Lady Vols Softball

What do you and 67 do in between lady vol losses?? Just wondering

Can’t speak for 67 but I watch other teams that actually work with their pitchers, work with their hitters and don’t panic and pull their pitchers when the defense doesn’t do it’s part.

You’re just another vol fan that enjoys getting sunshine pumped up your tailpipe. Our pitching won’t get us out of a regional. Offense has life at times but inconsistent. Defense is better.
Instead of being offended, prove me wrong that the Weeklys have done less with more.

Do you actually watch softball across the country or just have your head up the Weeklys pipes? Just wondering.

Last edited:
Since when is it controversial to say the Weeklys do less with more? It’s been true for years and I can assure you everyone outside of Knoxville knows it. It gets talked about regularly in the softball world, especially by fans of the SEC teams. I mean...they did blow a NC with the most dominant pitcher in NCAA history. Not sure why one would take exception with a statement that’s so obviously true, but we’re talking about a fan base that has carried water for coaches like Holly Warlick and Butch Jones.

A HC change is badly needed or the program will stay at the level its at now. Have a winning season, due to playing a lot of cupcake OoC games, go to regionals, make super regional every 3 yrs and season over. Rinse and repeat next season. Just seams obvious to me but of course saying this just makes me a negavol.

Reactions: tim and WizardofOz
Can’t speak for 67 but I watch other teams that actually work with their pitchers, work with their hitters and don’t panic and pull their pitchers when the defense doesn’t do it’s part.

You’re just another vol fan that enjoys getting sunshine pumped up your tailpipe. Our pitching won’t get us out of a regional. Offense has life at times but inconsistent. Defense is better.
Instead of being offended, prove me wrong that the Weeklys have done less with more.

Do you actually watch softball across the country or just have your head up the Weeklys pipes? Just wondering.

Don't you think our coaches work with our players? No, I'm not a sunshine pumper, but I'm going to support the people who chose this profession as professionals and the student-athletes who chose to come here and play. The weeklys see a weakness and go about fixing it they always have. In this thread, it has been discussed how the history of recruiting has changed and how the weeklys changed with it, and that will pay off in a few years. I'm pretty connected to the softball world, so I know what is going on, but most of yall show up when we lose and don't read the thread, so you wouldn't know.

Don't you think our coaches work with our players? No, I'm not a sunshine pumper, but I'm going to support the people who chose this profession as professionals and the student-athletes who chose to come here and play. The weeklys see a weakness and go about fixing it they always have. In this thread, it has been discussed how the history of recruiting has changed and how the weeklys changed with it, and that will pay off in a few years. I'm pretty connected to the softball world, so I know what is going on, but most of yall show up when we lose and don't read the thread, so you wouldn't know.

So, you’re willing to wait a few years? Why? Other programs have faced the same challenges and have overcome those. Why hasn’t ours?
If you are so connected as you tout, you’d know better.
I show up and read the threads. Just because one doesn’t feel the need to comment all the time doesn’t mean they aren’t following or a negavol.
Just because they choose coaching as a profession doesn’t mean they get blind obedience and endless chances. If that’s the case, CHW got screwed, big time.

Reactions: WizardofOz
So, you’re willing to wait a few years? Why? Other programs have faced the same challenges and have overcome those. Why hasn’t ours?
I show up and read the threads. Just because one doesn’t feel the need to comment all the time doesn’t mean they aren’t following or a negavol.
Just because they choose coaching as a profession doesn’t mean they get blind obedience and endless chances. If that’s the case, CHW got screwed, big time.

You only feel the need to comment when they lose though?? I'm connected and only in the softball "fans" world are the weeklys seen as not doing a good job. You probably read that terrible forum on ultimate college softball....Recruiting is changing but the weeklys weren't going to turn their back on certain travel programs with commits from recruits and leave a bad taste with certain coaches if they said thanks but no thanks

She thinks she’s the arbiter of this forum. The bottom line is the Weekly’s are lame duck coaches going into next year. Ralph is to old to get another contract, so the question remains will Karen be given a contract by herself? My opinion is she does not have the right personality for the recruiting wars and seems that the players live in fear of making a mistake instead of playing loose. It will be interesting to see which route the new AD goes?

