Tennessee Vols Basketball Recruiting

Tobias Harris was a joy to watch, but as with everything to me personally an "all-time" list has to include guys with 3 years at the program.

Reactions: i2amavol
Well, I bought a Winnebago with a jeep and I had to move 'em from a campground in Caryville to one in Loudon, so I wasn't able to indulge in 420 until just now. Here's my top 5 that I saw play although technically White is out of position :
Tony White
Allan Houston
Dale Ellis
Bernard King (only saw him in the NBA, but come on, we all know he is UT's GOAT)
CJ Black

Well, I bought a Winnebago with a jeep and I had to move 'em from a campground in Caryville to one in Loudon, so I wasn't able to indulge in 420 until just now. Here's my top 5 that I saw play although technically White is out of position :
Tony White
Allan Houston
Dale Ellis
Bernard King (only saw him in the NBA, but come on, we all know he is UT's GOAT)
CJ Black
I expected it to be Ramar Smith, Harris Walker, Terrence Woods, Greg Bell,, and Major Wingate. 😎

Extremely accurate 3 point shooter. Player on ahold tournament on the Atlanta area 3-4 years ago. He is also a pretty good golfer.
And a really good tennis player too! Didn't shoot outside the free throw extension much in college. Pretty much dominated the post area for 3 years in the SEC, at a time when the SEC might have been their very best in basketball. Research the Sports Illustrated' article from winter 1983. They did a long story on how the SEC was the best basketball conference that season. I think the article was entitled, "Second to None."

I was at UT with Hamer and he was a good player and a great guy but if he is our best center that just makes me think we have not had very many good bigs on campus. I am sure the old timers will say Boerwinkle is the best center but he was before my time.
Reggie Johnson is easily the best big man UT has had but he was more of a power forward. He started at center his freshman season

Loving the names and lists!

I wish I had gotten to watch that late 70s era, seems like there were some great ballers there.

Instead I cut my teeth in the Green era and hold special bias towards those guys. CJ Black, Vincent, Victor, Higgins, Harris, etc. still chaps me a guy with 4 20 win seasons is replaced by Buzz Peterson...ugh
Green voluntarily wrote his own ticket out of Knoxville.

Not that it holds any weight, am I the only one who doesn’t really put too much into ESPN recruiting rankings? More of 247 sports kind of dude. Feel like it’s more accurate. Again it doesn’t really matter

UT now fourth in ESPN, Rivals and 247. Behind Michigan, Gonzaga and Duke in all three. Regardless, a fantastic class!

Watch him be the guy we don’t talk about that ends up being the favorite. He looks like a dude that just works and works

We don’t talk about him much, but he is in fact my favorite prospect from this 2021 class because he is quietly good at so many different things, similar to JJJ, and he is a multi-year player. He reminds me of Admiral if Admiral was in much better shape coming into UT and had his junior year skill set as a true freshmen.

The four-star versatile shooting threat holds offers from Florida, Michigan, Tennessee, and Vanderbilt. However, he says Michigan and Tennessee are the two schools who are active in his recruitment.

With Michigan being the favorite due to his father Juwan Howard leading the program, Jett really admires how the Volunteers are shooting their shot and pursuing him.

"Bryan Lentz has been recruiting me," says Howard on Tennessee. "I love their program because they show the most love to me. I like how they do not mind recruiting me because of my father. They accept the competition and I am looking forward to taking a visit there."
Unsure of when he will make his final decision, Howard plans on scheduling a visit to Tennessee after the June 1st date. However, still look for his father and the Wolverines coaching staff to secure him as a talent and receive his commitment.
-Jenkins

VN Store

Back