Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maurer needs to stop trying to make plays because he is athletically gifted enough to make them. I was hoping this offense would keep him inside of structure more but he’s gotta learn how to scrap a play or just take what the defense gives him. Can’t hit a home run every pitch. Maurer is the QB that gives us the highest ceiling. That’s why the coaches put him out there first and keep giving him a lot. If he doesn’t start it’s by no ones fault but his own. From everyone i talked to today they matched that. “Has all the tools but it’s everything else that comes with him”...(body language, forcing things, just trying to do too much). They know he’s a roller coaster.

No offense but bailey is a pusher. He doesn’t have a strong arm.
Bailey's arm is fine..

Maurer needs to stop trying to make plays because he is athletically gifted enough to make them. I was hoping this offense would keep him inside of structure more but he’s gotta learn how to scrap a play or just take what the defense gives him. Can’t hit a home run every pitch. Maurer is the QB that gives us the highest ceiling. That’s why the coaches put him out there first and keep giving him a lot. If he doesn’t start it’s by no ones fault but his own. From everyone i talked to today they matched that. “Has all the tools but it’s everything else that comes with him”...(body language, forcing things, just trying to do too much). They know he’s a roller coaster.

No offense but bailey is a pusher. He doesn’t have a strong arm.
Imagine having this take about Bailey... every time you successfully convince these readers you know football, you go and say something this stupid

Hate to say it, but same...thought they were given good holes and space to run, but none of them popped in any way. Will miss Gray and even Ty imo, but we'll be ok.

Positives - Small showed nice vision and patience. Wright showed a bit of juice. Not sure how Beckwith fits into this offense and he just doesn't look like a modern RB tbh, but he could be a nice weapon if he finds a niche and exploits it.

Hopefully Evans gets 100% and shows out. Otherwise it looks like a by-committee approach.
Well, now I have to go back and watch it. My impression was they did as well as last year. It was just the big exciting plays were passes.

Imagine having this take about Bailey... every time you successfully convince these readers you know football, you go and say something this stupid

Bailey doesn’t have a strong arm... that doesn’t mean he can’t become a hall of fame caliber QB just like having a strong arm doesn’t mean you will be successful. i laid out the criteria for you with QBs with Strong arms, if you can’t tell the difference in the way they throw the ball vs bailey then that is a you problem.

That’s not all of it. Nashville is the priority when it comes to getting funding from the politicians. We can argue as to why all day, but it happens. While I’m not affiliated with his party, the current mayor is a step up from what Memphis has had.

As to your second paragraph, I don’t agree at at all. One of (if not the wealthiest) the wealthiest zip codes in TN is in Shelby County. Also has the best public school in the state. You wouldn’t find this wealth here if there were no redeeming qualities.
That's a pretty big leap in logic. The wealth proves my point. They have all that money in taxes and can't figure out how to make the crappy parts not crappy. There are some ultra rich neighborhoods because of the old businesses that happened set up shop there, not because the city has done a good job managing anything. Anyone who says "there is so much money here so it's not a bad place" isn't having the same discussion I am.

He was going up against nobodies but it did seem like there are some things to work with there as either a limited contributor on field or at least as practice squad competition
but he was supposedly a nobody? Its not like he was a 4 or 5* coming out of high school. The kid made plays regardless

Why do I have a feeling that Hooker is QB1. Does nothing yesterday. Doesn’t really play the whole second half, but they bring him in after playing a walk-on at QB to run a 2 minute drill to end the game. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but that was a strange way to end the game. I thought the scrubs would end the game.

Why do I have a feeling that Hooker is QB1. Does nothing yesterday. Doesn’t really play the whole second half, but they bring him in after playing a walk-on at QB to run a 2 minute drill to end the game. Maybe I’m reading too much into it, but that was a strange way to end the game. I thought the scrubs would end the game.
No Bailey is QB1 now and forever always has been. For you to even question or utter a different opinion or word is honestly grounds for banishment straight to hell.

No Bailey is QB1 now and forever always has been. For you to even question or utter a different opinion or word is honestly grounds for banishment straight to hell.
Lol. Dang Hank 😂, I still don’t think Hooker is the starter. He is just not that good IMO. Bailey showed why he was a 5* QB and has obviously worked on and improved his release time. The on the run throw by Maurer to Jancek was a showcase of his athletic ability and Arm. If Maurer had it between the ears he would give Bailey a run for his money.

IMO as the order stands it is Bailey / Maurer / Hooker

That's a pretty big leap in logic. The wealth proves my point. They have all that money in taxes and can't figure out how to make the crappy parts not crappy. There are some ultra rich neighborhoods because of the old businesses that happened set up shop there, not because the city has done a good job managing anything. Anyone who says "there is so much money here so it's not a bad place" isn't having the same discussion I am.

The taxes paid from the wealth in the suburbs don’t go to the city of Memphis, however, the majority of the wealth comes from employment in the city of Memphis. So, if there were no redeeming qualities to the city, that wealth wouldn’t exist.

I get it. Everyone likes to crap on the city. Been happening since I stepped on campus at UT. There is a lot that goes into it, and some of the topics involved could get heated and not worth it here.

But the county, as a whole, is important to UT for several reasons, including the Medical School being located here. I don’t crap on Decatur County or Fentress County or Grundy County, so it mystifies me sometimes when Vol fans want to do it to others with Shelby County. I will leave it at that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back