Well I’m going to have to watch on delay tonight. It doesn’t look good on paper with our secondary pitchers but maybe tonight is the night someone steps up in SEC play. Hopefully Ally will be back but none the less we have to have better at bats. Still should have the firepower to beat SC which made last night disappointing. Go Vols!!

Reactions: MS_LdyVols_fan
You only feel the need to comment when they lose though?? I'm connected and only in the softball "fans" world are the weeklys seen as not doing a good job. You probably read that terrible forum on ultimate college softball....Recruiting is changing but the weeklys weren't going to turn their back on certain travel programs with commits from recruits and leave a bad taste with certain coaches if they said thanks but no thanks

Why would I give any criticism when they are winning? If they are winning, it usually means most things are going well.

Well I’m going to have to watch on delay tonight. It doesn’t look good on paper with our secondary pitchers but maybe tonight is the night someone steps up in SEC play. Hopefully Ally will be back but none the less we have to have better at bats. Still should have the firepower to beat SC which made last night disappointing. Go Vols!!
Bender and Turner were better last year. Someone really needs to step up for sure.

Reactions: kregman

If you’re that connected to the softball world, then you know there are big time travel ball coaches that advise their players and their players’ parents to not come here, due to lack of player development and also because of how many players have been treated through the years.

It is what it is. In the past it’s been mostly overlooked because we still managed to be successful but now that we have clearly fallen off it should be addressed.

If you’re that connected to the softball world, then you know there are big time travel ball coaches that advise their players and their players’ parents to not come here, due to lack of player development and also because of how many players have been treated through the years.

It is what it is. In the past it’s been mostly overlooked because we still managed to be successful but now that we have clearly fallen off it should be addressed.
And how have they been treated?

Haha disgruntled parents gotta love them...and lack of development? Please you can only push players as hard as they want to be pushed.....coaches should not be holding hands of players to bring them along

Haha disgruntled parents gotta love them...and lack of development? Please you can only push players as hard as they want to be pushed.....coaches should not be holding hands of players to bring them along
this i agree with. you can’t make a player who don’t wanna put in the effort get better, it just won’t happen.

Actually I’m pretty dialed in and the Weeklys are never mentioned when good coaches are discussed. I don’t read other forums I watch games and keep up with who they recruit and sign. I’m pretty familiar with their signees, we usually see them all summer.

Since when is it controversial to say the Weeklys do less with more? It’s been true for years and I can assure you everyone outside of Knoxville knows it. It gets talked about regularly in the softball world, especially by fans of the SEC teams. I mean...they did blow a NC with the most dominant pitcher in NCAA history. Not sure why one would take exception with a statement that’s so obviously true, but we’re talking about a fan base that has carried water for coaches like Holly Warlick and Butch Jones.
I agree with this to a point and accountability and results starts and ends with the HC (coaches). This year too much stress on Ashley but hitting hasn’t helped with the lack of depth in the circle. The game and landscape changed in the SEC but they did not. Too many misses in recruiting while letting too many kids leave the state. The name carries weight with state kids and that is where they’ve missed the mark.

Accurate to an extent. I do know teams that are top tier are not in talks with the staff for many reasons but the biggest one is the emergence of other programs that bumped Tennessee down the pipeline list.

There is also something to be said for the treatment of players but it goes both ways. I know two players recently that was with the team, one wanted to leave after her freshman year and one shown early on how it would end and departed. Both at different times but similar experience. Some kids have a hard time looking at the coach as the coach and not the nice recruiter who made them feel good about everything.

I agree with this to a point and accountability and results starts and ends with the HC (coaches). This year too much stress on Ashley but hitting hasn’t helped with the lack of depth in the circle. The game and landscape changed in the SEC but they did not. Too many misses in recruiting while letting too many kids leave the state. The name carries weight with state kids and that is where they’ve missed the mark.

Agreed!! Which we have talked about in this thread....it will start paying off in a few years with who they're recruiting

Reactions: Majors

VN Store

Back