Alexus Dye out of Troy commits

Taking a chance but when you have three players already for the same spot you usually just take the risk. Another player on board someone needs to transfer and be prepared to ride the bench. We already have four bench riders for the most part next season doubt we would make it five. If we do needs to be the entire bundle three point shooter and excellent ball and passing skills. That player was Lewis and she is going to Baylor.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I have a hard time believing that Horston won't be starting next year. She'll fill in at PG, but I think that she'll be the starting WF, with Suarez coming in behind her when she fills in for walker at the point.
Just going by last season she was sixth man off the bench so of course she could start a lot of players on this roster could.

Dye will be playing the 4 replacing KK mns not Davis. Dye is a major upgrade to KK. Even though KK battled and was a really good rebounder so is Dye. What Dye brings that KK couldn't is Athletic 4 that can stretch the D and drive and allows this team on D to trap more. Huge upgrade. Davis mns belong to Horston with Wynn backing her up and also spelling Rae.. Marta will have to work her tail off to keep Puckett from taking her mns as backup 4. Maybe Marta gets in enough shape to play wing but that is a stretch right now. In CHRIST Alone

Dye will be playing the 4 replacing KK mns not Davis. Dye is a major upgrade to KK. Even though KK battled and was a really good rebounder so is Dye. What Dye brings that KK couldn't is Athletic 4 that can stretch the D and drive and allows this team on D to trap more. Huge upgrade. Davis mns belong to Horston with Wynn backing her up and also spelling Rae.. Marta will have to work her tail off to keep Puckett from taking her mns as backup 4. Maybe Marta gets in enough shape to play wing but that is a stretch right now. In CHRIST Alone
Agree a lot of options at the two three either way you want to play it Burrell, Puckett, Wynn, Suarez, and even Horston for those positions.

I see Dye's arrival as Harper's answer to her lack of experience in the paint. Only Key and Green have enough playing experience for her to be comfortable, leaving inexperienced Suanders, Suarez, Striplin and Puckett as depth. That Dye is also a scorer and rebounder is just what the doctor ordered for the team. I also think she'll see time at the three when the matchup is favorable for her. Will she be too small for the post in the SEC? She wasn't too short against A&M and State. It'll be interesting to see.

I agree, KK was always force fit at the 4 and teams exploited her lack of mobility and the fact that she posed no threat from outside. She did as well as she could in that role--good passing, crashing the boards, and even beating some defenders off the dribble--but it was a suboptimal line-up. Dye looks to be a much better fit for that role.

Cardosa isn't going somewhere to come off the bench. She'll go someplace that needs a center, which would rule out Uconn, SC, and Tennessee.
There is no certainty that she would come off the bench anywhere she transferred. She would be as much able to grab a starting spot as anyone on almost any roster.

Cardosa isn't going somewhere to come off the bench. She'll go someplace that needs a center, which would rule out Uconn, SC, and Tennessee.
I agree with you to an extent of Us and SC but, I could still see her going to Uconn though as this would be Geno's way of motivating ONO. I could see ONO being benched in favor for Cardoso if she isn't performing like he wants her to.

I won't be surprised if Cardoso announces for UConn in the next day or so. It will be bad news for Ono but will make UConn the most talented teams in WCCB. If she chooses Auburn means she wants to be the center of attention otherwise it will be UConn.

Why not play Key with Cardoso if possible ?
Because they are both most effective under the basket. Playing together would create the same problem as KK/Key; clogs the middle too much.

If UConn hadn't gotten Dorka, I could see Kamila going there. If she goes there anyway, I can also see Dorka and ONO (and maybe DeBerry too) transferring right out.

Because they are both most effective under the basket. Playing together would create the same problem as KK/Key; clogs the middle too much.

If UConn hadn't gotten Dorka, I could see Kamila going there. If she goes there anyway, I can also see Dorka and ONO (and maybe DeBerry too) transferring right out.
It is going to be enough for those girls transfer out if Cardoso goes there. A lot of players go to UConn to ring chase (my words) and they don't like to lose (their words).

well she should be an asset to a team that will need as much scoring help as possible next year. Probably not the all world player many are posting, but seems
Ike a pretty good pickup. We will see how much difference it makes.

That's pretty much my take too. I think we have a lot of prisoners of the moment drooling from her last game which leads to some overstating her talent. She will help a lot with rebounding, and may provide some interior scoring. She only averaged about 16 points... at a mid-major... which still would have put her third on this team. Reading some of the takes here you would think she averaged 30. Shooting is ok, not great, for someone who never takes perimeter shots.

She also plays at arguably the team's deepest position and doesn't address their biggest deficiency...

That's pretty much my take too. I think we have a lot of prisoners of the moment drooling from her last game which leads to some overstating her talent. She will help a lot with rebounding, and may provide some interior scoring. She only averaged about 16 points... at a mid-major... which still would have put her third on this team. Reading some of the takes here you would think she averaged 30. Shooting is ok, not great, for someone who never takes perimeter shots.

She also plays at arguably the team's deepest position and doesn't address their biggest deficiency...
200w.gif

Dye scored zero points against Duke in her junior season. She may not score 20 + points against P5 competition every game but she isn't going to go scoreless either.

I see Dye's arrival as Harper's answer to her lack of experience in the paint. Only Key and Green have enough playing experience for her to be comfortable, leaving inexperienced Suanders, Suarez, Striplin and Puckett as depth. That Dye is also a scorer and rebounder is just what the doctor ordered for the team. I also think she'll see time at the three when the matchup is favorable for her. Will she be too small for the post in the SEC? She wasn't too short against A&M and State. It'll be interesting to see.

Early in the season Kellie plays everyone as many minutes as she can. It helps when you dominate your OOC schedule but Kellie also knows players need minutes and some of those need to be impact minutes. I love watching them early in the season as the reserves get game experience. Everyone gets chances to show what they can do. What I see Alexus doing is hitting that jump shot at the key and being a threat there that draws the defense outside freeing up Key or a wide open wing for a 3. Thats my hope anyway.

Last edited:

I disagree. As much as they need a PG, they need a replacement for Rennia's points and rebounds first. Alexus may not be Rennia, but of all the players on the team, she has the best chance of being able to replace as much of Davis' production. I don't think she's an all-world player and probably not going to be repeating Rennia's All-SEC recognition, but she's definitely got skills and the team will be much better with her on the team than without.

VN Store

Back