Maurer emerging as QB1?

bpalmer28

For those who don't follow this guy on Twitter, I'm sorry. I wish I could tell you who he is but I have no idea. All I can tell you is he posts a lot of very insightful things about Tennessee and I don't mean rumor mill type stuff... I mean X's and O's mean and potatoes type stuff. Whoever this guy is he knows football and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's got some connections on the hill.

I've been on the Bailey wagon for over a year now but I will say this... If BM wins the job he's earned himself a new "biggest fan". To stick with us through uncertainty and keep competing after the signing of a 5-star QB in 2020 and accepting a QB transfer who started at a Power 5 program... says a lot.

Be nuts if he won the job but I've always thought he's had high potential. Would be very happy for him!

Similar thing in high school. He wasn't really a stud early on, but improved dramatically over time.

My money is still on Bailey, but still early, so we'll see.

Last edited:
For those who don't follow this guy on Twitter, I'm sorry. I wish I could tell you who he is but I have no idea. All I can tell you is he posts a lot of very insightful things about Tennessee and I don't mean rumor mill type stuff... I mean X's and O's mean and potatoes type stuff. Whoever this guy is he knows football and it wouldn't surprise me at all if he's got some connections on the hill.

Should have a solid back up to go in after the first drive. Kid is hell of an athlete but he gets injured way to often

Here is what I think about BM: High character, talented, has the "it" factor, has moxie but is injury prone. He could start the season but I don't believe he could stay healthy an entire game much less a season. JMO.

Last edited:
May the best man win. I’ll be 100% behind whoever it is. My hat’s off to him if he sticks it out and wins the job after seeming to be in the doghouse last year. A lot of other guys would have given up and hit the portal.
Pruitt's doghouse holds little to no weight with me now... I'm pulling for Maurer if for no other reason to know that quite a few arm chair Heisman winners on here are going to look quite foolish....

Don't understand the injury-prone statements. He had one lingering injury where the inept offensive line couldn't block the nursing home's team and Maurer's head was bent backwards and nearly stuck in his own rear.
Being injured once is injury prone to some. Never mind the mismanagement of said injury by Pruitt. Idk why some can’t see that Pruitt WANTED Brian to fail and therefore only put him in situations to do so

VN Store

Back