Jack Jancek Not Mentioned

You’re going to pull a hammy with all that stretching you’re doing. He was a walk on playing against another walk on. No one will remember this scrimmage come August. Why are you so bothered by this?
Because he’s Brian Maurer’s number 1 fan and is deeply pain-stricken that Bailey played better than he did and wants to act like the media saying so is just pushing a narrative against BM. His posts aren’t really about Jancek at all.

Lol

Just how many white guys over the last 35 years were great SEC WR ? One maybe two ?
I'm talking 1st,2nd or 3rd team all sec ?
Just about every list for greatest SEC will have Josh Reed at the top or top 3. Dan Sticker also makes some lists. Kris Durham drafted 4th rd and played 5 years in the NFL. That’s off the top of my head. TN’s own was really a WR, Jason Witten. He flexed out a bunch.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I have read two Volquest write ups that list out the wr units post O&W game and neither had mentioned Jancek’s performance. Are the other publications leaving him out as well? What gives?

Here is Knoxville sports media summed up for you:

During Butch's 4th year, these writers would come from practice and report that JG was electric fast. He was more elusive than Dobbs but stronger and faster. I wish I could find the link but not one, multiple outlets reported this.

It’s the O&W game, not playing Alabama. There is a reason no one knew he was still on the team until that first catch against presumably the 3rd string defense.
They covered up and comers too... and stats during this same game. Other receivers also played the same D. The entire articles were about the O&W game. Not the Alabama game. So, there’s more to it IMO. Last, he caught two bombs I believe?

Here is Knoxville sports media summed up for you:

During Butch's 4th year, these writers would come from practice and report that JG was electric fast. He was more elusive than Dobbs but stronger and faster. I wish I could find the link but not one, multiple outlets reported this.
Haha I never read that but not saying it didn’t happen 🤣

Reactions: volmandu
It’s the O&W game, not playing Alabama. There is a reason no one knew he was still on the team until that first catch against presumably the 3rd string defense.
For a Freshman receiver against “3rd string” which his second catch was against 1st team. He looked very good. He keeps that up, expect him to see playing time.

Every O&W game this same thing happens. There is usually a walk-on RB that does great for a few carries vs a vanilla defense full of 3rd and 4th stringers and fans are wondering if they are a new diamond in the rough. Nothing he did in that game correlates to production in an actual SEC college football game.

Jack had a good game and deserves to be mentioned. At the same time he is in our deepest position and there are several in front of him that are better.

It will be interesting to see if he gets put in on specialty plays this fall. We will need a lot of WRs to play and I can see him getting on the field at times in 4 wide sets.

VN Store

Back