: On Squawk this morning they were talking about a proposed 50 basis point transaction fee on stock trades. How do you think that will impact you guys? Obviously, it's not likely to go through, but if it did how would you react?
I would throw a bloody fit like a three year old, and I've always been a buy and hold person. At least until we got I to this silly market where the most important thing to make a stock price increase is noise on various websites.
OTOH, I would like to see a .0003 tax per trade with a possible minimum of $1. Almost all of us were accustomed to paying a charge to a broker just 2-3 years ago. I paid $2 per trade.
I like the idea of funding college for those academically qualified. If used for more military, nope.

I would throw a bloody fit like a three year old, and I've always been a buy and hold person. At least until we got I to this silly market where the most important thing to make a stock price increase is noise on various websites.
OTOH, I would like to see a .0003 tax per trade with a possible minimum of $1. Almost all of us were accustomed to paying a charge to a broker just 2-3 years ago. I paid $2 per trade.
I like the idea of funding college for those academically qualified. If used for more military, nope.

It will always indirectly go for more military. More money to spend always means more money for the military.

For some of you all that had significant capital gains in the past year, have you looked at Opportunity Zone Funds (OZF) to defer/reduce capital gains tax?

Reason why Im asking: The company the wife works for was sold and she had a small bit of equity in it and she had a decent capital gain. Some of the big wigs above her are planning on using OZF to defer/reduce taxation on their gains. I don't see how the benefits outweigh the lack of flexibility (Her company is CA based so I am assuming some will use the OZF andmove to TX or NV when these taxes come due in a few years to avoid double digit CA taxation).

I can't make up my mind if we are about to correct big time or not. I'm only doing short term plays unless I really like the prospects (MOS)

I actually believe it is overvalued at the moment, and will probably sell some very soon hoping for a 15-20 pt pullback to buy again.
A consistently good stock in the 12+ years I have owned it.

Learning patience with this "game" is key, its hard but paying off a little bit. I had some losers that ive been holding for about 2 months and they both ran my account up today pretty good. Now, if Doge keeps doing its thing ill be in business.

Learning patience with this "game" is key, its hard but paying off a little bit. I had some losers that ive been holding for about 2 months and they both ran my account up today pretty good. Now, if Doge keeps doing its thing ill be in business.

I've got a couple of those that have fallen so much, it's probably better to hope for a miracle comeback than sell at a massive loss.

Reactions: VolAllen
I've got a couple of those that have fallen so much, it's probably better to hope for a miracle comeback than sell at a massive loss.
In April I was down 95% on CLOV calls about 10 days before expiration. It popped and i closed that position +200% lol. Moved those funds immediately to May calls, and here we are 😎

VN Store

Back