Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went through our roster and 2021 class on 247. Excluding the players who have graduated/transferred, I've got our 2021 Blue Chip ratio at 35%. Blue Chip ratio is probably the most reliable indicator of team talent, seeing that since recruiting rankings have been a thing, no team has ever won a championship with a Blue Chip ratio less that 50%.

Obviously, we aren't there, but as of 2020 only 15 teams made the cut. I can't find an expanded list of every team's blue chip ratios and how they rank, but I imagine we are in the top 25, considering the most recent 247 2020 Blue Chip article said we were around 40%, and that us and Oregon were the 2 teams most likely to break the 50% mark after the 2017 class departure and the 2021 class arrival.

So, do we currently have a solid roster with talent to work with? Absolutely. To suggest this roster is anywhere near as bad as pre-Butch or pre-Pruitt or (lawd) pre-Majors is absolutely ludicrous. Now, will we recruit well enough over the next few years to climb towards 50%? TBD. Personally, I think Heupel will recruit just fine if he puts an exciting product on the field this fall.

I just went through our roster and 2021 class on 247. Excluding the players who have graduated/transferred, I've got our 2021 Blue Chip ratio at 35%. Blue Chip ratio is probably the most reliable indicator of team talent, seeing that since recruiting rankings have been a thing, no team has ever won a championship with a Blue Chip ratio less that 50%.

Obviously, we aren't there, but as of 2020 only 15 teams made the cut. I can't find an expanded list of every team's blue chip ratios and how they rank, but I imagine we are in the top 25, considering the most recent 247 2020 Blue Chip article said we were around 40%, and that us and Oregon were the 2 teams most likely to break the 50% mark after the 2017 class departure and the 2021 class arrival.

So, do we currently have a solid roster with talent to work with? Absolutely. To suggest this roster is anywhere near as bad as pre-Butch or pre-Pruitt or (lawd) pre-Majors is absolutely ludicrous. Now, will we recruit well enough over the next few years to climb towards 50%? TBD. Personally, I think Heupel will recruit just fine if he puts an exciting product on the field this fall.

Smokeytom coming off the top rope with some facts on Kingstons head. lol

giphy.gif

I hear you but I keep coming to the fact that just about every one of those guys was recruited to play a completely different system. Plus, we were 3-7 and uncompetitive in most of our losses last year, and a good chunk of our best players left.

I really believe we will be scratching and clawing our way to 6 wins. I feel pretty good about 3 wins out of conference, and Vandy and USC, but after that I’m thinking it’s a crapshoot, with some utter beat downs from Florida, Bama and likely UGA headed our way...
Recruited to play a system they didn’t fit...in retrospect looking at the results. Competitive early and then gave up in the second half against UGA...that’s on coaching.

Honestly, I think Heupel will get us back to consistent 6-8 wins a year. I know we hear that year after year, but Heupel has showed that he cares more than Butch or Pruitt ever did, he seems like a genuine dude and honestly a coach I would want to play for. Take the orange tinted lenses off and you have to at least get to 5 wins, because there is no way any of those cupcakes are beating us, nor is Vandy or SC. This is a first year coach friendly schedule. I get that a lot of people are down right now due to recruiting, but it is what it is at this point due to the last few months. I’ve done my fair share of bitching, but let’s all give Coach a chance and see what he is made of.

Lastly, Heupel has the personality a university would want when facing possible sanctions.

We may only win 5 this year but that will be the least amount of wins he has here.

Please elaborate. I’m trying to figure out who has more talent than us than UF, Bama, and UGA.
It's more than just talent. When you look at our talent then look at the instability of our program, our situation is worse than every program bar Vandy. It doesn't matter that we have talented players, this isn't the PAC-12. Talent, depth, and continuity is what matters in this league among other things.

Please elaborate. I’m trying to figure out who has more talent than us than UF, Bama, and UGA.
You guys can continue to talk about the mythical talent level of our team until you're blue in the face. The fact of the matter is that talent is irrelevant unless it materializes as production on the field in games. Our team got whipped almost across the board on the field, and that has happened for many years now. Will Heupel's coaching staff waive a magic wand that suddenly radically changes the trajectory of production for virtually every position group on this team? Maybe, but it's highly unlikely.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back