The Grill and BBQ thread

Here’s a rack of ribs I did on Friday. Did my usual rub, and tried the 3-2-1 method. I think it got hotter than I had planned, and then in that last hour I had it too close to my firebox. The flavor was killer, but they were tougher than I would have liked. Gonna do them straight through, no foil next time.

Attachments

• 984E533E-DE5A-403F-B967-6D61DE825B22.jpeg
    984E533E-DE5A-403F-B967-6D61DE825B22.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
These were good but any tips for smoking the bacon so it's crispier without overcooking the dogs?

View attachment 363205

Use thinner bacon if you want it crispy. The problem is finding a good thin bacon.

ThreadbareGrimHound-max-1mb.gif

2 full racks baby backs peeled and cut in quarters. Apply rub and let sit for 2 hours to overnight. Place in a single layer tips down in a large turkey bag. Cook in oven at 225 until the meat begins to pull away from the bone ends. Pull out and mop with favorite sauce on a hot grill turning frequently until glazed.

I use either kosher salt and garlic pepper or kosher salt and a cumin based rub. I either make my own everything in the fridge sauce or combine some sort of regular sweet sauce like KC Masterpiece with a hot and spicy Bullseye.

The 2 plus hous in the oven makes them perect every time.

For my smoker, in a medium aluminum pan combine 2 cans bush's grilling beans, 2 cans light red kidney beans, 2 cans canellinni beans with a large onion diced and about 8 - 10 peppercinis sliced. Mix the fridge sauce and brown sugar plus coarse black pepper. Stir into beans. Layer with thick cut bacon on top. Cook covered until very bubbly then uncover until top has a thick glaze.

Reactions: Boca Vol
Unfortunately just chicken breasts as we are low on meats at the house. This weekend hopefully I can smoke some ribs or something.

Hey, good healthy choice. Two hours in a brine works magic on boring chicken. Hit them with a jerk rub or the BGE Citrus and Dill, then throw them on that bad-boy!

Here’s a rack of ribs I did on Friday. Did my usual rub, and tried the 3-2-1 method. I think it got hotter than I had planned, and then in that last hour I had it too close to my firebox. The flavor was killer, but they were tougher than I would have liked. Gonna do them straight through, no foil next time.

I can do on my charcoal barrel quite well, but my son prefers to use his electric smoker and gets the ribs spot on, far better than me. He smokes at 230 +- all the way. WE don't normally pre-prep. Unwrap, rinse, pat dry, oat with mustard to hold the spices, smoke for about 2.5 hours and pull. Run a line of brown sugar honey and squeeze butter on foil, lay on the rack, and repeat on top. Wrap and back on smoker another hour atleast. Unwrap, sauce, and put back on another 3045 minutes. His are always tender and fall off the bone. First bite, and the whole bone just pulls right out. I'd put him up against any local joint. Baby Backs usually get a blend of Pecan and apple (or cherry).

VN Store

Back