Kim Mulkey leaving Baylor, Announced as Head Coach for LSU

Phil Jackson has 8 championships and was one of the best 2 top coaches. But when he left to another team tried to come back, that was the end of him. He couldn't coach anymore. Not sure if he was finally got fired or he resigned.
What are you talking about? Jackson has 11 championships as a coach. He won 6 with the Bulls, with the last in 1998. He then won 3 in a row with the Lakers from 2000-2002, and then two more in in 2009 and 2010. He coached one more season and then retired.

He had almost as many rings with his 2nd team as he did with his first team in just about the same length of time.

What are you talking about?

Nothing coherent, per usual.

Jackson has 11 championships as a coach. He won 6 with the Bulls, with the last in 1998. He then won 3 in a row with the Lakers from 2000-2002, and then two more in in 2009 and 2010. He coached one more season and then retired.

He had almost as many rings with his 2nd team as he did with his first team in just about the same length of time.

LOL. It's so glorious to watch someone make a completely asinine and made-up argument and get beautifully owned. Well done.

I love to see UT fans completely downplay this hire, as if it doesn't show how a competent AD actually runs things. This is a monumental hire for LSU without a doubt. Anyone that says otherwise is living outside of reality.

What are you talking about? Jackson has 11 championships as a coach. He won 6 with the Bulls, with the last in 1998. He then won 3 in a row with the Lakers from 2000-2002, and then two more in in 2009 and 2010. He coached one more season and then retired.

Kobe Bryant never took a ring home without either Shaq or Jackson involved with the Lakers to offset his offensive inability at self control.

Nothing coherent, per usual.

LOL. It's so glorious to watch someone make a completely asinine and made-up argument and get beautifully owned. Well done.

I love to see UT fans completely downplay this hire, as if it doesn't show how a competent AD actually runs things. This is a monumental hire for LSU without a doubt. Anyone that says otherwise is living outside of reality.
I think things could work out for Tennessee if Kellie improves things on the recruiting front. Clearly, I disagree with those who think that recruiting lower ranked players and turning them into All Americans is as equally viable a strategy for success as going after elite talent. But I do think that Kellie's coaching ability is a significant upgrade over Holly...not on the level of Kim, but I don't think Tennessee could've gotten her to begin with. Seems that Kim (and Vic last season) were willing to make the move due to personal ties as much as opportunity.

LSU is obviously about repairing its negative sports image at this time and their non-responsive to women students allegations againt athletes. Obviously in the conversation with her.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Strange that she would leave Baylor for a team like LSU. UT should have been on the phone making a call instead of going the Holly route. We're about to be the 4th or 5th best program in the SEC.

Strange that she would leave Baylor for a team like LSU. UT should have been on the phone making a call instead of going the Holly route. We're about to be the 4th or 5th best program in the SEC.
Not so strange when you factor in that she's a Louisiana girl who grew up an hour away from Baton Rouge. She's finishing up her career at home, and that's not something Tennessee could offer.

The biggest downfall was hiring Holly as Pat's successor. That was their opportunity to get an elite coach. By the time Holly was fired, the program was in too much disarray to be as attractive a destination for an elite coach.

Reactions: 1reVOLver and glv98

I don't know why fans would give up without her even putting together a team. Yea, I get some of the concern but if she can pull it off and become a contender, I'll be the 1st person to get on the train. But until then, she's going to have to prove to me she can win in the SEC

Not so strange when you factor in that she's a Louisiana girl who grew up an hour away from Baton Rouge. She's finishing up her career at home, and that's not something Tennessee could offer.

The biggest downfall was hiring Holly as Pat's successor. That was their opportunity to get an elite coach. By the time Holly was fired, the program was in too much disarray to be as attractive a destination for an elite coach.
Not to rehash old news but we should ask ourselves the following:
What top five coach was going to come to Tennessee with Pat clearly fading and still serving in the emeritus role?
Who would want to follow the greatest WBB coach in history? (No one and I mean no one with half a brain would step into that scenario)
Who would want to usurp Holly whom Pat had clearly chosen as her successor.
We can certainly argue how long Holly should have stayed but whining about her getting the job in the first place is certainly revisionist history.

I don't know why fans would give up without her even putting together a team. Yea, I get some of the concern but if she can pull it off and become a contender, I'll be the 1st person to get on the train. But until then, she's going to have to prove to me she can win in the SEC
I hope Kelly rocks out and turns it around. I truly do. Any coach that can't take UT's name alone and sign top talent I don't know if they ever will or can win without it consistently. I mean Holly had a personality of a bucket of cement. She still was able to sign top talent. Its a red flag at the least, you gotta admit.

Reactions: Border Vol
I hope Kelly rocks out and turns it around. I truly do. Any coach that can't take UT's name alone and sign top talent I don't know if they ever will or can win without it consistently. I mean Holly had a personality of a bucket of cement. She still was able to sign top talent. Its a red flag at the least, you gotta admit.
If one day Coach Harper is replaced it will probably with a head coaching retread,another mid-major up an comer or a highly thought of assistant coach.

Not to rehash old news but we should ask ourselves the following:
What top five coach was going to come to Tennessee with Pat clearly fading and still serving in the emeritus role?
Who would want to follow the greatest WBB coach in history? (No one and I mean no one with half a brain would step into that scenario)
Who would want to usurp Holly whom Pat had clearly chosen as her successor.
We can certainly argue how long Holly should have stayed but whining about her getting the job in the first place is certainly revisionist history.
I get the following a legend thing. I really do, but if we are being honest I don't know if that really applies as much when the legend hadn't produced to their own standards in several years. UT was still a top job then but you may be right about not able to pull a top coach. There isn't many out there and most are settled in for the long run. Money does talk tho.

I get the following a legend thing. I really do, but if we are being honest I don't know if that really applies as much when the legend hadn't produced to their own standards in several years. UT was still a top job then but you may be right about not able to pull a top coach. There isn't many out there and most are settled in for the long run. Money does talk tho.
Money does talk! Sometimes I wonder how much Holly wanted to be the head coach. Personality wise she was certainly a more natural assistant. But, when your mentor calls, you answer. Don’t think she was very happy after the first couple of years either.

Reactions: aretha57
If one day Coach Harper is replaced it will probably with a head coaching retread,another mid-major up an comer or a highly thought of assistant coach.

It's what we've done in football the last 15 years or so. Why would UTAD change their MO now? I'm sorry, my depression over how the school manages sports crept into this post. I am pulling for Kellie and think she will get the job done. By the way there was no one coming behind Pat that she did not bless, so much for a name coming after her.

Reactions: Border Vol
It's what we've done in football the last 15 years or so. Why would UTAD change their MO now? I'm sorry, my depression over how the school manages sports crept into this post. I am pulling for Kellie and think she will get the job done. By the way there was no one coming behind Pat that she did not bless, so much for a name coming after her.
I think Coach Harper will do great things as well.;)

VN Store

Back