Happy when Dawn Staley is not

They expect people to kiss their a** and we’re just not going to do it.
There are several members on VolNation who identify themselves as Tennessee fans, but still kiss the a$$es of South Carolina fans anyway. Relatively speaking, SC is a Johnny come lately. Their fans act like women's college basketball began when they hired Dawn Staley.

The post which I was replying to, specifically said that Tennessee had "a long way to go to be competitive" with the best teams in the SEC, including South Carolina. I didn't claim that Tennessee was better than South Carolina, or that they even win a majority of the time they play (because they don't). However, it is ridiculous for someone to come to a Tennessee fan forum and suggest that the Lady Vols aren't even "competitive" with South Carolina, since Tennessee beat them less than two months ago. I was just pointing that out. If you want to kiss the butts of South Carolina fans on here? Then go ahead. It's your lack of dignity.... not mine.

... And it's still 8-1!

Hell of a post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
source.gif

There are several members on VolNation who identify themselves as Tennessee fans, but still kiss the a$$es of South Carolina fans anyway. Relatively speaking, SC is a Johnny come lately. Their fans act like women's college basketball began when they hired Dawn Staley.

DAMN!....This is some good ship...
PxBq.gif

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
sometimes it baffles me that you call yourself a tennessee fan because you jump at the first chance to degrade them- get a hobby.
As I’ve said before. Take off the orange colored glasses and be real. We beat usce when it didn’t count. We lost when it did. I love the Vols. Graduation in 95. If post real data.

Reactions: shiverz
On prospect nation her recruits are 2, 8, 13, and 55. On Blue Star they are 6, 13, 16, 32.
Compare that to UConn who is 1, 3, 6, 9 on Prospect Nation and 1,4,7,11 on Blue Star.
Hoop Gurlz is just one opinion site although it is the most common reference.

Dawn gets shade for comments like, "It was the ball." A coach blaming the ball for a loss is a first for me. Who ever has put up a we're #1 banner and putting Aja in bronze. As far as being a good coach, in what universe does Aaliyah Boston average 11 shots a game and at least 30% of those shot were because of her own offensive rebounds and not in game planning. Most players have what is referred to as a sophomore bump where they improve dramatically over their freshman year. All of Aaliyah's numbers went down except for minutes her sophomore year. Excellent recruiter but coach, not so much.

says the UConn fan....meanwhile the conns keep underperforming based upon their talent, I guess that’s not Geno’s issue anymore though.

Under Dawn Staley, South Carolina has made 3 Final Fours and won 1 National Championship. In Pat Summitt's last 8 seasons (which were far from her best years - she was dying), Tennessee made 3 Final Fours and won 2 National Championships. Hell, Texas A&M has won just many National Championships as South Carolina has. There is no reason for a Tennessee fan to be enamored with Dawn Staley. Some of the stuff posted on here about her is nauseating.

On prospect nation her recruits are 2, 8, 13, and 55. On Blue Star they are 6, 13, 16, 32.
Compare that to UConn who is 1, 3, 6, 9 on Prospect Nation and 1,4,7,11 on Blue Star.
Hoop Gurlz is just one opinion site although it is the most common reference.

Dawn gets shade for comments like, "It was the ball." A coach blaming the ball for a loss is a first for me. Who ever has put up a we're #1 banner and putting Aja in bronze. As far as being a good coach, in what universe does Aaliyah Boston average 11 shots a game and at least 30% of those shot were because of her own offensive rebounds and not in game planning. Most players have what is referred to as a sophomore bump where they improve dramatically over their freshman year. All of Aaliyah's numbers went down except for minutes her sophomore year. Excellent recruiter but coach, not so much.

Funny you bring that up and since you’re always comparing “classes” per these bogus scouting sites whose known to be biased towards players who attend their camps and events. Ask those same evaluators how they feel now after watching them play head to head? I really wish I could’ve saw how Rivers had Ducharme ankles sliding all over the place or how Feagin schooled DeBerry every time she got the ball. But y’all insist on believing these “sites” Lmaooo I swear I get a laugh from you every time I get on here.

Under Dawn Staley, South Carolina has made 3 Final Fours and won 1 National Championship. In Pat Summitt's last 8 seasons (which were far from her best years - she was dying), Tennessee made 3 Final Fours and won 2 National Championships. Hell, Texas A&M has won just many National Championships as South Carolina has. There is no reason for a Tennessee fan to be enamored with Dawn Staley. Some of the stuff posted on here about her is nauseating.

