Vols Kicker?

TnAngler

U.S. Army, Retired
I may be incorrect but didn’t I see where our kicker left? If this is the case, any idea on who will be replacing him? I know that the kicker is not typically a major discussion point but we need all the points we can get, based on past decade of play. Thanks for replies.

Good question, I know we had that walk on come in and kick a couple of extra points last season. Cant remember his name though.

Reactions: TnAngler
I may be incorrect but didn’t I see where our kicker left? If this is the case, any idea on who will be replacing him? I know that the kicker is not typically a major discussion point but we need all the points we can get, based on past decade of play. Thanks for replies.

Here’s a link that has Mike Ekeler briefly responding to a question about our kickers and punters. (Further into the interview)

I don't know if he left for playing time or what, but he was a Management major. GT is probably one of the best places he could have landed for that.
I guess I can understand that, but even with a coaching change I thought the timing was weird. He had a rough year last, but I still think he should’ve been 1st team all SEC in 2019 ahead of that sociopath Hot Rod.

Reactions: feathersax
39 Toby Wilson Jr. Brentwood, Tenn. Brentwood Academy
41 JT Carver Fr. Martin, Tenn. Westview
42 Chase McGrath Sr. Newport Beach, Calif. Mater Dei (Grad transfer from USC)
43 Marshall Ware So. Germantown, Tenn. Germantown
37 Paxton Brooks Sr. Lexington, S.C. Airport (Starting punter, but can also PK)

Wilson, Carver (preferred), and Ware are all walk-ons. Wilson kicked some at the end of last season when Cimaglia was injured. He kicked the whole VU game. McGrath is a grad transfer from USC (Cal) and has some experience. He was a 3 star. If I recall, I think Brooks does the kick off work so he may be the long ball hitter.

We won't need kickers. TDs and 2pt tries. Then onside kicks. D only needs to make a couple stops a game.

Don't much care who the kicker is, long as he (assume we still have a male at this position) can:

1. Kick our extra points with 100% efficacy
2. Put the kickoffs in the end zone 100% of the time (well, at least he'll get a chance ONCE a game...)
3. Learn to tackle kick off returners with a VENGEANCE, as Vengeance is mine said the Lord...

Still makes no sense why Brent Cimaglia would transfer. Did he think he was gonna “kick gooder” somewhere else?

Only thing I hope we kick is ass!

Reactions: OrangeSquid
Grab one off a fraternity couch!

Cimaglia leaving is still a mystery to me. Why would you leave to go to Georgia Tech as a senior?
Still makes no sense why Brent Cimaglia would transfer. Did he think he was gonna “kick gooder” somewhere else?
Think it has more to do with life after kicking. Let’s be honest, a degree from GT opens a lot more doors in the business world than one from UT (or pretty much anywhere else in the South).

VN Store

Back