'22 FL SDE Venson Sneed (Indiana commit)

Oh, my bad, we beat out Indiana, Marshall and Kentucky for him. Definitely a step up from FAU.
You left out Iowa State, who just so happened to finish in the AP top 10 last year, but I wouldn't expect you to care about facts when it comes to a recruit you don't like. But even using the teams you mentioned....Indiana finished #12 in the AP last year, Marshall finished with 1 vote for the top 25 and Kentucky stomped a mud hole in Tennessee last year (granted JG helped with that).

All of that is to say that each of those schools that were recruiting Sneed are in a better place than Tennessee right now.

Come back when you have a better argument for him not being a decent recruit with a good upside.

The type of recruit CJH and staff will probably fill a lot of the class with in that he is a 5.7 that could be a 4* after evals of his senior season. Develop for a season and work him into the rotation. Looks big, strong and physical - so he fits for SDE. Welcome to the BO family, Venson.

14764359585920_e4d317-gta5-2016-05-04-00-14-09-05.jpg

Reactions: Vols4us
This is a "culture" recruit that makes tons of sense to bring in at this point. He has physical tools that give him potential to contribute if he develops physically. But until then he is going to be a positive impact on his teammates with the way he approaches practices, workouts and games.

The type of recruit CJH and staff will probably fill a lot of the class with in that he is a 5.7 that could be a 4* after evals of his senior season. Develop for a season and work him into the rotation. Looks big, strong and physical - so he fits for SDE. Welcome to the BO family, Venson.
Based on the article in the football forum and what little I've gleaned by reading... he's a 6'5" 250 lb kid that will EE and be around 285 by August. By the time he gets to his optimum size he'll be around 300 and a solid player... if not better.

The article quoting one of his coaches is very, very encouraging. Guys who are 6'5" and have high motors... aren't common.

We need all the help we can get at the moment. I don't know why anyone would be disappointed, it's not like we are reasonably going to be in position to poach recruits from Bama anytime soon.

Reactions: vols 30
This is a "culture" recruit that makes tons of sense to bring in at this point. He has physical tools that give him potential to contribute if he develops physically. But until then he is going to be a positive impact on his teammates with the way he approaches practices, workouts and games.
Just like Salter? Sorry , have to play devil’s advocate. Salter also portrayed himself very well in HS.

We need all the help we can get at the moment. I don't know why anyone would be disappointed, it's not like we are reasonably going to be in position to poach recruits from Bama anytime soon.

Agree. I'm satisfied with the first 2 commits. Those who are upset seem to forget where UT is at right now

VN Store

Back