06272011_Gold_article.jpg

says the UConn fan....meanwhile the conns keep underperforming based upon their talent, I guess that’s not Geno’s issue anymore though.

Just the facts man, just the facts. Let me analyze your statement. UConn and SCAR both exited the national championship at the same point. So if your comment opines that UConn underperformed while SCAR did not, then you have made a tacit point that UConn is the better team. And on that point we agree.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Funny you bring that up and since you’re always comparing “classes” per these bogus scouting sites whose known to be biased towards players who attend their camps and events. Ask those same evaluators how they feel now after watching them play head to head? I really wish I could’ve saw how Rivers had Ducharme ankles sliding all over the place or how Feagin schooled DeBerry every time she got the ball. But y’all insist on believing these “sites” Lmaooo I swear I get a laugh from you every time I get on here.

Your ignorance is typical of SCAR supporters. You support hoopgurlz as independent and other sites as biased because they push players who attend their camps. ESPN rankings are provided by Premier Basketball and I quote "Premier Basketball is a basketball tournament, scouting, and recruiting service that helps connect youth boys and girls basketball players with college scouts" They are the same type of group you denigrated. Are you laughing now? Why don't you go and polish your Aja statue.

Just the facts man, just the facts. Let me analyze your statement. UConn and SCAR both exited the national championship at the same point. So if your comment opines that UConn underperformed while SCAR did not, then you have made a tacit point that UConn is the better team. And on that point we agree.
Looking at the two Final Four games SC lost by 1 point to the overall 1 seed. UConn, the overall number two 1 seed, lost by double digits to a 3 seed. Arizona led for most of the game. Any objective observer would have to say Uconn underperformed. Whether SC did or not is up for debate but no doubt Uconn underperformed in their biggest game of the season (tourney included). Just the facts man, just the facts.

Reactions: Bret178
Looking at the two Final Four games SC lost by 1 point to the overall 1 seed. UConn, the overall number two 1 seed, lost by double digits to a 3 seed. Arizona led for most of the game. Any objective observer would have to say Uconn underperformed. Whether SC did or not is up for debate but no doubt Uconn underperformed in their biggest game of the season (tourney included). Just the facts man, just the facts.
Syllogistic logic based upon assumption and presumption therefore not factual. You assume the two opponents were equal and presented the same matchup issues. It is entirely possible that if the opponents were reversed that UConn and SCAR would have both won in the semifinal round and faced each other in the finals or not. Nevertheless, despite your ability to use bold letters, your position is flawed.

Also your argument then does assert, as your co-SCAR fan, that UConn is the better team.

Last edited:
Syllogistic logic based upon assumption and presumption therefore not factual. You assume the two opponents were equal and presented the same matchup issues. It is entirely possible that if the opponents were reversed that UConn and SCAR would have both won in the semifinal round and faced each other in the finals or not. Nevertheless, despite your ability to use bold letters, your position is flawed.

Also your argument then does assert, as your co-SCAR fan, that UConn is the better team.
Whatever floats your boat man. Typical arrogant Uconn fan!

Your ignorance is typical of SCAR supporters. You support hoopgurlz as independent and other sites as biased because they push players who attend their camps. ESPN rankings are provided by Premier Basketball and I quote "Premier Basketball is a basketball tournament, scouting, and recruiting service that helps connect youth boys and girls basketball players with college scouts" They are the same type of group you denigrated. Are you laughing now? Why don't you go and polish your Aja statue.

Where in that statement did I say only support Premier and that they’re the only scouting service that should be trusted??? They’re all a SCAM! Recruiting rankings are always political which is why I’m never surprised to see a 79th or 85th player excel at the next level. I still see you peddled around my question lol... honestly the rankings are meaningless I rather see who does what on the court. So far it looks as if SC’s class is the superior at least what everyone saw last week. Of course Fudd didn’t play but neither did Johnson. She was too busy nearly putting up a quadruple double and leading her to a Geico National Championship.

You don’t win Championships if you’re not a good in-game coach!
She won a National Championship (singular) in 2017 with a lot of talent and a favorable draw in the NCAA Tournament. South Carolina caught a huge break when Mississippi State upset UConn in the national semifinals. South Carolina had lost by 11 points earlier in the season to UConn, and they would have lost again had they played them in the Championship Game. Hell, South Carolina couldn't even beat Tennessee that season (at home).

I promise it's nothing personal. LOL. I don't think she is a good in-game coach. Of course, you are free to disagree.

VN Store

Back