Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel we are going to score a ton of points..... HB looked like he made better, quicker reads but I feel whoever the coach chooses will be successful.... defense was hard to tell with it being so vanilla and so many guys out.....I felt pakk looked decent.....Solon page looked extremely tiny out there.... DLine looked ok but when they did get through the line just stopped so sort of hard to tell on the pass rush....I felt the secondary did a decent job without a pass rush but had a couple big break downs....HB second touchdown to Velus Jones( I think) was a really cool looking play.
Thanks!

Reactions: volbeast33
Busted coverages? His HB TD throws were well covered and absolute dimes. Please stop with your agenda.
they may all be fine but HB is clearly QB1.
He played well, but that Velus Jones TD was a bust, but props to Bailey for making the easy pass. Even busts have not resulted in TDs over the past 4 years. Got to take what the defense gives you and he did, but I would hope any SEC QB could make that throw.

Busted coverages? His HB TD throws were well covered and absolute dimes. Please stop with your agenda.
they may all be fine but HB is clearly QB1.
I think we’re all secretly rooting for one QB or another. I’m happy HB showed out due to all the talk about sitting a year, changing mechanics, was only good in HS due to all the talent around him, blah, blah, blah....
He did have some talent around him and he also made talent around him in HS. Last year, w/o spring or summer camp due to Covid, we’re really looking at a true freshman that happened to play a few games at the end of the year with very little practice time. We should be excited we have options, adding Milton as well. But as of right now, all the HB nay sayers can #sand.

That’s interesting. I was born in Plano, and my parents grew up and were raised in Dallas. My Dad doesn’t want to ever go back to live in Dallas or the area- not the same. Years ago, he was given the opportunity to re-locate back to Dallas, Detroit, or take early retirement. He chose the latter. Been in Shelby County for 36 years.
I live in Frisco and I moved here when the population was about 20K and today the population is about 250K. PGA Tour of America is moving their headquarters about 5 miles from my house and Jerry Jones has his Worldwide Headquarters about 4 miles from my house. Football Dallas plays soccer in Frisco about 2 miles from my house. I'm in heaven and I haven't even died yet :):). The biggest factor is the low crime rate here compared to Memphis.

I live in Frisco and I moved here when the population was about 20K and today the population is about 250K. PGA Tour of America is moving their headquarters about 5 miles from my house and Jerry Jones has his Worldwide Headquarters about 4 miles from my house. Football Dallas plays soccer in Frisco about 2 miles from my house. I'm in heaven and I haven't even died yet :):). The biggest factor is the low crime rate here compared to Memphis.
I work at the Star. So I drive past your house on the way to mine in Frisco.

I think we are looking at Milton or Bailey starting in the Fall. If Milton gets similar command of the offense as Bailey, it will be him. If not, roll with Bailey. Hooker 3rd string. Salter behind him. Maurer transferring out. We aren't going to have a Heisman candidate at QB. Because of that, I think Salter will see an opportunity to take that job away next season and stay.

That's my prediction. Gonna be an interesting May.

Well, to be fair, my parents didn’t move to Memphis proper when my Dad was relocated. I grew up in a suburb. They still live there, and I now own a home and am raising 4 kids. Some of the best schools in the state. I just take a little offense to criticism of the whole county because we are all in it. I could probably have a party with a couple hundred Vol fans, and that’s just the ones I know.

I am a criminal defense attorney, so I guess it gives me business😀 Dallas metro has gotten too big for me, but I’m still a Cowboys fan because I grew up on it.

I think we are looking at Milton or Bailey starting in the Fall. If Milton gets similar command of the offense as Bailey, it will be him. If not, roll with Bailey. Hooker 3rd string. Salter behind him. Maurer transferring out. We aren't going to have a Heisman candidate at QB. Because of that, I think Salter will see an opportunity to take that job away next season and stay.

That's my prediction. Gonna be an interesting May.
We should know by May 1st transfer portal entry deadline. Interesting but lengthy article on the portal and how many players get played by it from SI:
Inside College Football's Recruiting Reckoning

Reactions: SweetasSoda
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back