2023 Recruiting

To be honest, there are over 300 programs that would be really excited with the LV 2021 class. There are more than a few posters here that are justifiably disappointed that the class doesn't live up to LV standards. Most of those do not realize the damage that was done to the LV image during HW's last few years. For example, #1 pick Mercedes Russell improved very little in relation to her peers. But when she got a change in coaching (WNBA) she improved dramatically. That reflected on HW and LV coaching. You all know other examples that would make young players discount LV basketball. KJH is changing the LV image. Rennia going early in the WNBA draft is changing the LV image. Justine Pissott (4.5 stars in Prospect nation the same ranking as Lauren Betts, Maya Nnaji, and KK Bransford) is a great get and IMO there are more on the way. It is a common fact that the easiest way to sound like an expert is to find a criticism and expound on it. There are many of these 'experts' throughout sports. I hear them all the time. But what they don't realize is their attitude and actions help maintain the status quo they berate. To me, as an outsider, the future of LV Basketball is bright and becoming brighter by the day.

Jada Harrison is really good. WATCHED Tennessee kids in Alabama today. Madi Hawk is great player and shooter. Watched Jada put up 16 on ky Premier Madi had 12 on flight. Saw Madi Hawk put up 16 against a FBC team. Solid Tennessee girls.

Madi Hawk is legit and the great thing is she WANTS to be a Lady Vol Iol I know the moment Coach offers I bet she commits

Need to get them first. Sounds like Hawk would accept an offer in a heartbeat, so that's a promising start.
I really don't think this staff will recruit Hawk. I've watched her she can go. She tuff quick and can shoot really good. I think she alot like Kelly was a high iq kid. I just don't think she is what Kelly looking for.

I really don't think this staff will recruit Hawk. I've watched her she can go. She tuff quick and can shoot really good. I think she alot like Kelly was a high iq kid. I just don't think she is what Kelly looking for.

if she's a lot like Kellie and we won a NC with Kellie and ... ????

wasn't knocking Coach K ,,,just the logic
I'm not knocking her either, Pat recruited some home town tuff kids. That was definitely Kelly Tennessee has went away from that. Them kids go on have great careers elsewhere. I am just saying Tennessee and us wants flashy high ranked players. Hawk isn't either so they will not recruit her. I know she ranked 13 by bluestar. But not even close to what Tennessee looking at.

Reactions: mcannon1
I'm not knocking her either, Pat recruited some home town tuff kids. That was definitely Kelly Tennessee has went away from that. Them kids go on have great careers elsewhere. I am just saying Tennessee and us wants flashy high ranked players. Hawk isn't either so they will not recruit her. I know she ranked 13 by bluestar. But not even close to what Tennessee looking at.
Madi at #13 is ranked higher than any player Kellie has successfully recruited. I don't see why she would be considered a "settle", unless Kellie can get someone better from the '22 or '23 classes.

Kellie is doing a great job recruiting as of now. She has offered some top elite players in 22 and 23. I know of 1 24 she has offered. Now getting them is the key. #13 in bluestar is a big deal those kids can flat ball. Hawk will get her chance at TN

VN Store

Back