As long as Will Wade is still coaching the NCAA

The NCAA loves to come down hard on non blueblood teams. At this point Tennessee isn't a blueblood team and very well could be nailed hard.

Reactions: memtownvol
Sources: LSU, Will Wade Investigation Active With FBI

"Wade has kept his job through it all, with LSU’s most recent season ending Monday night in a second-round NCAA tournament loss to Michigan. He was suspended and reinstated in 2019, after the Yahoo Sports report about the wiretap regarding Smart."

Winning impacts a lot! Had Pruitt not lost to Ga State and BYU and not bottomed out last year, he would still be here!
Do you think Butch Jones would still be around had Tennessee went 7-5 in 2017?

Do you think Butch Jones would still be around had Tennessee went 7-5 in 2017?

With the structure of Administration then, absolutely! They didn't/couldn't tell that by the end of '15 he was not going to get it done!

The Administration doesn't care about winning, just money coming in and, they don't realize how much more $$$ would come in if we were winning and winning at a high level!

The NCAA loves to come down hard on non blueblood teams. At this point Tennessee isn't a blueblood team and very well could be nailed hard.
By that definition LSU should be crushed. Because they are by no means basketball royalty. Hell they just established themselves as football royalty the past decade or so.

I don't know how true it is, but I think it was Will West that said on the air that the NCAA wanted to impose sanctions on LSU for the infractions but were told to wait by the FBI until the federal investigation was wrapped up.

Reactions: JohnnyJava
So the speculation here is Pruitt and a couple of coaches paid some players to come to UT using cash. Those players are all gone and the coaches were fired. So we can't suspend the players or the coaches. In a sense we fired the coaches and got rid of the players.

In terms of timing, I think we had 6-7 players at a max for 2-3 years total. At a max we should forfeit the games from last year, accept as a max 6 scholarships reduced for no more than 2 years. I don't even think a bowl ban is warranted. Everyone involved with the scandal is no longer here. If this was another program, they would have suspended the coaches and players for a number of games.

Reactions: PA Vol
Correct me if I’m wrong but Wade got caught offering players $$ on the phone, freakin cornbread was overseeing his players getting McDonald’s bags full of cash. One of these things is not like the other 🤷🏻‍♂️

I have said this for roughly 6 months now. I would already have a 150 million dollar law suit ready to go if they brought penalties. If Kansas and LSU are not held accountable then no one should. Also, with even the information coming out on Georgia and Bama a month ago I would have even more reason to go that route.

Reactions: lukeneyland
They certainly do play favorites, but we probably make too much of "blueblood" status on here. The NCAA Committee on Infractions sanctioned USC's football program hard in 2009, and for what they were actually found guilty of, Ohio State football didn't get off easy in 2011 either. Also, LSU's basketball program is not exactly a "blueblood", but they are obviously being shielded from punishment. I don't think it's clear why some programs receive preferential treatment, unless it really is as simple as the personal connections of the NCAA's leadership (such as with NCAA President Mark Emmert's ties to LSU).

by the thread's title, I thought this would be one of those "complete this sentence" deals

As long as Will Wade is still coaching the NCAA...
anything goes, or so thought Pruitt.

LSU isn’t TN. We will get hammered.
I doubt it, because unless there is much more out there that we don't yet know about, it is hard to see how Tennessee can be found guilty of a lack of institutional control. The harshest penalties will be for the individual coaches involved.

Reactions: hog88

VN Store

Back