Maurer emerging as QB1?

Because he redshirted at some point in time i would assume. He played in 8 games his freshman year but 4 games in his sophomore year due to injury. It may be possible he was granted a medical redshirt for his sophomore year is only thing I could guess.
He wasn’t redshirted. He still has it available. A medical redshirt is a regular redshirt with a medical designation. It ups the odds of being approved for an EXTRA season if you’re injured and lose another. I’ve seen many players over many rosters designated as redshirts who’ve never utilized it. Maybe it’s how they’re keeping track.

He’s 205. I personally don’t want him over 215 because of his playing style but I’m not his coach
If Mauer gains 10-15lbs it will be to his benefit. Especially if he's trying to lower the boom 😂

Last edited:
For those who don't follow this guy on Twitter, I'm sorry. I wish I could tell you who he is but I have no idea. All I can tell you is he posts a lot of very insightful things about Tennessee and I don't mean rumor mill type stuff... I mean X's and O's mean and potatoes type stuff. Whoever this guy is he knows football and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's got some connections on the hill.

54xitt.jpg

Doesn’t matter Maurer will get hurt. He’s never healthy. Also a head case and will force awful throws.

Because he redshirted at some point in time i would assume. He played in 8 games his freshman year but 4 games in his sophomore year due to injury. It may be possible he was granted a medical redshirt for his sophomore year is only thing I could guess.
You may be right but still wouldn’t make sense in a year with no impact on eligibility. Who knows

He’s similar in size and ability to Drew Breeze.[/QUOT
Drew is one of my all time favorite qbs but drew is about 3-4 inches shorter. Throwing motions are completely different and I don’t think drew has ever been a runner. I use Brees as a teaching prototype for mechanics and truthfully I put Bailey more in his comparison
agreed. Maurer isn’t relatable to Drew... Maurer is at a perfect weight range at 205-210 and has better scrambling ability.

Reactions: 1vol8
Pruitt's doghouse holds little to no weight with me now... I'm pulling for Maurer if for no other reason to know that quite a few arm chair Heisman winners on here are going to look quite foolish....
This! I got sick of people saying this you ng man didn't have talent when it was obvious he did. I'm pulling for him

Doesn’t matter Maurer will get hurt. He’s never healthy. Also a head case and will force awful throws.
Head case? You speak as if you “know” what his issues are and how to handle them. He’s not a “head case” at all. If he were he’d have given up long before now. Instead what you’re seeing is the exact opposite. He’s a competitor. The type of competitor every team needs at every position but especially at qb. This entire fan base wrote him off. He stayed and completed. His own coach wrote him off in favor of personal agenda. He stayed and competed. They sign a 5* qb in his following class. He stayed and competed. They take a transfer with starting power 5 experience and success and he stayed and competed. If that’s your idea of a head case, then give me the head case on my team all day long because with that type of competitiveness, you’re never out of a game. Let me make this as clear as I possibly can..... YOU are the type of fan he was talking to with his controversial tweet. Not the majority.

Someone spending a lot of time trying to make a below average QB look good. i'm guessing some nerd who spent time editing film while in school @ UT and made friends with Maurer and now feels obliged to speak his praises. I think most everyone besides this joker and a few outspoken VN members knows Maurer is QB3.

Reactions: irish1485
Someone spending a lot of time trying to make a below average QB look good. i'm guessing some nerd who spent time editing film while in school @ UT and made friends with Maurer and now feels obliged to speak his praises. I think most everyone besides this joker and a few outspoken VN members knows Maurer is QB3.
Don’t think you’re not one of the ones that everyone will remember if he wins the job. 😕

Head case? You speak as if you “know” what his issues are and how to handle them. He’s not a “head case” at all. If he were he’d have given up long before now. Instead what you’re seeing is the exact opposite. He’s a competitor. The type of competitor every team needs at every position but especially at qb. This entire fan base wrote him off. He stayed and completed. His own coach wrote him off in favor of personal agenda. He stayed and competed. They sign a 5* qb in his following class. He stayed and competed. They take a transfer with starting power 5 experience and success and he stayed and competed. If that’s your idea of a head case, then give me the head case on my team all day long because with that type of competitiveness, you’re never out of a game. Let me make this as clear as I possibly can..... YOU are the type of fan he was talking to with his controversial tweet. Not the majority.
Thanks Brian. Please no picks in the endzone this year and learn to slide.

That you, Brian? He's 205 in pads.
It’s Brian or his relative or friend 18 in the username is no coincidence. Brian is a below average QB who has more interest in Twitter and being a “hype man” per say. And what’s with all the creep heart emojis and blowing kiss emojis he used to send to recruits? Weird.

Speaking of JG , he is heating up according to the headline.

Jarrett Guarantano heating up in WSU spring football, flashes arm strength
For I’ve said before, watch out. I’ve said it would be our luck if he is in the top 5 of the heisman race before it is over. I wouldn’t believe it though. It is the luck of Tennessee players that moves on and plays well after wards. Just look at the nfl in the past 4 years. These guys that went has played and has picked up their game. What’s up with that? Our luck, right?🤔🤔

For I’ve said before, watch out. I’ve said it would be our luck if he is in the top 5 of the heisman race before it is over. I wouldn’t believe it though. It is the luck of Tennessee players that moves on and plays well after wards. Just look at the nfl in the past 4 years. These guys that went has played and has picked up their game. What’s up with that? Our luck, right?🤔🤔

You've also proclaimed in every pre-season that UT couldn't do worse than 9 wins in the upcoming season, and would most likely get 10+ wins.

You're like 0/987 in your predictions at this point.

Is this the one you are going to try and hang your hat on?

VN Store

Back