Coming after Vitello

I'm not worried. I believe Danny White understands baseball can be big here AND be very profitable if given the proper attention. Randy Boyd is also a huge baseball guy so he'll see it through. TAMU has deep pockets, but so do we. Again, I've said it in other threads, but I think TV really likes it here and sees the vast potential of Tennessee Baseball. IMO, there isn't anything other schools have that we don't also have. The only question is if we will commit ourselves and I am confident we will.

Can you link where Vitello said this because it's my understanding he wants no part of an offsite stadium that would ruin the atmosphere of a big series like we had this weekend. Can't blame him...Vitello would be smart to walk if the uni easily came to that terrible idea.
Maybe they’ll put some nice orange and white checkerboard padding on the outfield wall and plant some nice shrubs around LNS. Surely that would entice CTV to stay.
GBO!!

I'm not worried. I believe Danny White understands baseball can be big here AND be very profitable if given the proper attention. Randy Boyd is also a huge baseball guy so he'll see it through. TAMU has deep pockets, but so do we. Again, I've said it in other threads, but I think TV really likes it here and sees the vast potential of Tennessee Baseball. IMO, there isn't anything other schools have that we don't also have. The only question is if we will commit ourselves and I am confident we will.
That’s the thing that worries me. I don’t know if Boyd realized the situation he would be facing in keeping other suitors away from our coach and the downtown stadium deal started before all the CTV noise. Will there be enough time, money and desire to start an on campus project parallel to a minor league facility project?
GBO!!

For those who NEVER want to play in an off campus facility (I personally would like to see a nice one on campus too) .....this is done in several larger city with large programs in several different sports and is ,by all estimation, a HUGE success. I'm not endorsing it mind you....just reminding us this has been a successful arrangement at other places.

For those who NEVER want to play in an off campus facility (I personally would like to see a nice one on campus too) .....this is done in several larger city with large programs in several different sports and is ,by all estimation, a HUGE success. I'm not endorsing it mind you....just reminding us this has been a successful arrangement at other places.
What other big time programs do it? Trying to think of some but can't off the top of my head.

Names of programs please.

That would suck to play SEC series off campus and Vitello has stated he would rather play on campus. Hopefully we don't screw it up and play at an offsite park.

Arkansas stadium may be on “campus” but it’s a long way from everything else in Fayetteville.

Where, because it really hasnt been. Maybe a one off tournament or cool series, but most schools have a stadium on campus.

Reactions: Y9 Vol and Bigun
Anyone hear Bill King this morning. Buddy said he caught the end of his comments about someone coming after CTV. Just wondered who it might be. I'm guessing we will need to add money and the promise of a new, or improved stadium. Thanks for any info.

LSU coach is on the hot seat.

Full disclosure I really don’t follow college baseball as a whole but do when the vols are competitive... with that said, what kind of return on investment does baseball have in college baseball? Good, bad, break even? Reason I ask is, would a large commitment to Coach V and baseball be realistic accounting the return?

Reactions: Border Vol
Full disclosure I really don’t follow college baseball as a whole but do when the vols are competitive... with that said, what kind of return on investment does baseball have in college baseball? Good, bad, break even? Reason I ask is, would a large commitment to Coach V and baseball be realistic accounting the return?

Tony Vitello makes $460,000 as the head coach. That’s an absurdly low cost. We could make him one of the highest paid coaches in all of college baseball and not even have to break $1,000,000 which is chump change.

The ROI is not as high as basketball or football obviously, but you can easily break even or turn a small profit if you play your cards right. And why would we not do that for a coach who will win us championships one day? Take same money from the trash football program if we have to.

Tony Vitello makes $460,000 as the head coach. That’s an absurdly low cost. We could make him one of the highest paid coaches in all of college baseball and not even have to break $1,000,000 which is chump change.

The ROI is not as high as basketball or football obviously, but you can easily break even or turn a small profit if you play your cards right. And why would we not do that for a coach who will win us championships one day? Take same money from the trash football program if we have to.
He’s between $580k and $640k today. He was set to make $580k last year and max out at $640k by the end of his extension in 2024. He signed a new deal after the 2019 regional.

Vol fan in the heart of Aggieland here. I have seen a number of posts on some Aggie message boards expressing interest in Vitello. With Tennessee coming here this weekend, they are interested in seeing him up close. Hope Tennessee does what they to keep him in Knoxville. GBO!

Vitello makes more than $460k now. Fulmer gave him a raise and extension in 2019. Bumper him to $580k last year, and I presume he makes over $600k now. I certainly think they need to compensate him accordingly, but I think Corbin only makes $1.3. I also think Vitello appears more interested in facility upgrades, which helps him continue his success and thus, keep everyone happy. I would think you would eventually see a salary north of $800k and put incentives in it. He would probably clear close to $1 million if he reaches the reasonable goals.

Where, because it really hasnt been. Maybe a one off tournament or cool series, but most schools have a stadium on campus.
Just a couple that come to mind on the top of the head...Miami, UCLA, Washington, Oregon and I'm sure there's several more. It's been done successfully already. NOW...I am in agreement with yall...I want it on campus...I just like good information.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back